Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Tonight is going to be bad. We're going out to celebrate the boyfriend's birthday at a Brazillian steakhouse which is all you can eat of the finest cuts of meat, an unlimited salad bar, and tons of friend plantains... truth be told, I'm going to eat it, without guilt. I'm not going to let myself be a slave to my weight. I only get to go out maybe once a month, so when I do, I'm going to drink my wine, eat my steak, and perhaps top it off with chocolate cake!

... Lets hope I feel this confident tomorrow morning =)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Tonight is going to be bad. We're going out to celebrate the boyfriend's birthday at a Brazillian steakhouse which is all you can eat of the finest cuts of meat, an unlimited salad bar, and tons of friend plantains... truth be told, I'm going to eat it, without guilt. I'm not going to let myself be a slave to my weight. I only get to go out maybe once a month, so when I do, I'm going to drink my wine, eat my steak, and perhaps top it off with chocolate cake!

... Lets hope I feel this confident tomorrow morning =)

*love this* I too only go out every so often..it used to be 3x a week, but after changing my life and losing my job, it actually worked out great because I didn't have the option to go out but maybe once a month, and that was only IF we skipped a bill (so it didn't happen), but for Christmas we got a gift certificate to a local place we've never been to (and no online menu) and plan on using it tonight. I won't say I'm going to be completely guilt free (because I know better), but I am eating a little throughout the day instead of 3 large meals and I'll just have to wing it on putting my dinner into my diary.

Anyway, I managed 12 glasses Mon and 16 yesterday, I was able to walk outside 2x Mon and once yesterday and
    I 'Just Dance'd 15min ago. The weather looks nice out, sun is big and bright, but that wind is crazy cold! I may not go out today, don't wanna get sick before this Saturday! I think 30DS or Leslie Sansone may be in order later today. Hope everyone is doing great this week! About 10days ago, I decided to stop tracking my sodium because I was more worried about that than ANYTHING else and the stress was driving myself and my hubby crazy. I did peek at it yesterday for all of last week, and sure I was over a day or two, but I wasn't worried the slightest. Hopefully I'll conitune making low sodium choices without obsessing over it. Take care all!
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    So excited to see my name on the chart, woo hoo! Looking forward to my Monday weigh-in next week!

Watched Biggest Loser last night - I've only watched one other season - Season 7. Helen won that year. Although I didn't like her much in the beginning I was thrilled when she won because she is MY AGE! I'll be 51 this April and I plan to have 20 lbs off by then!

I've been eating "Zone" style, so I went in and altered the percentages of Protein, Carbs, and Fat on the Food Tracker here at MFP so that they would reflect "Zone-friendly" amounts. I LOVE THIS SITE - really makes me accountable, and I love looking up my foods and ACCURATELY tracking them!

Am drinking more water than ever but probably still not getting in more than 5 glasses per day. I don't drink coffee, I completely gave up Diet Coke, so I pretty much drink hot tea (some black, some green) all day besides the water.

Used to chew up 2-5 Tums each day for periodic gastric upset, but have needed NONE since giving up Diet Coke! When I do occasionally have one (limited to an 8 ounce serving), I need a couple of Tums within a few hours! NO MORE!

Let's kick it ladies!

:-)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm about to go to the gym. I might branch out today and do some of the strength training machines. I usually do just the cardio machines because I don't have a lot of time at the gym (a 2 year old, 1 year old, and newborn will do that to you lol). So maybe some circuit machines today.

How do you guys count calories for doing the circuit machines at the gym? Or do you count it as strength training only?

I don't usually eat my exercise calories (unless I'm hungry) so I guess it doesn't really matter.
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow hello to all the new people - can't believe how many have joined up!

Am loving all my new exercise DVD's that I got for Christmas, I've got a good rotation of about 12 now, that stops me from getting bored. Had a crap nights sleep last night though, woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep until 6, not a great start to my first day back at work!

Hi! Im looking for exercise DVDs that are about 30 mins and get you're heart rate up. Can you recommend any from you list? Thanks!

Well Jillian Michaels' the 30 Day Shred is always good since its 30 mins for each level and you can put them together if you want a harder workout.. I also really like the 10minute solution DVDs since if I don't have a huge amount of time I can just do 30-40 mins rather than the full 50 mins. I have the kickboxing one and the fat blasting dance one I think it is. They're both really good for burning the calories!! Erm...Also look for DVDs that are segmented, so you can just do a couple of sections, rather than one long workout if you don't have that much time.

Hope this helps!!

Good luck :smile:
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well. My starting weight is 233 lbs. I'm working up my motivation daily as last year at this time I was down to 209 and I gained it all back :(. But my goals this year are to finally work on me, inside and out, and to stop emotional eating! But for now, my goal is to hopefully get a kickstart to losing the pounds (moreso inches) to keep my motivation up!

Thanks for doing this!
  • df1982
    df1982 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for including me!
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The regular sized strawberry limeade chiller was 730 CALORIES!! I stopped drinking it right then & threw it away. Of course it was delicious, but no amount of delicious is going to sabotage my hard work!
    true that!! have you heard the quote "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" your story totally reminded me of it!! lol
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Stair Climber was full at the gym today, so I walked 3 uphill miles on the treadmill at 3mph, so sixty minutes. Burned 367 calories. Not as many as I'd hoped but still proud of it. :smile:
  • karann15
    karann15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    AmandaR910: Awesome Job!!!!!
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I had a bad food day yesterday (second day on a diet and failing miserably is not very good!). I apparently like those fiberPlus bars a little too much. I must find a better place to hide them than in my night stand drawer! I had 2 before bed, and woke up at 1 am and had another one! Uuuuggghhhh! So at least today was a new day, and I decided that it was better to go over my calories by 245 by having that many bars, than if I had stashed a package of oreos and ate them instead!!!!!! Today was much better. I wasn't that hungry (perhaps still full of fiber!) LOL! Love reading all of your posts here! Thanks for letting me join!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Speaking of oreo's, I actually made dessert tonight with dinner. I used reduced fat oreo's fat free cream cheese and made a crust then put sugar free, fat free chocolate pudding on top of that and fat free whipped cream on the very top. It was absolutely delish and only had about 4.5 grams of fat per serving and less than 250 calories.

Going to do some walking while watching the people's choice awards. :)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Well Jillian Michaels' the 30 Day Shred is always good since its 30 mins for each level and you can put them together if you want a harder workout.. I also really like the 10minute solution DVDs since if I don't have a huge amount of time I can just do 30-40 mins rather than the full 50 mins. I have the kickboxing one and the fat blasting dance one I think it is. They're both really good for burning the calories!! Erm...Also look for DVDs that are segmented, so you can just do a couple of sections, rather than one long workout if you don't have that much time.

Hope this helps!!

Good luck :smile:

Thanks! I did the 30 minute Shred in November and it was a great workout! I just didnt like doing the same thing every day. I need to add that back into my routine at least once a week.
    It's funny that you mention the 10 minute solutions DVDs...I went for a walk to Target and they were on sale for $10 so I got the 10 Minute Solution Rapid Results fat burner DVD. I wasnt sure about this DVD so I checked amazon for ratings and they were pretty good. I decided to order the Knockout Body one. Hoping for a Great Workout!

Thanks for the advice!
    Have a Healthy Day!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I do the knockout one and it's super fun, I also have the rapid results and.. another one I can't remember the name of.
  • loveme445
    Options
    I do the knockout one and it's super fun, I also have the rapid results and.. another one I can't remember the name of.

Thats good to hear that they are fun. Did you get the gloves with the knockout DVD? If so, I was wondering are they any good and how many pounds they were.
  • goldilocks007
    Options
    I hope it is not too late to join in. I love this idea of setting our own goals and supporting each other. This group has some great energy. My starting weight is 194. My goals for the week are geared to get me back to the swing of things. The holidays and then New Years bronchitis...what a challenge posed to me this year, and not handled very well on my end---It will now be put behind me, and I'm moving forward. No more feeling sorry for myself, or feeling guilty for the food I have consumed over the holidays, or beating myself up over the inability to exercise effectively the week I need it most! I need to set goals to get going again. I will drink 8 glasses of water daily:drinker: , begin to track food daily again, stay within calories, and I will complete activity for 30 minutes a day (any movement I can tolerate). :happy: Aerobic activity continues to make me cough too much. I hope to get back to my hour a day workout reestablished over the next 2 weeks
  • fannyanntut
    fannyanntut Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ooo!! can I join in please?
    my current weight (as of the 1st Jan) is 217lbs

x
  • MammaEllis
    Options
    My goals this week... Get at least 16 cups of water in each day and eat a hot breakfast even on work days.

830631.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    May I join please?

My cw is 221.5

My sw was 239.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Did 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results fat burner DVD for the first time tonight. I will be adding this to my routine.The time went by so fast and its a good workout. I did all 5 workouts (50 mins~Burned 381 cals).