Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies,

Hubby arrives today so a bit of hobble along tidying up and then a homecooked meal for a nice family dinner. Last night I was able to sleep without a 3am wake up call due to pain so I woke up refreshed this morning. I canceled work because sitting at the desk is really not comfy and an 8 hour shift did not sound like fun yesterday. Last night I did some floorwork and some PT exercises for the knee and boy did my leg seem so weak during those simple moves.:huh:

Thelma- My MRI is scheduled for next week and I was already using a pseudo cane at home, TG I'm a stay at home mom with a flexible work schedule. The doctor mentioned coming in for PT but mobility was so unstable and painful I requested holding off on that for now and using exercises at home. Hopefully it is only soft tissue injury but if that is all I would hate to truly damage anything worst because childbirth was easier than tha pain last week.:noway:

Laurie- Yes my eldest suprised me and was very helpful to include chasing me out of the kitchen, prepping my meals and getting me settled on the couch before leaving for school.:bigsmile: My little one is a mother hen so she would fill my water bottle and bring her blanket and pillow to support me on the chaise.:love: They both stepped up and I was very proud of them.:heart:

Erika- Good luck on the job!:flowerforyou:

Tami- Glad to hear you had some time with your friends, always a good way to enjoy laughter.:bigsmile: I have been slowed down but unfortunately I'm a true type A who has a hard time sitting still.:blushing: I was using my cane as a broom but now I'm able to walk without it but the brace has been a lifesaver as it does not allow any rotation at all. I also have some prescribed topical gel that I use at night but skipped the pain meds for now.

Have a great day ladies.:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ FAST was a good class again last night! :wink: I was happy to get my workout in so I worked hard and went heavy when I could and all out on the brief cardio bursts. The guy next to me asked if I was trying to show him up :laugh: It was pretty funny. Found out he is the instructor’s boyfriend and was there to support her, he had a good sense of humor so it was all in fun. :smile: Seems like a different group than the BC other than a few of us. The class was the same format but looks like she will change up some of the lifting so it isn’t the exact same every week; which is nice. This a.m. was XT Legs Standing/Ball & Chair/Floor work + Rear Delts. Tonight will be Insane-X :wink: I did find out Katy has the Friday Night Spin class every week now! WooHoo :drinker:

Erika: Good Luck on the interview(s)!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Keep us posted when you can. You are a busy lady doing amazing things, don’t worry about the workouts ~ As you know, they will always be there when you have time and it sounds like you are getting in what you can, when you can! Nicely done.

Laurie: I bet you are really glad last week is over! :noway: :drinker: Nice job getting in some great core work!
    Yes, Monday a.m. does feel like a weekend hangover forsure, that’s funny! :laugh: Even without kids/activities I feel like it’s usually a lot packed into just 2 days, especially if I do something fun one day and then everything else packed into a day. I bet you are feeling a huge relief with no dance, no track meets. A nice 3-day weekend ahead for you!?

Thelma: Dang it ….. I’m so sorry to hear that workout put your shoulder into a spasm & the STS workout put your Achilles into pain as well. :sad: Hopefully both will simmer down for you very soon and I am sure wearing the supportive shoes on your feet & PT will help too. You are a MILLION percent correct on why Monday is a “snooze” day :ohwell: sadly but true. Thank you for getting it. :smile: Hmmmm I think the S90 videos are pretty decent quality. Nothing fancy as far as the workout setting but the videos themselves are clear. Not like watching a low budget movie or something ….. :laugh: Maybe it was a bad clip.
    I saw your description of that woman at your office ~ It’s official, she is related to the lady I work with, they must be twins. I can’t believe your trip to Ireland is so close! :bigsmile: That’s so exciting.

Michelle: Sounds like you are taking care of your injury & doing what you can do until you get to the root of what has caused this. Nice job with the knee brace. :wink: That is so darling that your girls are absolutely taking care of you . . . you’ve obviously been a good example all these years for them to mimic your behavior! :flowerforyou:

Have a great evening ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

I just finished up S90D Tabata Inferno and Jillian's Kickbox FastFix Workout 2 (lower body). Felt really good during the workouts, and it was a bit of surprise that the Jillian workout really got my hr up there. I think that I remember these as being way to easy, but maybe that was one of the other three. Overall I was a sweaty mess after I was finished up with both workouts.

Thelma, I'm hoping that the PT will help you with the tightness that you are experiencing right now. Couldn't resist those kickboxing workouts I see. I'm glad that you where able to get a combo down though. Not that you need an injury. I'm super excited that I don't have to go to dance class tonight. We get a break until September, and then she only has a year left. I love watching her dance, but like all things you sometimes want it to end. I don't know that I would be able to stand seeing someone not doing their job either. I only see the production people sitting around reading, and on the computer when I walk by. And I know that they are not on a scheduled break. :huh:

Michelle, Glad to hear that you where able to get through the night without pain. That has to be a positive. Nice that you are giving the family a nice dinner for your DH's return. You have every right to be proud of those girls, it shows that you have done a good job. They know what needs to be done when you are not feeling well.

Tami, We posted around the same time. WTG on the workouts, and Yippee on having Katy as your instructor for the Friday class. I'm ready to rock and roll with the workouts, now that I have my evenings free. Of course there will be a couple of meets next week, and the state meet (if she makes it). I think she should. If that happens, then the oldest and I will head up there to watch her run. I was a little surprised that my core was sore when I was doing some of the core work in the tabata workout tonight, guess I must have gotten that area good last night.

Have a great evening,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, thankfully I felt better when I woke up this morning. My upper back was a little tight and tender from where I had been digging into with the tennis ball in order to massage myself. My right bicep has a nice bruise which I gave myself trying to knead the tightness out with the tennis ball too. I also felt that my shoulders were pointing forward and that is because they were. Mark had to push my shoulder blades back. By 1PM though I realized that I was feeling pretty good. So at least I know that I shocked my body pretty good last night but it recovers the next day. My Achilles tendon felt pretty normal today too but when I did the spinning bike I could feel the tendon act up. It makes me wonder if this foot injury is due to the fact that I've been doing the bike 3 times a week and I normally do it once a week.
    PT went well and it helped. I got an email from the gym's owner telling me that Sarah quit today and gave him a two week notice. I believe I have 7 sessions left which I won't be able to use while Sarah is still there. I'm going to have to train with a guy I don't know. I'm going to miss Sarah but her leaving makes my decision about buying more sessions much easier. I've been leaning toward not buying anymore because the new gym should be opening in the next couple of months. Once I use up the sessions I have left that will be it for me and I'll just do my DVD's at home until the new gym opens up.

Michelle, I'm glad you were able to sleep better last night. Your girls are awesome and so thoughtful!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful dinner tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed that you only have a soft tissue injury!

Tami, I'm glad you're liking that FAST class. Funny about the instructor's boyfriend asking if you were trying to show him up! I bet he was struggling to keep up with you! :laugh:
    Amazing workouts today! :drinker: So happy for you now that you've confirmed Katy will be the Friday night spinning instructor!

Tami, I was pretty much on freak out mode last night but thankfully I am feeling 1000% better. I seriously shocked my back and arm muscles. I was afraid to tell Marc what I'd done. I won't be doing that workout any time soon though. I have to stick with the PT exercises. My Achilles is better too. I've been sleeping with my Achilles boot on to make sure the tendon stays on a stretched position. Surprisingly the boot hasn't bothered me. I'm not 100% yet but definitely feeling better and I know I have to be careful.
    I'll have to check out more video clips for that S90D programs on YouTube because the clip I watched sure looked like I was watching a low budget movie.
    We had an emergency meeting at work about resources in my department and my boss had the nerve to ask the lazy woman to tell him how busy she was and then added I think you're on this project 10% of the time as a tester and the rest is for this other new interim work she's doing. I wanted to yell and tell everyone in that room that she has nothing to do and she could be more like 50% on the project! I've told my boss plenty of times about this woman. He even yelled at me for saying it too many times for his taste. I just wanted to say then do something about this because it is affecting my morale. I really need to update my resume. I don't expect to find a job easily at all but I will at least have the satisfaction of putting the resume back in circulation. I wish I could retire now! BTW, every day is a hit the snooze button day for me now!
    I can't believe Ireland is just around the corner! Can't wait!

Laurie, you're really making up for a lost week! Wonderful work with your workouts!
    Thankfully I'm doing better with the tightness Laurie. I couldn't resist the kickboxing workouts. I just love those! I'm happy you'll finally get some "me time" to get into your workouts. Well deserved break! I'm sure you love to watch her dance but you also need some time do do things for you and this is your time!
    It really stinks to sit next to someone who does nothing all day. This woman is on a full time break!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Very quick check-in, but I really miss you all.......so I wanted to say 'hi'! We made it to Florida safely, though it was a long trip. We were on the road for 12-14 hours a day given the maximum speed of the truck. But we made it without mishap.....and so did our belongings. We did pretty good for amateur packers as, so far, no damage. :drinker:

But, as we feared, the house wasn't ready when we got here. In fact, it was MUCH worse than I imagined. The previous tenants destroyed it and left it filthy. The landlord was trying (painting, cleaning carpets that are beyond cleaning, etc), but it wasn't enough. I can't tell you how many hours I have spent cleaning just to make it inhabitable. Very, very frustrating, and we have had some not-so-kind words with the landlord about it. It is such a shame because it is a beautiful house. But it was her responsibility to know the shape of the house and what was going to be required in a turn-over......and she didn't. :grumble: But we had no choice but to move in, so we did. It is coming together nicely now, but the time my DH was here (the weekend) was spent working on the house which has left all of the unpacking to me. I am tired......to say the least.

But on Monday, true to myself after four days off, I resumed my STS workouts with Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. I had to modify a bit because I didn't have access to my workout room yet (wet carpets).....but it felt great given all of the frustration over the previous days (and the long drive). Yesterday was STS Legs and I added on some core and X10 Hi/Lo for fun. I am hoping to do more STS and cardio tonight as well. I makes me feel better to do it after a long day of unpacking.....oddly.

I hope to be back to more regular posting soon!!!!

Laurel
  • camaxon
    camaxon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    just curious if anyone on here has completed the sts series and what kind of results you got?
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Insane-X was outside on the tennis court last night. It was very nice out and a few voted to be out there. Minus some small rocks, dust/dirt and dead ants it was a good workout! :laugh: :bigsmile: We did Burpees on every single round:huh: One round it was Burpee, pop-up kick, kick but otherwise Burpees, Burpees to a low plank & hold until she said pop up and more Burpees. Today was Tabatacise and headed to Spinning tonight. :wink: When I get home there will still be time for a dog walk so I hope to do that. It’s our nicest day of the week today. Supposed to get worse and be raining by Friday.

Laurie: Sounds like a really great combo! :bigsmile: Always love Tabata Inferno and to throw in some Jillian is never a bad thing! Don’t you love it though when you feel the “work” you did from the day before? I have to say last night during Insane X, I was feeling some DOMS in my rear delts that I worked in the a.m. After all the push-ups/planks. Thanks for celebrating my good news of “Katy” :laugh: :wink: Means I get to have her in class (unless she can’t be there) all but one day. Nice.

Thelma: Happy to hear that you worked out some of the tightness you had going on! :smile: Sounds like you are doing all the right things to help yourself get better & at the same time keeping up with your workouts! Awesome job lady! I commend you as always for your tremendous effort. :drinker: OMG! I bet you wanted to just scream and run out of the room when your boss said that?!?! :grumble: I'm sorry, I understand the frustration, the "hitting of the snooze" button, etc..... Maybe updating your resume will help. I know this year I put my "feelers" out there and I have had a couple things come back but nothing solid. Just feels better to not feel stuck sometimes but at the same time after 20 years I have a pretty decent wage, so it's hard to find that currently in our area. :ohwell: I bet with Sarah leaving that does make your decision easier. I know you have been struggling with that decision for a while. That’s great timing too …. Just do your home DVDs until the new one opens up.:smile:

Laurel: Great to hear from you and glad you made it to Florida safe & sound!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: Huge disappointment and I am so sorry to hear about your rental. :noway: :grumble: That is awful. Sounds like you have made the best of a very disappointing situation though and are just digging in to get it at least comfortable for you two. What a bummer. Way to get in your workout the other day with what you could do in the space allowed. Nicely done :drinker: …. Most would have just waited until your area was all set. I’m sure it felt fantastic. Take care and check in when you can! We miss you.

Camaxon: I have completed the STS series 4 times! :bigsmile: If that doesn’t say enough right there. :wink: :laugh: Seriously though, love the program and each and every time I have done it I gain strength & endurance. Truly one of Cathe’s best programs for strength training. I would highly recommend it and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Hope you all have a great evening! Until tomorrow . . . Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, up upper body felt almost 100% today which is wonderful. My foot not so much. I could definitely tell my Achilles tendon was tight this morning and I made the mistake of wearing slingback sandals to work. I did not listen to my gut feeling so I was uncomfortable all day thinking that I was really going to hurt my Achilles tendon. Thankfully I made it through the work day. I think the spinning is not a good thing for me right now because I could feel last night when I was spinning that it was affecting the heel. I'll have to do something else on PT nights like walking or a DVD.

I did Intensity tonight but stayed away from any lunges because I think I over extended my arches last Saturday doing them. Tonight I can tell both my arches feel funny so I'm walking very carefully. I have flat as a pancake feet so I have to be very careful. I wear custom made orthotics in my sneakers so that helps.
    Tonight after my workout I spent a long time stretching and massaging my calves and I think I found the knot on my right calf that's affecting my Achilles tendon. I massaged with the foam roller as well as a tennis ball. My calves and Achilles tendon feel better so now I have to worry about my non existing arches.
    Tomorrow night I will go to PT. I managed to get 2 appointment with Sarah before she leaves. I'll go Friday at 7:30 AM because I have the day off and Tuesday after work. I'll have 5 sessions left after these two.

Laurel, so good to have you back!! OMG! What a big disappointment to have found your rental in such bad shape. I hope the landlady fixes up the house and changes those carpets for you. Some tenants can be really bad. I am glad you and your belongings made there safely. You really must be exhausted with everything you've had to do lately and on top of things you get to do the unpacking by yourself! Great workouts! I'm sure the workouts helped relieve some of the stress you've been under lately.

Tami, that Insane-X class last night sounds like a killer class!! Amazing workouts!

I am glad the tightness on the upper body is not there anymore. Thanks for the kudos on keeping up with the workouts.
    Work is really frustrating. I'll have to get going with the resume for sure.
    Sarah's departure sure makes my decision much easier.

Goo d night!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Had to get in a late workout, did some errands on the way home (dog needed food and the nose piece on my glasses fell off). I got our dinner fixed (shrimp and a salad), and then took an hour to let the stomach settle, then headed downstairs. Today was S90D Shoulders & Arms, and then since I had so much fun with the Kickbox FastFix workout yesterday, I decided to do Workout 1. This one is mostly upper body, so it went well with the weight workout.

Thelma, Do take care of your foot. I'm sure that you will be able to come up with something that will work for you to get in some exercise. Sounds like your body recovered fairly well from your kickboxing workout. I have to make up for the time off, because I'm going to be visiting with my family this weekend (can't believe that it is Memorial Day already:noway: ), and my Mom makes some great food. I try to be good about eating, but it is very very hard.

Laurel, So good to hear that you made it to FL without mishap, just horrible that the house was in that state. I'm sure that was not something that you wanted to walk into after all that time spent driving. I never understand how people can leave places filthy, I wouldn't be able to sleep if I knew someone was going to have to deal with my mess. WTG on getting in your workouts.

Tami, Do you wear gloves when doing all those burpees outside? :laugh: I don't know if I would like putting my hand down onto a bug. :blushing: We are also having a beautiful day today, and it sure was nice to have warmth. After this winter, I promised myself that I wouldn't complain about the heat. :bigsmile: I was still feeling those lower ab muscles today when I was laughing at something my co-worker said. Have not had those in quite a while.

Camaxon, I have done STS through one round, and like Tami said it really does increase your strength. If I had followed a better diet plan, I think my results as far as fat loss would have been a lot better than what I ended up with. One thing that I liked about the system was that each workout is different, even though some of the exercises have the same footage. Going to start up a STS/Xtrain rotation coming up in June.

Have a great evening,
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a great Spin class except Katy had kind of a sugar crash or lack of food/nutrients so she had to almost stop and one of the guys who is a doctor went and got her some sugar water. She was dizzy and weak :frown: …. I felt so bad for her. Of course being the hard core instructor that she is she apologized over & over to us all and said she was embarrassed. OMG! :noway: I was just glad it wasn’t something serious. Poor girl. This a.m. was XT: All Out Low Impact HIIT + Burn Sets Shoulders. No Insane X tonight – My BFF’s daughter called and is getting a few of us together for her Birthday which is today. So I am headed to a restaurant real close to my work to have a little celebration with my BFF and her daughter.

Thelma: Great news on the upper body feeling so good yesterday! :bigsmile: Hopefully that stays true for a while now. Dang on the Achilles pain though :ohwell: I know how painful that can be. Sounds like you are doing all the right things for it though. My DH has flat feet and battles pain just from being on his feet with bad shoes all day. We bought him insoles and it has saved him. In the summer he wears Keen sandals and those seem to do the trick but he still gets some pain just by being on his feet too much. That’s so great you were able to schedule 2 sessions with Sarah before she goes.

Laurie: Another great combo you put together last night! Nice work :drinker: NO I don’t have gloves on …. So my hands are black! :ohwell: We have small mats we take out there (thicker than a yoga mat but not as long) The small rocks that are out there dig in when we do walking push-ups, because we go off and on the mat. I just flick the bugs away if I see them so I don’t squash my hand down on them. :laugh: :huh:

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ talk to you tomorrow! :flowerforyou: Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

My workout for today was S90D Cardio Challenge and some yoga/stretching. Just DH and I tonight for dinner, youngest is at a track meet (she is helping at this one) and the oldest is working. Making some talapia and salad for dinner.

Tami, Sorry to hear about Katy, can't imagine how many classes she teaches. If she would skip any meal, she probably would be crashing. I know that I do when I don't eat right. Have a great time at the birthday celebration, sounds like something fun. LOL about the bugs. I don't know if I could handle that, my hands are so sensitive. :laugh: No really, but I sure treat them like that. :laugh:

Have a wonderful evening,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Late check-in for me, but I put in another 12 hours on the house today. And it is really beginning to feel like 'home'. :drinker: Even got some pictures on the walls now. I have quite a few more things to do over the next several days, but today was the last of my long days.

I did get my workout in last night (STS Back and Triceps and Shock Cardio Step Moves). Today was XTrain Cardio Leg Blast Extreme with core. Felt great! Tomorrow is my 49th :noway: birthday, and I hope to celebrate with a 'normal' workout--for me, that is. :blushing: I hope to do a total body and a full 60 minute cardio. I have been missing my normal routine!! And then my in-laws are coming down to take me to dinner, which is so nice of them. Happy not to be totally alone on my birthday.

Tami, I hope Katy is okay! That must have been scary. Hope you enjoyed your evening out.

Laurie, sounds like a nice dinner! I love tilapia.....one of my favorite fishes. Sounds like S90 is working great for you right now. I should revisit those workouts because they are so good.

Thelma, hope you are recovering. Sounds like you are doing everything to take care of your Achilles. Hopefully it heals quickly.

Michelle, hope your knee is okay! That sounds scary. Take care of yourself.

Erika, always good to see you. Glad to hear things are going well.

If I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, I hope you all enjoy a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, PT was great tonight. It was all about strengthening exercises so it felt like a workout. It was great! I lost one more pound and the total so far is 20.5 lbs. This means I've met my 4th goal. Now my 5th goal is 22 lbs. The reason why I did two lbs is because we're going to Ireland next month and I know I'm going to gain weight.

My feet still hurt though. I think I have fallen arches in addition to the Achilles tendon problem because it is right there at the arch that hurts. I've been massaging and stretching a lot so hopefully with a little rest my feet will feel better soon.

Tonight I did a Leslie Sansone Walk Slim workout which is all low impact. It still felt like I should'lve taken a day off. I followed that with an ab workout section from Cathe's Abs Hits DVD.
    Today was my Friday because I'm off tomorrow. DH and I don't have any plans for the weekend. We'll just do some gardening. He is going to work tomorrow morning. Sarah called me her 8:15 client cancelled for tomorrow so I took that session instead of the 7:15 one!
    I'm going to a Lady Grace tomorrow to get measured for a bra size because I can't figure out what my right size is anymore.

Laurie, great job with that S90D routine! I LOVE tilapia too! I am taking good care of my feet Laurie so I hope they recover quickly. I am happy about the upper body speedy recovery too!

Tami, great workouts as always! OMG! Poor Katy! That must've been so scary for everyone there. Thank God there was someone there who could help her and that she is OK.
    I hope you have a great time with your BFF and her daughter tonight! Sounds like a lot of fun.
    I can't believe your DH has flat feet too! Everybody in my family has flat feet. I have custom made orthotics. Keen sandals don't offer me any support. The only sandals I can walk on are Birkenstocks.
    I am excited to be able to train with Sarah before she leaves too.

Laurel, WOW! You're amazing. I can't believe you put 12 hours on the house today and then you still had energy to workout! Happy Birthday:flowerforyou: !!!
    I'm so glad you won't be alone for your birthday. How nice of your in-laws!

Good night!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies and a TGIF for a 3-day weekend!!! :drinker: Not sure what we are doing yet but we might go to some friends a couple hours away with the dogs and do some fishing. We will see. DH just got home from Seattle, but he is always up for fishing!
    I am happy to have 3 days off and if the dogs can go that will be great. I'll just get in my workout before we leave. :wink: IF we don't go I will still enjoy and maybe get my bike out!!

Laurie: Great job with S90 Cardio! That is another great one from that series. :drinker: :bigsmile: I think that is what happened, she just got busy and skipped a meal or didn't eat enough.

Thelma: Way to go with last night's workout! Sounds like your really enjoyed it too :bigsmile: Huge congrats on the 1 LB more down!! Woo Hoo :drinker: You are on FI-YA!!

Laurel: You are truly Super Woman! :bigsmile: :drinker: Moving in or out of a home is so exhausting I think. I'm sure the workout gave you that extra energy you needed! Way to go.

Hope you ladies have a fantastic weekend! Off to Katy's Friday Night Spin!! :drinker:
    Tami
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Mostly tongue in cheek ...

Alrightly then, I made it through Pyramid Upper earlier in the week and Pyramid Lower this morning.

Does anyone else think Cathe's weight changes are supernaturally fast? Do they speed up the rests while I'm not watching? (Talk about pause and rewind ... several times.) Seriously, I swear there are some aspects to that amazing gal that are not entirely human.

And, on another laughing note, having done STS, I thought Cathe's weights on Pyramid were a little ... light! She hit a whole 40 pounds on the deadlift 8 repper ... yeah ... that's where I started!!! (No offense, Cathe dear, I just noticed the almost decade difference between the routines.)

:) Here's to strength and power you lovely ladies!

I also started on the 100 pushup challenge app. I've tried the paper version several times, but the app actually reminds me ... with little notifications. How cool is that?

Kira
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workout with Sarah went great. I was worried about not being able to do much I did pretty good. I was able to do the elliptical and that helped. Tonight I worked out again but just a little workout. I did a little X10. I just did 3 chapters, warmup, low impact and stretch, then I did the abs on the balance ball from the Ab Circuits DVD. The DVD cover claimed that it was 10 minutes long but it was closer to 20. I couldn't do the last 9 minutes because that was super advanced so I did other ab exercises.
    Thankfully my feet are feeling better. I've been massaging a lot and I think that has been key. At least today my feet didn't hurt like they have the last couple of day. Huge improvement for sure.

Tami, I'm glad you have a log weekend too. We're going to go see X-Man tomorrow and we're going to be buying our annual flower plants.

Hi Kira, good to see you here! Sounds like you're doing some amazing workouts! Cathe's weight changes are super fast thanks to editing I'm sure but the woman for sure is not entirely human. She's amazing.
    That is funny about you thinking Cathe started with light weights on the Pyramid workout! I'm sure Laurel would agree!

That push up app sounds awesome! I just checked them out and they have great reviews. I can't do any upper body stuff yet but I should download the situps and squats ones!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREL!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Have a great weekend ladies!
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Just sneaking in to say that Cathe just announced a new series of 7 DVD's I'm super excited, because this sounds like the workouts that I have been wanting. Heavy weights and HiiT! :drinker: http://cathe.com/announcing-cathes-next-dvd-series-ripped-with-hiit

Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

I'm working today after a great weekend in Atlanta and Blue Ridge Mountains.:bigsmile: My wonderful little cousin graduated from high school and his mom hosted a wonderful catered party the next day for family and friends. Afterwards we headed to Blue Ridge and was greeted with a storm that included hail and serious lightning.:noway: The Art festival was in town and after touring the orchards we spent a day there admiring the wonderful art work from artists throughout the U.S. The next day we toured downtown and had a nice lunch and visited the Sweet Shop, winner of cupcake wars, not to mention good treats.:bigsmile: Afterwrads we traveld to the trails to hike up tp Amicalola Falls, absolutely amazing even if I did not traverse the other 475 steps.:noway: Overall it was a blast minus a few twinges here and there but my eldest led the way and did not give up which motivated me to keep trekking. This morning the doctor called back with the MRI results and I tore my left meniscus and I'm waiting to get to the ortho dr., so I will know more by the end of the week.

Thelma- Wow 21 lbs, keep up the great work!

Happy Belated Birthday Laurel!:flowerforyou:

My break is up so I will check in tomorrow.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was quiet, but that is just what I needed. I had more work to do around the house, but pretty much took Saturday off from that. A very nice break.

I am also finally feeling like my workouts are getting back to normal. Friday was STS Total Body and Party Rockin' Step 1 (66 minute premix). Saturday I did a cardio combo of Turbo Fire 45 and Turbo Fire 60. Sunday was STS Plyo Legs and Tabatacise. Yesterday was STS Chest, Shoulders and Biceps followed by To The Max Extreme. And today was STS Legs followed by Cathe's Greatest Hits workout. Feels good to be back to a routine, even if it is short-lived as I head back to Colorado in 6 days to watxh my husband retire and then repeat the last two weeks. :ohwell:

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Really enjoyed my time with my in-laws. It was such a nice break, and they took me out for a nice dinner--the best meal I'd had in days. I think it is going to be nice living so close to them.

Thelma, congratulations on the weight loss and breaking through another goal!! Amazing given all you have been going through physically. That STS Stability Ball workout is a long, tough one, that's for sure. I know I will never master one legged pikes on a stability ball. :blushing: . But keep at some of the moves, and they will get easier.

Kira, Cathe does change weights at lightening speed, that's for sure. I have learned with Cathe's workouts to kind of go at my own pace, so I don't notice it as much anymore. For instance, if she is chatting about form and I know what is coming, I just go ahead and start. Then I don't feel as rushed as sometimes she can make me feel. She did go lighter with weights on her earlier workouts, but I think she did that so as not to intimidate people and because I suspect she had more 'takes' during her earlier filming than she does now. I know that now she likes to get everything done in one take if possible.

Laurie, I saw that too!! This sounds like a good series, and I am excited about more HiiT and more heavy weights from Cathe. And I love the sound of the lower body workout if it is like STS a Plyo Legs!! :drinker: Definitely will be pre-ordering!

Tami, hope you got to enjoy a weekend away! Sounds like so much fun!!

Michelle, yikes on the knee! I really hope it doesn't require surgery. Please keep us posted. Sounds like you enjoyed a great weekend, though. That is a part of the country I hope we can explore now that we are living in Florida.

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend was good but we ended up staying home :ohwell: Long story short, DH had a cracked fuel line :huh: and had to have it repaired (obviously). A couple weeks ago he thought he had water in his tank or ran out of gas …. Come to find out it was a leak from the crack. With all the electronics in his boat he is very glad a fire didn’t start :noway: So at any rate, we stayed home. I did get in some good workouts …… STS Total Body on Saturday :bigsmile: + walk with the kids, Sunday was XT Upper Body “Double Trouble” :bigsmile: + walk with the kids and then yesterday I took a REST day and just did the walk with kids. I’m actually headed home for my workout tonight … no Insanity class tonight. DH will be outside working on his boat so I will have my workout area freed up!

Thelma: Sounds like you are making the most of your time doing what you can do, which is fantastic! :bigsmile: I’m happy that it went well with Sarah. Good that your feet are feeling better too. :wink: Hope you were able to get all your flowers planted! Yay. That always feels so good. I say that “wishing” I would do the same and then be able to keep them all alive. I loved the look of the flowers and lots of different pots ….. but I’m not good at keeping them alive. I know, water them right?!? :laugh: :ohwell:

Kira: I know what you are saying and Laurel answered it perfectly.:smile: Once you kind of know what’s coming you can adjust and keep up … I sometimes have little sheets wrote down of the exercise and weights I used for each, it helps a lot. That app sounds perfect! Way to go. :drinker:

Laurie: Yahoo!!! I saw that today as well. I CAN”T wait. :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: That is something I know I will LOVE ~ Count me in.

Michelle: Your weekend sounds so amazing!!! :bigsmile: I bet your knee was on fire after all that hiking/walking. OUCH. I’m sorry to hear you have a tear there, dang it. :frown: Here’s hoping it doesn’t require any kind of surgery.

Laurel: :flowerforyou: Happy HAPPY “Belated” Birthday!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: Sounds like you had a nice time with your in-laws, so glad you have them close and were able to celebrate with them. I’m glad to hear you took a well deserved break on Saturday. We did it again, even through a move we were on the same page there.:wink: I did STS Total Body on Saturday. Always love that one no matter how many times I’ve done it. Fabulous job with your workouts and seriously getting right back into them. So awesome. If you can’t tell from my response to Laurie above …. I too will be right on the pre-order for those. They sound fantastic! I was just thinking recently – seems like Cathe will be coming out with something again soon. We ended up staying home all weekend due to the boat situation but it was all good. Had some quality time with the dogs and I was able to get in a few workouts, relaxation and cleaning.

Talk to you all tomorrow! :flowerforyou: Tami