My 2011 52 7/7 challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    It is great that your family is involved. I started working out for many reasons but one was to help encourage my mother. She's 5' even and 200lbs. I have encouraged and motivated her and now she goes to the gym 4 days a week w/ a personal trainer since June 2010. I am so proud of her! But at the same time... (my vent comes now) I keep listening to her complain that the scale barely moves and she is dancing the fine line of 201-199. Of course working out for 6 months she should have lost some more than that but she barely does cardio (her trainer tells her to do that before the session) and she literally eats all day from pure boredom. (I watched it during Christmas). So I emailed her today and tried to encourage her to log her food so she can see what and how much she is really eating. And her reply is that she knows that she won't stick to it. I feel in a limbo because there is so much more that I can tell her to help her but she is being hard headed! How often does the child get to say that about their parents? :laugh: But not to put her efforts down, because with the sessions she has lost over 8% BF and the docs lowered her insulin (actually told her only once a day and lowered the dosage) and her CL are better.
    I'm really opened to ideas.
    Okay, that was a little off topic for the 52 7/7 challenge, but if it makes it better I'm still hitting the gym tonight. :smile:

Teetee I really wish I had some ideas to share but i'm at a loss. I do not have a lot of patience especially when it comes to ppl who continuously state they are going to/want to do something but don't consistently put forth the effort therefore I tend not to waste my time or breath. It may seem harsh but that really is an issue for me. My friends who constantly talk about they're gonna start exercising or eating healthy no longer get responses from me b/c I've been down that road w/them before and refuse to do it again.....However, if I noticed them REALLY putting forth an effort for a consistent period of time I would give them all the encouragement and support. I've always had the "don't talk about it, be about it" type of attitude so too many excuses annoy me. Again, I really wish I could give some solid advice especially because it's your mother but I have nothing.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello, I did a 45 minute walk yesterday and today I have done a 50 minute Zumba class.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    5/7 - Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 3!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Teetee I really wish I had some ideas to share but i'm at a loss. I do not have a lot of patience especially when it comes to ppl who continuously state they are going to/want to do something but don't consistently put forth the effort therefore I tend not to waste my time or breath. It may seem harsh but that really is an issue for me. My friends who constantly talk about they're gonna start exercising or eating healthy no longer get responses from me b/c I've been down that road w/them before and refuse to do it again.....However, if I noticed them REALLY putting forth an effort for a consistent period of time I would give them all the encouragement and support. I've always had the "don't talk about it, be about it" type of attitude so too many excuses annoy me. Again, I really wish I could give some solid advice especially because it's your mother but I have nothing.

Hear here!! Been there, done that, burned the T-shirt. I'll go out of my way to help those who are trying to change their life, but if I spend too much time on the ones who aren't real about it, it leaves me less time to help the ones who are really trying.
  • meanness67
    Options
    I just finished completing the 2011 chart. So far, 32 of us have come on here. Everyone was added to the chart but some have not posted their accomplishment yet but don't worry, I will update your data when I get it.

I have not read all of the posts yet but some have caught my attention. Some of you have expressed that they absolutly needed a rest day. Remember that the intensity and the duration of the activity is not a factor. What counts is that you do something that is out of the ordinary on a specific day. It could be yoga, meditation or a day at the store. The cleaning of the house even counts!! To those of you who have taken a rest day so far, think back on what you did that day and whether or not it should count.

I will now read every little post. I can't beleive we are already on page 6!!!

For some reason I was thinking it had to be an actual workout. If that's the case I would be 6/7 for this week as I did some serious yard work last Saturday.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Maylan: Great workout, oh how I miss the stair climber!

Thank you guys so much, I know there is so little I can really do. I guess I'm just so worried because my father and all my grandparents are already deceased. I will continue to talk to her about it and hopefully it will all sink in. When we're together we do go to the gym and she does try to get 10-15 mins cardio before her sessions. Slowly she is seeing it "my way." This evening I told her if she doesn't want to attempt to track things, then she should at least look at the label and only eat 1 serving (measure) to see how much extra she is really eating. She did tell me she's at 198 now.

For me, I got my time mixed up and missed my PT session and my trainer knew that wasn't like me. So luckily she had her calendar marked for admin time when I got there and she really made me regret not paying attention to the reminder email. Man, my abs and shoulders are still burning!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    6/7 25 minutes on the treadmill.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    My 6/7 was earned with 810 calories burned! First 370 calories were burned by walkingrunning 1.5 miles pulling my 4 yr old grandson on his sled. We then slid down hills, made snow angels and a snow man. All in one hour! Then while he took his nap I pushed play on my Turbo Fire/ ChaLean Xtreme hybrid. In the 55 minutes I burned 440 calories (not as much as you Choco:wink: !) It was fun but like Choco said you modify until you get in her groove of the move!

Good job all for PUSHING yourself to just do it! Go daily, farther, harder, faster, longer, heavier, higher! you get it!!! Way to GOOOOOOO!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    My 6/7 was earned with 810 calories burned! First 370 calories were burned by walkingrunning 1.5 miles pulling my 4 yr old grandson on his sled. We then slid down hills, made snow angels and a snow man. All in one hour! Then while he took his nap I pushed play on my Turbo Fire/ ChaLean Xtreme hybrid. In the 55 minutes I burned 440 calories (not as much as you Choco:wink: !) It was fun but like Choco said you modify until you get in her groove of the move!

Good job all for PUSHING yourself to just do it! Go daily, farther, harder, faster, longer, heavier, higher! you get it!!! Way to GOOOOOOO!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed ur first official workout and great job w/burning all those calories. You're real serious about losing those 10 lbs for your upcoming cruise. Nothing but success.

I'm looking forward to earning my first point in 2011.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    6/7 with 50 minutes of PT. I was really excited to see that I am getting back to where I was fit-wise in November. I didn't feel like collapsing at PT today! :laugh:

Tomorrow I weigh myself for the first time since my holiday food fest. Ugh. Wish me luck!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! We are going on a cruise too that will be leaving from San Juan on February 26, 2011. In 51 days, we'll be on the Celebrity Summit and getting ready to visit the southern Caribbean!!!

I will push myself a little harder in the next 50 days. I would love to be at 145 again before I leave.
  • sarahsanchez79
    Options
    6/7 - 30 minutes of kinect biggest loser and 20 minutes of wii fit plus
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I am 7/7 today!! Did Week 5 Day 2 of C25K for 32 minutes 340 calories burned. This is the first time I have run 2 miles consecutively without stopping in over a year!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    01/05/11: 5/7
    8 min Abs and Swiss ball for 15 minutes
    Trail-walk: 14m58s, 1.1 mile.

01/06/11: 6/7
    8 min Abs
    Stair-walking
    Step-Circuit: 19m50s
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    WTG wannabe!! I'm building my base back up after an injury so I feel your pain. 4.4 mi. @ 6.0 on the flat for my 7/7. WOOOHOOO I made my first week... 51 to go.... Well, I'll just focus on tomorrow and build those tomorrows into another week. Good job early risers!!! Get going sleepyheads.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Clocking in for 6/7 2.12 miles treadmill.

runningneo... I like your WISE words, I'll remember those!
  • meanness67
    Options
    7/7 with C25K Week 5 Day 3. Yeah me for completing my 20 minute run! Only a little over 1.83 miles...I'm slow but I will worry about speed once I can run the full 1/2 hour.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all!
    7/7 45 mins TJ Cardio Party! This afternoon I plan to stop by the gym to run on the treadmill, the new year's crowd has already died down.

This morning I got on the scale, happy to have lost 2 lbs since my last weigh in. I still have a few lbs to reach my lowest before returning to the states. But I feel that I am now living in reality when I am no longer by myself and in a foreign country that I do not interact with. And even if the scale did not show a lost, my uniform is loose and I'm wearing size 7 jeans and feeling good in them. Happy Friday to all! Have a great workout!
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Happy Friday all :smile:

7/7 .5 miles treadmill warm up, Shred L1. I made the whole week and I feel stronger! :happy:

I will do 2 miles on my bike tonight.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    teetee: CONGRATS on the size 7 jeans!! & the 2 pound loss!! That's so fantastic!

Also big CONGRATS to everyone doing the C25K. I did that last year & stopped 2 weeks shy of finishing. I swear, once school started my workouts went slowly downhill. Running is hard, so big congrats to those of you doing it.

7/7: Cathe STS Legs (50 minutes) & Turbo Fire/ Fire 30 class

I will probably do some yoga later tonight to stretch out my legs.