The Things No One Tells You About Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    That the majority of the "skinny" clothes in your closet that you've been saving for years for when you lost weight are no longer right for your new body, horribly out of date, and just plain ugly!

haha...THIS! I just got rid of 3 pairs of jeans that fit my pre-baby body (10+ years ago) -- they were so high waisted I felt like they were up to my boobs!
  • Claremoak
    Claremoak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Almost everything everyone has said. Clothes, bodily functions, no padding, support, emotions... all of it. This is one of the best threads for inspiration. Just knowing that so many people are going through the same feelings is amazing! Why did it take me 30 years to really learn that portion control and calorie deficit are necessary parts of my life?
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That your weight loss can be up setting to some friends

Especially my gym friends that spend more time at gym that I do.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    No one told me that just because I lost weight in every other body part, I would not lose weight (or not a significant amount) in my boobs and because of this, I've gone from a F cup at my heaviest to an H cup although I'm down almost 70 lbs. Not fair. I worry that if this trend continues, I'm going to have to find a place to get custom bras made. Where am I going to buy a 36 J bra??? If this continues, I'm going to look like a brunette Barbie doll.

I agree, seems like most people are upset to lose the weight in the boobs, I wish I did. I am currently a 34G...not the easiest size to find. The band size keeps gettting smaller, but the cup size stays the same.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    The scale isn't the only measure of progress

Patience is key

Change your mental outlook along with your physical

Most people will be supportive ..IGNORE the ones who aren't or seem to know everything
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    No one told me that just because I lost weight in every other body part, I would not lose weight (or not a significant amount) in my boobs and because of this, I've gone from a F cup at my heaviest to an H cup although I'm down almost 70 lbs. Not fair. I worry that if this trend continues, I'm going to have to find a place to get custom bras made. Where am I going to buy a 36 J bra??? If this continues, I'm going to look like a brunette Barbie doll.

I agree, seems like most people are upset to lose the weight in the boobs, I wish I did. I am currently a 34G...not the easiest size to find. The band size keeps gettting smaller, but the cup size stays the same.

Oh god, thirded. I do NOT want another reduction surgery. I took 50% off the first time, do NOT tell me I need em halved again! :grumble:
  • pajouey79
    pajouey79 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would be yelling at the tv at the local news when they run stories about the latest diet pills/crazes. YOU FOOLS!
  • BlueeyedKelly
    Options
    Following...
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Your feet are gonna get cold, like, literally.
    Ok, now that you mentioned that, I noticed it. Why is that?
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would be yelling at the tv at the local news when they run stories about the latest diet pills/crazes. YOU FOOLS!

I know right? Kistie Alley back to Jenny Craig, along with selling her products "Organic Liason" ...it just makes me crazy.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I've grown so weary of people asking how I lost weight that I make up harmless crap like "Eat less, Move More" which while won't hurt, is certainly the most unhelpful load of junk ever written.

Only someone I truly care about gets a straight answer, and that's going to be at least a 15 minute long conversation.

There was no simple easy trick (actually there was, but even mentioning the P word will get heads rolling around here), there was a long list of "tricks" I worked up to at the time I was personally ready to take each step.

And yes, people will be completely jealous to the point that it upsets them if you even mention anything weight loss related.

Weight is a very, very emotional issue, and women have a tendency to compare themselves to other women.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You guys are answering a lot of questions that I didn't think anyone else would post about! Especially the underwear thing... I've been dreading buying new clothes cuz of how much weight my gw is from my sw and cw
    I don't mind the underwear part (They're fairly cheap) But if you mean bras, yes I already need new ones and miy big boobs make my bras expensive. I''m not even a third of the way to my goal weight. Can't imagine having to buy new ones 2-3 times more. Clothes, I don't mind shopping a bit every season, I tend to do that anyway (love clothes.) You can get off with clothes that are a little baggy. Not bras. My boobs are falling out now. Not attractive
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I still move objects out of the way because I don't think I can fit between things, though I find I'm doing this less and less as time goes on.

I'm down about 60 pounds from my highest weight and still can't fit into some shirts because I haven't lost anything off my boobs which is extremely frustrating :grumble:
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I went from sweating all the time to being cold all the time.
    Plus, I forgot who I was, now I remember. Good feeling.

Awee, I love this. Good for you.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    4. Your bowel movements are going to go nuts when you try to replace your "unhealthy" diet with a bunch of raw veggies and other distress causing items.

5. Increased water intake makes you pee. A lot.

SOOOO This!! On the plus side, having to keep running upstairs to go to the bathroom is good exercise.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I actually like the taste of more vegetables than I thought I did.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is power, and the devil is in the details. If you don't know what you are putting in your mouth, how can you eat healthfully?

Guilt weighs far more than fat!

Don't procrastinate! Nothing will be easier tomorrow than it was today...except being lazier.

Healthy fats are your friend in conjunction with a good protein source! Carbs - the good, healthy kind fill in there, too! Junk in = junk out!
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Guilt weighs far more than fat!

This! I feel much worse about skipping a workout than I do about polishing off a donut. The calories I can fit in my day but the workout was needed to boost energy and self esteem.
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That slow progress is still progress. Keep going.