what mean/thoughtless comment has been said to you before?

Options
While you were obese/overweight? i can only image what people thought and said about me behind my back but one time my cousin's boyfriend commented on my facebook pic that it was time for me to lose some weight. this was last july. i posted a family pic of us in the bahamas. that was the exact reason why i never posted pics of myself before. i was so embarrassed that he left that comment. sigh...

Replies

• Pauline252mfp
    Pauline252mfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why didn't you delete the comment he left?
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was nothing said to me. But it was something that was done. Men just ignored me and would not hold the door for me. That hurt my feelings. Guess what? 2 men stopped their car and let me cross the road this past week! I was thrilled! Its the little things.:love::bigsmile: My a** is on fire!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    No one ever said anything to me when I was heavy. Now on the other hand . . .

Well, the point is you decide how you let people treat you. I've learned how to calmly confront people when they say something insulting. Usually people just don't think before they speak. I still don't like doing it, but at least I know I can.
  • bikinilinds
    bikinilinds Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My mother blurted out 'butterball' when I showed her a picture of me from a night out mini putting with some friends. Most embarrassing time ever.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    When I was only past 200#s [my biggest was beyond 300#s] I saw
    my first love, thinking beauty to him was in his heart .. I heard him
    ask 'Why did you let yourself go'? I eventually grew plus that next
    100!! How wrong was I about him!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I asked my husband if I was getting fat and he said yes.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

TO THE STAKE!!!
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    What a horrible thread. I prefer not to relive the ****ty things that have been said to me, or anyone else.

I'm out
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Someone close to me said that I looked like if you stuck a pin in me I would pop.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was nothing said to me. But it was something that was done. Men just ignored me and would not hold the door for me. That hurt my feelings. Guess what? 2 men stopped their car and let me cross the road this past week! I was thrilled! Its the little things.:love::bigsmile: My a** is on fire!

It's quite astonishing and pretty appalling that men were rude to the overweight 'you' and not to the slimmer 'you', but not in the least bit surprising to me anymore.

You only need to wander into the 'Chitchat' area of the forums to see how much value so many place on how we look. Take a snapshot of the posts on there and they will mostly be the same as they are now, from both men and women

Hot or not @ person above you part 19

Compliment the person above you part 46

Pass, hug, spank, marry, date pt 34

Rate the person above you part 46

Why did you dump the person above you part 12

I need me some Man Candy!

How do you like your boobs?

Would you grab the person above you?

It seems that ones value is defined by how hot you are, even to the point of you not even being worthy of common politeness and courtesy if you're not deemed as attractive. That's such a shame really
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I've had women poke me in the stomach and tell me that I'm fat. What matters is your reaction to that sort of thing. You can either take great offense and waste your time ranting, or you can laugh it off and poke back. The latter is much more productive and fun.
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    What a horrible thread. I prefer not to relive the ****ty things that have been said to me, or anyone else.

I'm out
    why comment then? your opinion of my thread was a tad bit rude.keep scrolling if you dont like the thread.
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Why didn't you delete the comment he left?
    i guess i left it on purpose so people could see what a thoughtless twit he was and proof of the wake up call i needed. i am not really mad at him as i was more upset with myself for abusing my body. i look forward to sharing my after photo with him most of all.
  • runningfastpumpingiron
    Options

You asked your husband a question and he answered honestly. I've never understood why women get so mad about this.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I was called fatboy by my family, roundboy by my friends, and "house" by my friends dads. My first crush told me I was too chubby (I was like 30lbs overweight), and various other instances.

It hurt then, but I give no ****s now.
  • Lkkiser3
    Lkkiser3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was at work as a cashier and needed to slide past this lady bc people were waiting at my register ( very small space, barely big enough for one person.) well I said excuse me 3 times and she just looked at me, so I went on to slide past her and as I did my bottom touched hers.. so she turned to me and said " damn you F-ing fat a-- , you in a hurry to get to that candy bar?" It was the worst moment of my life.. So many other customers, and associates heard her and it was really awkward.. never want to feel that way again..
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

You asked your husband a question and he answered honestly. I've never understood why women get so mad about this.

Honesty is never the proper answer. Women are far too hysterical to be told the truth
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

Just for education purposes; as you were overweight/obese (as per the OP), if he had noticed, what should he have said?

1) Yes, but you still look great
    2) Lied and said "No"
    3) Well you've possibly gained a few pounds
    4) Changed the subject
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Just for education purposes; as you were overweight/obese (as per the OP), if he had noticed, what should he have said?

1) Yes, but you still look great
    2) Lied and said "No"
    3) Well you've possibly gained a few pounds
    4) Changed the subject

Trick question. The answer is "5.) don't ask questions to which you don't want the answer"
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Do you really think you need to eat that? and sex was withheld