Foods you eat that others here probably wouldn't touch!!!

Options

Replies

• santiagojorgem
    Options
    I thought of this as I ate dinuguan today. So here are my two:

balut.jpg

BALUT- duck embryo

dinuguan.jpg

DINUGUAN-pork blood stew with intestine

i used to eat that a lot when i was in manila, also sissig and a good halo halo when it was hot out
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    You're right I definitely wouldn't eat that.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Kimchi.

Chicken feet.

Pork feet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    Kimchi.

Chicken feet.

Pork feet.
    Eaten all of those. Pork feet are good.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • PSMTD
    PSMTD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ok so mine isn't as nearly daring but pickles and peanut butter sandwich. It's the perfect mix of salty. The PB actually cancels out the pickle taste and you wind up with an extra salty crunchy bite.
    Either woodchuck noodle soup or liverwurst and miracle whip on white bread sandwich.

<3333 liverwurst
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Jelly and some sort of deli meat sandwich. Also, mayo and peanut butter sandwiches.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    balut.jpg
    ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807_zpsd8ae6345.gif
    You win.
  • shadowofyesterday
    shadowofyesterday Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have thick skin, so it takes alot to bother me. Some others might not take it that way. Just saying that if someone looked at you at your fattest and said "man that person is disgusting to be that fat" within ear shot, you probably wouldn't think that was okay. There is a such a thing as mutual respect.
    People who are okay with boiling animals alive aren't deserving of respect.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

That's a bit harsh. Never had lobster then?
  • shadowofyesterday
    Options

No. That's just as cruel. I'm very happy to be vegan. :)
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options

I'm happy your vegan as well. Humans are predators. Omnivorous at worst. Leaves more for those of us who don't deny our natures. :D

There a couple things I can think of that I'll eat alive. Is eating something alive worse than boiling it alive?

Conundrum.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

You're missing out. Next time I'm at Red Lobster picking which lobster I want boiled for my dinner, I'll think of you. :-)
  • shadowofyesterday
    Options
    It's hilarious how insecure people get when confronted with something that might make them question their morality. Resorting to immature taunts isn't going to make you a better person, but you can keep trying if it makes you feel better.

http://www.messyvegetariancook.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/4426157195_e11e9f2aed_b.jpg

Anyone want to play?
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    It's hilarious how insecure people get when confronted with something that might make them question their morality. Resorting to immature taunts isn't going to make you a better person, but you can keep trying if it makes you feel better.
    http://www.messyvegetariancook.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/4426157195_e11e9f2aed_b.jpg
    Anyone want to play?

Are you serious? Did you forget what you posted? Telling someone, a human being, that they aren't deserving of respect because of what they choose to eat is both immature and sad.
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Anyone want to play?

Too uptight! Relax okay?
  • amwbox
    Options

Anyone want to play?

The mistake your making is conflating your morality with other people's food choices.

Veganism is like a bizarre cult, full of brainwashed automatons seeking to "Spread the gospel" about their bizarre ideology. Morality doesn't factor into it at all, since as the entire food chain demonstrates, organisms eat each and its perfectly natural. There isn't anything even remotely immoral about it. That even extends to some particularly nasty tropic plants that visit a truly slow and awful death on the animals they prey on.

You are the defensive one, and you know it...because what you are espousing is an unnatural condition that the vast bulk of humanity wants nothing to do with. Just like Scientology.

Stop projecting your judgmental nonsense onto other people. If you want to be a vegan, great. Whatever floats your boat. But don't delude yourself into believing you have any sort of moral high ground...because you absolutely do not. Also just like Scientology.

Just eat your carrots and keep your negativity towards others to yourself.
  • shadowofyesterday
    Options
    Are you serious? Did you forget what you posted? Telling someone, a human being, that they aren't deserving of respect because of what they choose to eat is both immature and sad.

No. What's sad is taking pleasure in the torture and death of another sentient being.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

No. What's sad is taking pleasure in the torture and death of another sentient being.

Don't be a bigot.
  • amwbox
    Options

Uhh.. Not to embarrass you...but do you know what those words you just used actually mean?
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

Uhh.. Not to be embarrass you...but do you know what those words you just used actually mean?

I guess she needs to take a course in biology, assuming she knows what "sentient" means.