Foods you eat that others here probably wouldn't touch!!!

Options

Replies

• embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    This thread is a great appetite suppressant.

I SO agree!!!!! :sick:
  • MissNothing130
    Options
    I'm vegetarian so I eat really basic things, but my appetite is 100% gone after those pictures. I think that's me set for a good 24 hours...
    Sorry if you take this offensively but how can you eat something that has been boiled alive? [I googled that **** to find out what the hell it is exactly]. In my eyes, that's like eating an abortion/unborn baby. I really don't get it. Good for you that you can stomach that but no. I really can't figure this one out.
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I cant belive you have posted that crap!!

I know right! I'm sooo pissed I click this post.. UGH! I had a boiled egg for lunch... and I feel throwing it up :grumble:
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I like morcilla which is Spanish Blood Sausage... yum. I always knew I was a vampire. haha :devil:
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    My weird foods are so tame after reading everybody else's
    I love Rosehips, they are super high in vitamin C and Rhea
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    In Canada I eat Rabbit, oxtail and goat..... love it. In central america I eat ceviche and have even had raw tuna right after being caught. Unless it is liver I will probably eat it.
    Oxtail is da bomb!!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I thought of this as I ate dinuguan today. So here are my two:

balut.jpg

BALUT- duck embryo

dinuguan.jpg

DINUGUAN-pork blood stew with intestine

SERIOUSLY!!!
    Seriously good.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    No Bagoong? I used to eat it when I was a kid. I recently looked at the label on a jar at my parent's and my blood pressure shot up! Sodium hell, that one. I used to eat all of the traditional Filipino foods, but kinda grew away from it as I go older. Mmmm, Chocolate meat...
    Bagoong with tomatoes and mango!!!!!!!!! Come back to the Flip side!

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Okay here are my two. Stewed Cooter; its a big freshwater turtle and Hog Head Cheese. My Dad used to make both of these recipes when I was a child!
    Sounds good!

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Um...I didn't get sick, but I can't see ever eating anything like that.

Me either. I have a hard enough time eating a regular egg. I can't stop thinking baby chicken. {shiver}
    It's a duck.

IDEA Fitness member
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That duck embryo is not only disgusting but disturbing. I know it's a cultural thing, but THINK ABOUT IT...Which we should do with ALL the foods we eat...What it is, where it comes from, is it even real food? Reminds me of these good questions.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I'm vegetarian so I eat really basic things, but my appetite is 100% gone after those pictures. I think that's me set for a good 24 hours...
    Sorry if you take this offensively but how can you eat something that has been boiled alive? [I googled that **** to find out what the hell it is exactly]. In my eyes, that's like eating an abortion/unborn baby. I really don't get it. Good for you that you can stomach that but no. I really can't figure this one out.
    Because it ain't alive anymore. Cows were alive before being butchered and so are pigs..................which now makes me think of bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

IDEA Fitness member
  • brittsweat
    Options
    I just threw up
    I'm with you, who would eat this!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I just threw up
    I'm with you, who would eat this!!!!
    Me and lots of other Filipino people. Don't knock the culture.

IDEA Fitness member
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    That duck embryo is not only disgusting but disturbing. I know it's a cultural thing, but THINK ABOUT IT...Which we should do with ALL the foods we eat...What it is, where it comes from, is it even real food? Reminds me of these good questions.

How is it different than eating a duck egg, or a fully grown duck?
  • TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just stopped eating my cheez-its.

I think I just threw up my cheeze its from yesterday.....
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    I am kind of shocked at how rude people are being. Aren't we all adults here?

Seriously, who raised you to be so disrespectful towards another culture? It's what they eat, it's what they like. Lots of places eat "gross" things. What you consider normal is based on where you grew up and your culture. What you like to eat is based on where you grew up and what you were fed. Different places have different diets. Deal with it.

Being dramatic and saying "Omg, I just threw up and I lost my appetite" is so childish.

The title is "foods that you eat that others here probably wouldn't touch" is probably a HUGE hint that when you open up the thread it's going to be something that's "not normal".
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options

How is it different than eating a duck egg, or a fully grown duck?
    Well, personally, I don't eat ducks or their eggs so I don't really know how to answer your question..And that really wasn't the point anyway...
  • torkmdeg
    torkmdeg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    ...Seeing that first pic made me die a little.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Haha, WHAT THE ****?
    I just came on here to say that I regularly eat mustard packets like they're candy, but that's nothing compared to the OP