Foods you eat that others here probably wouldn't touch!!!

Options

Replies

• Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    blahhhhhhh!

ditto
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Raw lemon. I'll eat the whole thing in one sitting.

Haggis, blood pudding.

Oh and full fat versions of stuff. I don't do diet food.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    WOW I think you win this award!!!!
  • freezee2010
    freezee2010 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yea.... That's gross
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I'll spare everyone pictures. I grew up eating some lovely traditional food that might turn other people a little green. a few examples:
    fish ice cream (don't knock it. total comfort food)
    fermented seal flipper
    moose nose salad
    moosehead soup
    sauteed eels (divine!)
    maktuq (whale fat and skin together)

and there's many more on that theme. almost all are pretty high in calories and fat - we live in the arctic and subarctic, after all. need insulation! So I don't eat much of these anymore. I do miss them though!

Wow, incredible! I love this thread! Got my stomach not wanting to eat, yay! Nah just joking, but very interesting!
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hmmm ... I guess you're not a vegan then?

lmao!

I eat nutritional yeast on lots of stuff. Most people have never even heard of it.

6921816.png
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it (to my knowledge) but my grandmother LOVED dog (with red sauce) and I have to say, we share similar tastes...
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank-you. I was having a really hungry day today and you took care of that for me.:sick:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    No Bagoong? I used to eat it when I was a kid. I recently looked at the label on a jar at my parent's and my blood pressure shot up! Sodium hell, that one. I used to eat all of the traditional Filipino foods, but kinda grew away from it as I go older. Mmmm, Chocolate meat...
  • sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    leave the poor thing alone aaaaah baby
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Okay here are my two. Stewed Cooter; its a big freshwater turtle and Hog Head Cheese. My Dad used to make both of these recipes when I was a child!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    omg that's like eating a little baby......

That isn't *like* eating a baby, that is eating a baby.

I'm pretty accepting of other people's foods, in general, but I'm also a vegetarian and find meat kinda gross at this point.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast? Pressed tofu? Raw kale in smoothies? Chia-gel? (Okay, this does kinda resemble snot, I wouldn't recommend it straight.) My husband thinks daiya (rice-based fake-cheese) is disgusting. I guess somehow plant matter doesn't have the same "ew factor" that dead animals do.

Back when I ate meat I occasionally ate stuff like fish eggs and gum boots (kinda like abalone, but much smaller, with an articulated shell).
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Okay here are my two. Stewed Cooter; its a big freshwater turtle and Hog Head Cheese. My Dad used to make both of these recipes when I was a child!

Stewed cooter... I totally thought of "babymaker surprise" ... That said, the chocolate meat is such a creative lie. I don't care how Filipino I am. It's f*ckin' gross.
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Um...I didn't get sick, but I can't see ever eating anything like that.

Me either. I have a hard enough time eating a regular egg. I can't stop thinking baby chicken. {shiver}
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I grew up in South Bama near the Gulf of Mexico and have had lots of interesting foods people look at me funny for. Here are my weird ones.

Boiled Peanuts (yum!)
    Grits (cheese grits especially are great)
    Frog Legs (tastes like chicken lol)
    Fried rattlesnake (tastes a lot like catfish)
    Aligator Sausage (pretty much like regular sausage, and good)

And because I'm into the gourmet foodie thing I also like:

Tofu, tempeh, and etc (it's great if prepared right)
    Nutritional Yeast (on popcorn, baked veggies, toast etc)
    Bee Pollen (omg it's especially yummy sprinkled into a little vanilla ice cream)

Italians in New Orleans eat this stuff called "hogs head cheese" that does have hog's head meat in it. It looks like green and clear jello with bits floating in it. Totally gross looking, I could never bring myself to try it.

And my grandmother liked pork brains with eggs, said she grew up with that as a delicacy. I could never quite make myself try it either.
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I thought of this as I ate dinuguan today. So here are my two:

balut.jpg

BALUT- duck embryo

dinuguan.jpg

DINUGUAN-pork blood stew with intestine

Me ex used to eat that stuff and others too! Nasty!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Not nearly as unusual as some things on this thread but I grew up eating Chocolate Sauerkraut Cake.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That's rad! I used to love crickets. Cockroaches were good to.
    Now that I'm a vegan, I like to infuse my kikuchi with umiboshi. Can't get my family to touch it. I can't imagine why...

whats kikuchi?

i used to eat umiboshi all the time when i was a kid. just with rice though.
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I thought of this as I ate dinuguan today. So here are my two:

balut.jpg

BALUT- duck embryo

dinuguan.jpg

DINUGUAN-pork blood stew with intestine
    grew up eating that...love it...especially dinuguan with rice cake (puto)