Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen! :) As much of a book worm as I am, it's hard to believe that my literature classes in both high school and college were the hardest classes for me. I hate having to read on a schedule. You *have* to read this and ONLY this... Telling me I have to read 2 chapters, and no more, when I'm a fast reader and LOVE to finish a book in one sitting if I can (sitting for 4+ hours reading a 300+ page book while mindlessly snacking is a pretty big contributor to my being here!), telling me to stop at a certain point is just discouraging. It led to a lot of slacking off during scheduled reading and doing poorly on quizzes then reading the whole thing the night before the exam. "The Scarlet Letter" and "To Kill a Mockingbird" are my favorites from high school and "The Stone Diaries" and "The Metaphysical Touch" were my favorites from college. :)

And before I forget... My mileage goal for June is 75 miles, walking.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Finally got my veggies planted today....just as a thunderstorm was rolling in. The kids and I plant in containers on our patio. We were getting to our last couple containers when the rain started dropping and the wind started picking up. BOOM. FLASH. We got a little wet and we got inside fast. Didn't have to water anything tonight, anyway! :laugh:

I waited around all afternoon for the rain to let up so I could get a run in today, too. The rain wouldn't stop, so I went anyway and got wet again.

June Goal: 130 miles
    6/1: 2.52
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    June 1 mileage: 3.5
    Today wasn't stellar, but the pies are almost gone.
    I'm Kaye from Western Idaho, wife of nearly 49 years, mother of 7 with spouses, 14 grandchildren, and some steps and fosters. Life revolves around my family. I just had my 70th birthday and, thanks to MFP and my friends here on Robin's thread, I don't feel nearly as old as 70 sounds.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @amanda--good for you for running in the rain! I always feel like such a hardcore runner when I do that. :laugh:

@fera--I also can't stop reading after a chapter or 2, and I never tell my students they have to do so. I just let them know if they read ahead 1) no spoilers for the students who haven't read it yet, and 2) they still need to focus on the assigned chapters for any work or quizzes that follow. For my AP classes, they read a text outside of class on their own schedule by an assigned due date while we work on something in class together. The out of class text is usually a novel, and the in-class reading is usually a play or poetry. I'm so happy to hear you liked The Scarlet Letter! I teach that to my juniors, and though most of them like it, there are always a few who can't stand it b/c of the difficulty level.

AFM--I am now sad b/c the Hawks lost. :cry: Hockey season is officially over for me, and since I hate baseball, I only have the Tour de France to fill the void until football season begins. It's going to be a long wait until July 5th!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    May 1 3.70 miles
    May 2 4.48
    May 3 5.00
    May 4 5.01
    May 5 6.06
    May 6 5.18
    May 7 3.48
    May 8 4.83
    May 9 7.88
    May10 5.08
    May11 6.39
    May12 6.25
    May13 7.68
    May14 4.61
    May15 6.40
    May16 8.04
    May17 3.41
    May18 2.92
    May19 5.86
    May20 7.00
    May21 6.21
    May22 4.82
    May23 7.15
    May24 3.10
    May25 7.58
    May26 3.22
    May27 5.71
    May28 5.31
    May29 6.40
    May30 4.54
    May31 4.96

My May total is 166.57!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    WOW! Pix, amazing mileage. Good for you.
  • NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Just checking in with a quick "Hello". Have been keeping up my good eating habits, with some happy results. I am now shopping at the local op shops, as my regular clothes are lots too big, and I just cannot make do anymore. A good problem to have I know. Glad to read of your successes. Hope you are feeling well Robin. I too am a sci-fi and fantasy lover, books and tv. Nice to find people with common interests.
    Naomi xx
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Laurie, no mileage for the 31st, it was a rest day.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    It was a great weekend up until yesterday afternoon when a head cold hit me like a ton of bricks. Haven't had one of these in 3+ years. One of the perks of working from home is avoiding people who come to an office sick and spread it around. No exercise today since I can't breathe and I was up all night with a very annoying drippy nose.

Now that I'm consistently using Map My Walk, I'm going to report exact miles and just as a total for the month.

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

So far: 4.02 miles
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

531_zpsef6f7132.jpg

I am going to try for 90 miles in June that is 3 miles a day. That is all my fitbit miles so it is every step I take.

Laurie- I'll look for some awards images.

Amy bought me a new toy
    780e6cd4-98c1-44dd-9a77-3801de1cc0a0_zpsec284939.jpg

smoker_zps86cbebcf.jpg
    I smoked some chicken, beef tri tip, and pork butt. I made some rubs for them, one was good the others were a bit spicy (I like spicy but Amy is not a big fan). I used some Hungarian paprika that we had two cans of. The front side of the cans were identical but on the back one was sweet and the other was hot. I used the hot. Next time I’ll use sweet. The chicken was cooked perfectly but had too much of the spicy rub. The tri tip had a great rub but I left it in a little too long. It still was moist but I like mine a little rarer. The pork was the best.

National Leave the Office Early Day - June 2 unless that day is on a weekend - It is on June 2, 2014

“If you’re coasting, you’re either losing momentum or else you’re headed downhill.” ~Joan Welsh

Tom
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

We did a fantastic job with May miles!

Laurie~I love kayaking!

Karen~You’ve had a lot of parties to attend recently, sounds like fun times. I know you’re counting down the days to your vacation—I’m so excited for you!

Amanda~Good for you for running in the rain, that is dedication!

Tom~Yum!

Mileage goal for June is 110 miles.

6/1/14 = 2.25mi

I hope I can keep that goal, went to orthoped this morning and need surgery on my thumb—the ligament is torn plus the joint is displaced, the only way to repair is thru surgery unfortunately. :sad: It’s being scheduled for next week. So not on my list of things I want to do, has to be done sooner rather than later so displacement doesn’t worsen.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Laurie -- Sorry, didn't get on here while on vacation like I wanted to. As I said before, my Fitbit was out of battery and I am still sore. Can you please put me down for 1 mile on the remaining days of May. I think that would be a fairly accurate account.

Thanks!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    My June 1 mileage was 3.5 :)

Also, Tom, with that shiny new smoker... you're inviting us all over for dinner soon, right? ;)
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Wow, can't believe it's June already! I had vacation and back/neck issues to end the month of May, but for the most part am feeling better now (I can move my head and bend over :glasses: ). I'm going to get with my chiropractor this week to see if I can't get back to 100%.

I started with June 1st and am current on your posts, not sure I'll get back to the last week of May, but at least I'm current and going forward. A few personals and then I probably should get back to work. :laugh:

@Tammy...Zeus will be okay and you are right, it's the responsible thing to do. Yay on having a great surprise!!! Enjoy your hubby's time at home.

@Karen...love those relaxing nights with friends...helps us recharge. I'm also doing that ab challenge. I was hoping it would come with a daily reminder, but it doesn't :grumble: so I guess I'll just have to remember myself.

@Jenn...sorry to hear about your Mom's house...yuck!

@Amanda...Getting more sleep is a huge thing. I can tell that May was bad for that for me and I can feel it. We can work on an earlier bedtime together. :tongue:

@Fera...you made me laugh about holding your tongue. Very much true. Good luck on the call and I hope you have answers very soon.

@Naomi...not sure what OP shops are but sounds like smaller sizes...good for you!!

@L2T...no colds for that long??? My kids make sure I catch plenty. My mom will remind me that my whole life has been a series of catching anything that is going around, but I like to blame my kids.. :smooched:

@Tom...looks like you'll have fun with your smoker.

@Kelley...yikes on the thumb. I knew it wasn't working right for you but man...surgery. Great start to the summer huh?

AFM: I started VBS last night. I'm in charge of the Missions project. Our collections will be forwarded to Rebuilding Together which builds/fixes houses for the elderly and poor. Last night the kids built and decorated simple birdhouses for the people with the new homes to use in their new homes. It's the first year I've "worked" VBS so it's interesting. I did find that the most challenging group was the 9-11 years -- two reasons: Smell (some kids need their parents to teach them about deoderant and patience. They didn't have any. HA! Overall it was a wonderful night and it goes from 6-8 tonight through Wednesday.

On Wednesday, my in-laws will be in town through Saturday. I had some great things planned and now it looks like it's going to be raining so I'll have to figure out some back up plans. Wandering around the fort/indian village won't work if it's raining.

Because of my schedule this week, I don't have anything formal planned by way of exercise, but I will be on my feet more than normal the whole week, so it should all even out.

My fitbit wasn't charged until today, so I don't have my mileage for yesterday. However, today will be similar to yesterday so I should have a rough idea by tomorrow.

Oy! Look what happens when you are gone so long!!!

SundayShare: I'm Tracy. 41 years old and live in Bismarck. I have been married to my husband for 18 years and have two kids. They both have birthdays this month so they will be 13 and 8. I work from home and wish I didn't (miss the social aspect) but it'll all work out. Looking forward to moving into a home at the end of July where I will have an actual office so I'm hoping that will help too. I have been overweight my entire adult life so like many of you have been on various diets -- successful and then it all comes back on. I started this truly in January 2013 and lost 25 pounds pretty quickly. The last 5 keep coming and going so I'm hoping I can find just the right balance. I just keep plugging away and now know that I don't have to wait for a Monday to start. :love:

Monday Check In: Not great, not bad. Need to get back into drinking my water. I'm terrible on vacations and get all puffy. When will I ever learn???? :angry:

Have a great Monday!!!
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This looks like a great thread to participate in, mind if I join? I don't have much time to post to much about myself right at the moment but didn't want to just type "bump" to keep from loosing track of you all.

Thx.
    Evangeline
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to go to St Simeons Island with my daughter and her husband today for the week, but I cancelled at the last minute. She still wants me to go down but I feel I need to get caught up with things at home that I have been neglecting for weeks and I just returned from a 12 days trip to Alaska & Canada.

Yesterday was wonderful. Had cookout birthday party for my grandson and he was totally surprised. All my family was over, sun was shining, nice breeze was blowing. I asked my husband not to attend since he insists I not tell anyone we are getting divorced until he moves out (which looks like end of July) and I am not very good at deception. I didn't realize until yesterday how much I had pulled away from my family because my husband always discouraged me from having them over. It was always so stressful as he complained about the effort and the cost. He tried that this time but I politely told him that this was my decision and he needed to mind his own business.

My grandson invited me to beach with them July 4 and I plan to go. Hoping to get lots done this week at home and start back on water aerobics. Foot is hurting very bad. PT taped it and it wasn't correct and I didn't get enough support to stop the pain. I am going back for weigh in on Wednesay and getting back on plan this week. Have decided not to go to work until summer is over and I am emotionally stronger. I want to focus on my family, my weight, my health and my business.

RobinB0812 You are wise to keep the same goal. Glad you are losing

jtconst (tammy). Tammy thanks for sharing. I know when I go on an eating plan that eliminates most gluten, my pain gets much better plus I dont have GERD. I've learned that what I eat has a direct impact on how I feel. Now I just need to discipline myself enough to make proper choices
    Regarding Zeus, he will be better off. They anethesize them before the procedure

Damensha Good for you. I am a Southern girl too
    mzfrizz15 - Good for you for not buying into "We cant help our size mentality. Sounds like you are looking to break out of that shell, like a beautiful butterfly. My thoughts are with you and your sucess. One day at a time does t

Laurie K - I am sidelined with a broken foot so dont have any miles but am starting back to water aerobics this week
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Morning, beautiful people!

Would it still be possible to get in on the June walking challenge?

I don't want to make it too crazy unrealistic for me, I'm still trying to get motivated to move again.

I'm thinking 1.5 miles per day... so 45 miles total for June?

Mr. Mow is healing, we have a follow up appointment today. I found a lump on his side yesterday so I want to make sure it's not something scary (hopefully just hematoma leftover from the dog fight).

My eating has been serious suckfest for months. I've updated my ticker, my goals, and preplanned my food for this week. Back to the grindstone. The sugar withdrawl is going to be extreme... and severe.
  • samanthannepstein
    samanthannepstein Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I could really use some supportive, motivational people to befriend me on here. I have been on MFP for awhile now, and I think the key ingredient I am missing to my weightloss is someone who is going through the same thing as me. I would appreciate any adds. PleasE?
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    Monday Check-In. I'm good as long as I don't count Sundays it seems. For some reason that's the graze all day while cleaning the house time. It rained all day so it's not like I could really go outside. So I went and made some signs to put on my fridge, basically telling me that I'm not hungry, but bored and to just drink water. I think part of the Sunday deal is that I don't take my medication on that day so it's just much different for hunger. On Saturdays it's not a big deal because I'm always going and doing something (like this Sat where we worked from 8am-4pm on the barn framing out the tack/feed room and sawing lumber for it), but Sundays are my stay at home and get crap done days...

I want to join the mileage thing, but I'm only going to push for 50 miles or so. I don't have a pedometer or a fitbit so I'm going to just go with what I manage to do at the gym on a machine. I usually row 1 mile when I go and then I do 2.5 miles on the elliptical in my 50 minute workout. So that gives me a bit of wiggle room for the days I have to work through lunch and busy days where I can't make the gym.

Hopefully this week I'll see a loss. I logged all of last week except Sunday. So I need to start pushing myself to log Sundays too and to cut out the grazing all day thing. Especially when it involves milk shakes.
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    And a bad temptation is back in my life. A friend has moved back in with me and my husband who's a big foodie like me with a sweet tooth too. Soooooo.... I need to resist the temptation of eating with her and the habits.