OK Ladies...Be HONEST!!

Options

Replies

• rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but this is completely dependent on the person. Opinions on what's comfortable are not universal.

GO GIANTS!!!
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. I do get that. I just wasn't expecting this type of forum.

Dude, you posted a thread asking how much is it ok to ogle women in the gym.

Don't blame this place for the responses you got. Honestly you got off lucky. People were very kind.

I in no way asked for permission to ogle women in the gym. I just asked their feelings. I'm not blaming anyone, I just thought this would be a quick, easy and possibly funny post. Someone got people up in arms and the majority of the dicussion became about rape culture.

Can you stop with the "over-sensitive", "PC", "up in arms" bulls*it? It's really starting to piss me off. I've been a kitten in this thread so far. Instead of dismissing opinions in a demeaning way, how about you acknowledge their points and simply disagree with them?

I shall leave it at this. I will agree to disagree with some (not all) of what you are saying. Weather you agree or disagree with me is fine and your opinion is valued and heard. I'm just not going to travel the same road you are on. Enjoy your life in any way you choose to live it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I don't care what you do, just don't interrupt me. Chances are I'm not even paying attention.

^ This! However, don't stare like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time between women's legs when they are on the hip abductor/adductor machine. That is beyond creepy.

I'm a gentleman. I just snap a quick photo and move on.

See? This guy gets it! :laugh:
  • Hophead43
    Options
    I'm sorry, but this is completely dependent on the person. Opinions on what's comfortable are not universal.

GO GIANTS!!!

Sorry Bro...gotta Booo you on that one!! Since those damn Giants took my Pats out in 2 Superbowls!! :sad:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

I shall leave it at this. I will agree to disagree with some (not all) of what you are saying. Weather you agree or disagree with me is fine and your opinion is valued and heard. I'm just not going to travel the same road you are on. Enjoy your life in any way you choose to live it.

I really, genuinely appreciate that. Thank you.
  • Hophead43
    Options
    Your welcome... and good luck with your fitness goal.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I just find the treadmill behind this, get on, and chase.......

262b7l5.gif

I prefer men but even I would check that out :laugh:

Straight girls can appreciate a nice butt, too, ya know

One word: JEALOUS!!!!

Yeah that's certainly a backside to strive for :love:

^THIS^

That's interesting....I saw a documentary about how peoples gaits change deending on who is looking at them. I'm sure if she was just walking down the corridor to the laundry room in her building, she wouldn;t walk like that.

But, she looks good, that's the truth.

Ain't nothin wrong with working the treadmill...:laugh: And glad you ladies agree!

There must be something wrong with me...walking around in a gym doesn't warrant a change of gait. It takes extra time to strut, and I need to get the squat rack before the guy wearing his circulation-cutting under armor shirt gets to it.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Maybe men should be more discreet like the women.

I think this is basically what most of the women are saying. A glance here and there, a look and a smile, a nod, fine. Five glances, smiles and nods? Creepy. Leering? Extra creepy. Standing by us while we squat and leering and smiling? Bordering on harassment now.

Yes, (some) women look too. Just like (some) men don't.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Getting off fitness gear, why is it women can wear skirts to the office but men can't wear shorts? Is it more professional to see a woman's legs than a man's?

Probably because it used to be required that women wear skirts in most workplaces and it's just one of those commonly accepted things now.

Interesting point you make.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yep, it bothers me quite a bit. I turn up in an enormous t-shirt most of the time so it shouldn't happen, really. (ETA: not that I feel I 'should' have to wear baggy clothing just to avoid unpleasant comments or attention. Especially since large cotton tshirts aren't especially comfortable in my poorly ventilated gym).
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Getting off fitness gear, why is it women can wear skirts to the office but men can't wear shorts? Is it more professional to see a woman's legs than a man's?
    Well, women aren't allowed shorts either. And I'm sure they'd make an exception for kilts for men. Because, kilts.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. I do get that. I just wasn't expecting this type of forum.

Dude, you posted a thread asking how much is it ok to ogle women in the gym.

Don't blame this place for the responses you got. Honestly you got off lucky. People were very kind.

I in no way asked for permission to ogle women in the gym. I just asked their feelings. I'm not blaming anyone, I just thought this would be a quick, easy and possibly funny post. Someone got people up in arms and the majority of the dicussion became about rape culture.

Ha ha ha. Yep. We could all state our opinions and laugh at women who wear what we consider "sexy" clothes and then state that they don't want to be ogled (the PC slores). Because it shows appreciation for the feminine form.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    This has never before been asked on a forum. Especially MFP.

In to learn what women want so I can choose my actions accordingly!

I'm going to look anyway. COMEATME.

Am I the only one who read that as "come eat me"?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The subject was discussed and probably brought light to some. Don't think everyone on here will change the way they think.
    But some may think the next time they're in the gym about staring, and lewd comments being made. Don't think that the ones that were brought up in an environment where women are treated this way will change. Even though it got a little heated, it was good that it was brought up. Everyone have a nice day.

It would be nice, if you see a guy be nasty - to do something. Ask the woman if she's ok or make eye contact with the guy and let him know that it's not right or something.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

As the person who started this post....This is for sure not where I thought this would go. I was not inquiring about rape culture! But I guess in the overly sensitive world in which we now live I should have saw this coming.

Of course not. You most likely don't really know what "rape culture" is. You are assuming it's just people being "overly sensitive". Have you read this yet? Really. Read it. It's written by a man.

https://medium.com/human-parts/a-gentlemens-guide-to-rape-culture-7fc86c50dc4c

Some highlights:
    I don’t know about you, but I don’t spend much of my life feeling vulnerable. I’ve come to learn that women spend most of their social lives with ever-present, unavoidable feelings of vulnerability. Stop and think about that. Imagine always feeling like you could be at risk, like you were living with glass skin.

I rarely ever fear for my safety. Many men know exactly what I mean. Most women have no idea what that feels like — to go wherever you want in the world, at any time of day or night, and feel you won’t have a problem. In fact, many women have the exact opposite experience.

A woman must consider where she is going, what time of day it is, what time she will arrive at her destination and what time she will leave her destination, what day of the week is it, if she will be left alone at any point … the considerations go on and on because they are far more numerous than you or I can imagine. Honestly, I can’t conceive of having to think that much about what I need to do to protect myself at any given moment in my life. I relish the freedom of getting up and going, day or night, rain or shine, Westside or downtown. As men we can enjoy this particular extreme luxury of movement and freedom of choice. In order to understand rape culture, remember this is a freedom that at least half the population doesn’t enjoy.

I'll pass on reading it. I have no issues in my life with how I treat women. I have pretty much always been considerate of anyones feelings. ( man or woman) When I started this post .... rape culture had nothing at all to do with it.

It's nice that you have the power to decide when and if rape culture has an impact on what you chose to say and do. I can't tell somebody that I got up early to run without rape culture having an impact on the conversation. And it's not the women who are most likely to bring my safety into question.

There's a word for that gap, you know.

OMG I LOVE YOU.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Listen, if ya'll didn't wanna be checked out by me, you wouldn't have gotten out of the house, or opened the window shades.

Shazam.
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Maybe men should be more discreet like the women.

I think this is basically what most of the women are saying. A glance here and there, a look and a smile, a nod, fine. Five glances, smiles and nods? Creepy. Leering? Extra creepy. Standing by us while we squat and leering and smiling? Bordering on harassment now.

Yes, (some) women look too. Just like (some) men don't.

Yup. Ditto.

And to be honest, the likelihood of a girl noticing you look at her is minimal if you employ the 3-second rule. A glance doesn't even register and wouldn't warrant a thread with 15 pages of responses. We are talking about more than a glance here.

If I notice a dude has been looking at me, it's pretty likely he's been looking for too long.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

Probably because it used to be required that women wear skirts in most workplaces and it's just one of those commonly accepted things now.

Interesting point you make.

This is kind of what I was driving at before, perhaps poorly. There's a subtle sexualized component to lots of commonly accepted practices. They're so integrated at this point we don't even question them. I'm sure this is true for workout clothes as much as it is office attire.

I thought maybe that's where you were going, but didn't want to assume anything about your motives. I agree with you.