I challenge you to lose 5 Pounds This Month January 2011

Options

Replies

• shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    MRSA is an antibiotic-resistant staph infection. I most likely got it from the hospital when my mom was there. Now, I am on some pretty heavy duty antibiotics that are tearing up my stomach. I've been sick for a month. :sick: :sad:

Yesterday, I had a belated birthday lunch at olive garden and I did not plan ahead. Then I made a delicious broccoli cheese soup for dinner. It wasn't too bad calorie wise but I am puffy from the sodium. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Today, I got up and walked on the treadmill for an hour. That felt good! I can tell I've lost muscle and endurance. It's time for a u-turn. I need to make some new goals, too. I'll have to think about this one.

Well, I'm off to get my baby girl out of bed. Maybe shoe shopping later :bigsmile:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone : )

Bru Im sorry that your 5k wasn't everything you hoped it would be. They definately should have been more clear on the flyer. I hope you kill at the the next one in march! : )

Alioth thats a great price for your scale I got mine at walmart for 45 dollars and I will be willing to bet we have the same one. with the glass top and all that. but either way I love my scale

Shelli That really sucks im sorry But you are a real inspiration for going through all of this and sticking with your goals and your journey and for sticking with your MFP Family. Your doing great and I hope you get better soon.

Darlis so glad your getting the hang of this weight loss thing : ) great job.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Tina, your YMCA has a scale that prints?? Whoa.

Congrats, Katmarsc and Darlis!

Shelli, sorry you've been so sick. One of my friends got MRSA twice from her hospital when she had back surgery. It took her months of treatment on and off to finally get rid of it. Hope you feel all the way better soon! It's great that you're walking.

55tolose, Probably is the same one. It might have been marked down because it was the only one like it, and someone had already opened it and raccooned the box. I'm willing to bet whoever bought it last time got mad trying to program it and returned the scale. :laugh:

I'm debating joining the YMCA or the Virginia Beach Rec centers. There are a lot of pros and cons to weigh.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Shelley--- Hope you kick that MRSA soon!! I think I have heard that something like 90% of MRSA comes from hospitals so I bet that's exactly where you got it.

Alioth--- That scale sounds awesome!! Can it be programmed for more than 1 person? I think I might get me one! Also, I noticed that you are at 142 now. Last time I was here, you and I were around the same weight and struggling to get out of the 150's. WAY TO GO!!!! You are definitely kicking my butt, as I am back up to 155. I hope I catch you soon!

Bru--- Sorry about your 5k. I would be ticked about the t-shirt too, but at least you'll get one in March!
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    nervous about weighing in tomorrow morning, but its a good nervous. I haven't weighed myself for 2 days just to build some excitement!! (I'm an obsessive weigher). we shall see soon enough ;-)
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    155 today! Down two pounds this week:) That doesn't happen very often.
  • ababygrace
    Options
    SW- 163
    January 10- 161

Down 2 lbs, 3 more to go this month. I think I can do it and it's not coming back.
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well! I'm actually excited to weigh myself on Wednesday, although I don't think the scale will move too much. I can't complain after a 6lbs weight loss in my first week though!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning all...off to the YMCA for 5k training....my mom is coming along for her workout...love when we go together....had a busy weekend ready for Monday slow down......leaving Friday for the weekend to an indoor waterpark trip, should be fun and exhausting but I am taking my workout clothes with me, ? we'll see if they ge used......have a GREAT day all!!:flowerforyou:
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    Ok, here is my official weigh in for week 1:

SW 199
    CW 194 !!!! I lost 5 lbs this week :)

I'm going to adjust my goal a little to still be 1 lb a week, so my loss will be hopefully be 8 lbs in January! BUT i will be happy if I don't lose (or gain any back) since I already met my original goal.

New GW for January is 191 !!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. My butt and back are sore from sitting on bleachers all weekend but I will survive.

Todays Myth

LOW-FAT FOODS AR A HEALTHY CHOICE

The truth

Ironically, eating low-fat foods has helped make the nation look more like the Pillsbury Doughboy. Reason being, a low-fat or reduced-fat item may have nearly as many calories as a higher-fat version because ingredients like sugar often replace the fat to make the product taste better. Plus low-fat foods can still contain unhealthy saturated or trans fats-both which may increase your risk of heart of disease.

What's more, a Journal of Marketing Research study determined that people ate 28% more chocolate candies if the treats were portrayed as "low-fat'; rather than "regular" The researchers concluded that low-fat labels (like those on cookies and fruit flavored yogurt) cause people to underestimate calorie consumption, increase the amount we eat, and temper the guilt of polishing off a box of reduced-fat Oreos. Some people see the term "fat-free" and use it as a green light to eat as much of it as they want to. This leads to overconsuming calories. And that, no surprise, leads to weight gain!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Terri
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    First weigh-in for 2011....

Jan 1 - 187
    Jan 10 - 184.4

Loss of 2.6 so far. Not off to a booming start for the year but I'll take it. It was harder than I thought to get back in the groove after the holidays but I got it now.

On another note... IT'S SNOWING HERE (Charlotte NC) !!!! Office is closed so it's a snow day for me. I'll be shoveling snow for my exercise today.

Happy Monday everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was sick from tuesday night until basically yesterday. I feel better now though. However, I didn't exercise at all during that time, of course, and ate lots of saltines, pretzels, etc. So no loss for me this week. Still at 126.6.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Jan 1st: 173.6
    Jan 3rd: 171.4
    Jan 10th: 171 :ohwell:
    Jan 17th
    Jan 24th
    Jan 31st [goal of 168.6]

It's TOM this week, so I'm okay with that number. My body definitely does NOT want to go below the 170 barrier. Hopefully next week I can show it's who's boss! lol
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    1/3: 178.5
    1/10: 175.5

Woohoo!!! I'm so excited!!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    On my way!

Jan 3rd - 137.2 lbs
    Jan 10th - 135.6
    Jan 17th
    Jan 24th
    Jan 31st
  • mroberts0918
    mroberts0918 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Jan 3 - 182

Jan 10 - 177 - when i stepped on the scale this morning I couldn't believe it! I weighed in midweek at 179 (which really excited me too!) - then took a few days off without checking the scale and viola! :)
  • MaeG2BFit
    Options
    January is moving by so slowly. There's nothing new to watch. :yawn:

Jan 3 - 155
    Jan 6 - 152
    Jan 10 - 151.5
    Jan 17
    Jan 24
    Jan 31
    Feb 7
    Feb 14
  • Sugar_Apple