June Starters (2009)

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Well I did not weigh this week. I will next Friday (Christmas Eve- can you believe it?) and the following Friday (New Year's Eve-WOW, where did that year go?), the Friday after that I leave on my vacation, I will probably weigh in the day I leave but then avoid the scale for a week or so after I get back :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At this point I am hoping to be 140 (or less) the day I leave, guess we will see what I can do.

Hope you are doing okay this week Steph, I know weight is probably the last thing on your mind. Here's to brighter days.
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    I'm doing ok. It hasn't really hit yet. Life has gone on like normal and if I stop to think about it too long it hurts so I don't stop. I have monday off so hopefully I can greive through the weekend and come out on the other side...

I did weigh in- Down to 128.7. I'm super shocked. I've been eating terrible absolutly terrible. I only logged one day and was over by 1000 cals so I KNOW I was over the other days because I've had cookies and candy. :noway: I could get used to that diet. :wink:

Work gave us a christmas bonus for the first time in 3 years! :love: I'm getting a new washer.
  • thirtyby40
    Congrats on the bonus, good to see your hard work being rewarded.
  • busymom74
    Great news- Al's brother is giving us their washer and dryer which means my bonus went to a new phone and then savings for when we get a new car/ truck after taxes. WHOOO.
  • thirtyby40
    That is awesome!! New (used) washer/Dryer and new wheels in spring, sounds great.

I think I am looking forward to weighing this Friday, the scale has been kind lately. However I have a big dinner planned tonight, pizza planned for tomorrow (because my daughter requested that for her sleepover) and my daughters birthday family dinner the next night. Guess I better plan something other than pizza for myself tomorrow if I don't want to be whining Friday!
  • busymom74
    :laugh: I set my calories to maintain through the holidays though I'd be happy maintaining this froever! :bigsmile: I'm really only 4 lbs away from my goal but I passed my initial goal of 130 and have pretty much been maintaining that.
  • thirtyby40
    Good for you. I broke into the 130's this week, hoping to still be there by Friday!:laugh:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Sorry ... life has been so hectic that I haven't been here much ... but I wanted to send out my best wishes to you all ...
    merry-christmas.jpg
  • thirtyby40
    Lw 140.4 Cw 139.8 Its not much but I will take it. I wontange my ticker thoUGH cause I have a feeling I will be headed in the other direction next week and it will be a slower climb if I don't. :laugh: :laugh:

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • thirtyby40
    Well I know I don't weigh until Friday but I looked today (through my fingers I was so scared) up to 142.2 I think with a lot of water and some healthy food the next couple of days I can get back down to 140.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Anyone planning anything for New Years??
  • busymom74
    I haven't even thought about weighing lol I've been so bad!

Me and my Spin buddies are going to start spin again next monday. It's going to be PACKED but we're going to try and muscle our way in. :laugh: :laugh:
  • thirtyby40
    Happy New Year!! I am looking forward to a fresh start this year. I weighed this morning because I never got on to post Friday (when the damage was still minimal) well it all showed up this morning. Up to 144.8 that is up 5 pounds from the weigh in before Christmas. We leave Friday on vacation and I imagine I will gain even more :grumble: Hopefully my vacation will give me the energy I need when I get back to get up and get moving. I have just decided it doesn't matter how tired I am I have to do it.

I went through my drawers last night and got rid of everything even remotely big so I don't have any comfy clothes to fit into. I refuse to buy anything bigger than I wear now 6-8 so I will do or go naked I guess :noway: now that is a scary thought.
  • busymom74
    You have still done SOO well Momto!!!!!!!! 47 lbs is a HUGE accomplishment!
  • thirtyby40
    Well I am weighing today because we leave tomorrow early and I will too busy. Back down to 142.8, guess we will see what that number is in a week and a half when I get back. I wont weigh until the following Friday because I know alot will be water weight.

Have a great week everyone.
  • busymom74
    I need to weigh in. Maybe seeing the gain will jolt me back into it. I just can't get motivated. :grumble:
  • magglett
    Hi everyone. Hope you're all doing well in this brand new year. December was a bust for my healthquest ... went right out the window. I've been doing much better this week for the most part but I find that my challenge is in the evenings, I find myself getting hungry ... and the hungry/sleepy combination isn't good. I'm heading back to the gym after a bit of a break from it ... that should keep me occupied. Have a great day.
    aerobics-aerobics-gym-exercise-smiley-emoticon-000248-large.gif
  • busymom74
    I hate the cold. I'm so cold I refuse to go to the gym and change in the cold. I hate it. I even tried wearing my workout clothes under my clothes but the very thought of stripping down to my gym clothes made me shiver. :huh: :laugh: I need to get over it!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • busymom74
    I signed me and El up for swim lessons!!!!!! :bigsmile: On Sundays from 5:30-6:00 I think. I'm so excited! She's gonna LOVE it! I missed registration by like 2 freaking weeks but they had an opening. :love: I'm soooooo excited.

We're going iceskating tonight with Al's mom and sister and our neices who I miss SOOO bad! I can't wait!! We haven't told El about iceskating or swimming. lol I can't wait to see her face! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I weighed in but I just can't log it. I just can't!!! :sad: :sad: Up 5.3 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! That's 134!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: Yep- thats the jolt I needed to get back on track!!!!!!!!!
  • magglett
    Happy Weekend Everyone: I won't get to the gym today ... I'll pop in my Zumba DVD at some point today to get my daily exercise done ... it will take up less time then heading out ... I have a ton of housework to do and Christmas decorations to take down and laundry to do ... man ... might be less strenuous if I go to the gym :laugh:
    have_a_great_weekend-2038.gif
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Hey ladies...I'm back after a long hiatus! Looking to lose those last few pounds :grumble: that I gained over the holidays. I missed you girls, hope all is well with you. Here's an update for you:

I'm well into my 3rd year of med school now and am currently on Internal Medicine, which I love! I have decided between internal medicine and family practice as what I will eventually do with my life. I have been dating my bf Tyler for almost 7 months now, and we are happy. My best friend just recently got engaged, and I'm her maid of honor :) I actually get to go dress shopping with her today. I have been going to the gym this week and eating way better. It's like you get a man and try to eat like him...just doesn't work! I have started to cook and eat like I used to. Don't know why I ever got away from it, it's so much healthier the way that I am doing it, and it still leaves room for indulgences. Anyway, glad to be back!!!

Oh and here's some more important stats....

SW: 147 :noway:
    CW: 144.5
    GW: 135 and increased fitness/defined muscles!
  • busymom74
    Glad to see your back Courtney! (Not glad you gained to come back- but glad you are back. lol)

I went iceskating Friday, nothing at all on Saturday- Cleaned house and took El to swim class yesterday- spin today! HURRAY! Off to a great start after failing miserably last week.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Hi Ladies!

Wow glad to see you guys still going strong! I'm back this new year with a little more junk in the trunk then should be there. I'm back to the half way point but it's better to be back now then to be back to starting weight!!! I skimmed through some of the thread.

Shanna - Congrats on the wedding

BusyMom - Your amazing, doing great!

Courtney - Congrats on the BF & Med school going so well

Momto - How was vacation? Your doing great!

Magglett - Good to see you are still here!

Candyjo - Are you still here?

Anyways...here's the bad news

SW (Jan 4th) - 152.4
    CW (Jan 10th) - 151.0
    GW 130-135
  • busymom74
    YAY! Glad to see you mama!! I haven't done the ss in a while since it was really only 3 of us. Maybe if more of our June starters come back I can start doing it again!
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    I'm back too after taking most of 2010 off. That was a bad idea LOL. I started in 09 with y'all.
    Hey Courtney , I work at Penn State Hershey Medical Center with the Internal Med residency program! Good Luck with your 3rd year clerkship in Medicine.

Hey ladies...I'm back after a long hiatus! Looking to lose those last few pounds :grumble: that I gained over the holidays. I missed you girls, hope all is well with you. Here's an update for you:

I'm well into my 3rd year of med school now and am currently on Internal Medicine, which I love! I have decided between internal medicine and family practice as what I will eventually do with my life. I have been dating my bf Tyler for almost 7 months now, and we are happy. My best friend just recently got engaged, and I'm her maid of honor :) I actually get to go dress shopping with her today. I have been going to the gym this week and eating way better. It's like you get a man and try to eat like him...just doesn't work! I have started to cook and eat like I used to. Don't know why I ever got away from it, it's so much healthier the way that I am doing it, and it still leaves room for indulgences. Anyway, glad to be back!!!

Oh and here's some more important stats....

SW: 147 :noway:
    CW: 144.5
    GW: 135 and increased fitness/defined muscles!
  • Mamakatspokane
    HI Glandis!!! Welcome back!
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    You can call me Gretchen:happy:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Welcome back Gretchen.....now if I can only get my memory to remember!!!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Finally broke my plateau somehow! Now at 141.5 and got my husband on the South Beach Diet with me :D
  • busymom74
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job Yolie!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Yolie - GREAT JOB on breaking that plateau!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.