Phrases or sayings that really irk me!!!!

Options

Replies

• marniehodges
    Options
    "To bad she's so big...she has such a pretty face". So rude. :angry:

"Muscle weighs more that fat". Isn't a pound a pound?? :huh:

"I'm going to start my diet on Monday". Are you prejudice against the other day's of the week? :tongue:
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    '' I know...RIGHT'' makes me mad!!

I know right! its so annoying!
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Great thread.

1) Take it to the next level.
    2) He/She is in a better place.
    3) Do what you gotta do.
    4) I am not fat I am big boned.

Oh my goodness! "Take it to the next level" We watched American Idol last season and Kara Diaguargi (sp?) Said that or a variation to every contestant!! She probably said it 5 or 6 times a show. "You really need to take it to another level" It really could have been a drinking game.
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    "You know what I mean " repeated after every sentance m akes me want to clobber the speaker or at least stick a band aid over their mouth
    "Ongoing" and " moving forward "at work grates on my nerves

Quite a lot of aforementioned phrases irritate me too!

We shall all have to watch what we actually write from now on!!!:laugh:
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I just wanted to say that this is like a weight loss forum. People come here to loose weight, not to like, get criticized, just so you know. Basically, I feel you are all like a little bitter but as most things, this too shall pass.

Remember the next the next time you are eating cookies.. put them down!! YOU DONT NEED THEM! If I can do it, then so can you! My motto is that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Irregaurdless of you're like really mean comments, I like wish you all like the best of luck. Bless you're hearts I hope you loose some like weight. If you don't loose weight then like it is what it is.

Just sayin

You're killin' me!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • runningneo122
    Options
    The one I hate the most that I heard most all of my life "You would be so much prettier if you would just lose some weight."

My reply would be: "Maybe so.... unfortunately for you, you can't fix STUPID!"
  • justahorsen
    Options
    Hey guys I just wanted to say that this is like a weight loss forum. People come here to loose weight, not to like, get criticized, just so you know. Basically, I feel you are all like a little bitter but as most things, this too shall pass.

Remember the next the next time you are eating cookies.. put them down!! YOU DONT NEED THEM! If I can do it, then so can you! My motto is that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Irregaurdless of you're like really mean comments, I like wish you all like the best of luck. Bless you're hearts I hope you loose some like weight. If you don't loose weight then like it is what it is.

Just sayin

I am at my desk laughing and my co-workers are giving me strange looks!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • zydratethief
    Options
    Like omg! this is like so totally cooooooool!!..hehe

On a more serious note, i plan to have a get a tatto done of the phrase "This too shall pass" on my arm..

I already have the word Metamorphe on my right arm (derived from the word metamorphoses) which means constant change!

"This too shall pass" will be a second one, kind of like a part 2, which means change is permanent :D
  • JackieBea
    Options
    I hate the phrase, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Bullpucky. I've been skinny. I've been a perfect weight. I've been a little overweight. Being skinny wasn't so great. I was always cold. My immune system wasn't so great. I wasn't physically strong. Honestly? Chicken bacon ranch pizza is better. Physically, I feel way better a little overweight than I ever did when I was underweight.

"Skinny" shouldn't be anyone's goal. Being healthy should be.

I needed this today, it made me smile. I completely agree - give me the pizza!
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I can not stand when people pronounce "specific" as PACIFIC!.. I actually bust out laughing :laugh:

Me too! And 'president' instead of 'precedence' - for some reason I hear this all the time!

The ULTIMATE for me is 'wake up and smell the coffee' >shudders<

Arrrggghhh! :mad:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    This one got me this morning. "I see on the Biggest Loser people losing XX pounds a week. I can do that too." No you can't unless you are at the gym 24/7 with a nutritonist on hand. I just want to smack friends and tell them not to set goals based on a tv show. Yes it can motivate you to get off your behind but don't think you at 180lbs will lose 20lbs in one week like the 500lb guy on the show did. It is not the same thing! They are just setting themselves up for failure.
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    "Irregardless" ---- This is NOT a word and you sound IGNORANT when you're trying to sound intelligent by using big words.

I hate this word more than anything! my husband says this and it ticks me off every time.
  • pauldbarnhart
    pauldbarnhart Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    At work...the word "stakeholder" irritates me.

question from management "Have you cleared this with all the stakeholders?"

My response: "Why of course, I have, because if I didn't, they'd probably drive that stake through my heart!"
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Things people say that irk me?

"Can I be frank with you?" --- No, Lie to me!!

"Truthfully...." ---- Same as above.

"Irregardless" ---- This is NOT a word and you sound IGNORANT when you're trying to sound intelligent by using big words.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!! I ahte all of those espically Irregardless!!!!!! and people look at you like your crazy if you try to correct them!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    When my grandfather died, it REALLY bothered me that coworkers told me how lucky I was to have known him as an adult... I surely didn't feel lucky at the time. Death makes so many of us say dumb #$*.

I got the same thing recently when I lost both of my dad parents almost a month apart. Alll I could think about was they fact they will new know the great grandchildren I'm trying so hard to have.

I stick with I'm sorry for your loss. Ofr if it's a close friend , "I heaer for whatever you need"
  • runningneo122
    Options
    Things people say that irk me?

"Can I be frank with you?" --- No, Lie to me!!

"Truthfully...." ---- Same as above.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!! I ahte all of those espically Irregardless!!!!!! and people look at you like your crazy if you try to correct them!

Ditto on that crazy ....

Thought of another after reading the above correction statement: Nu-cu-lar....ARRRRGGH!!
    And when you correct them they say, "I can't say it that way."
    It's real easy
    NEW - CLEAR

It became acceptable once the President (W.) started saying it and consequenly has since been put in the dictionary. Absurd.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    OMG, Nucular make me INSANE, my kids say it on purpose just to get a rise.

I hate "with all due respect"! You just know the next thing is something saying you're an idiot!
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh yea another irk me word is Journey:grumble: I don't know why but it really does get under my skin.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Buzz words and sayings, such as "epic", "think outside the box", "viral" and one of my new hated sayings, "FML" (if you guys don't know it is f*** my life) UGH!!!!! Oh and anytime "twitter" and "facebook" are used as verbs it really irks the crap outta me.
  • runningneo122
    Options
    Thanks to the current administration and the election campaign run-up, I have thought of a couple more:

"Unprecedented" and "Historic"