Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Chart every month is good. Are we still weighing in every week though?
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Chart every month is good. Are we still weighing in every week though?

Yes, please weigh in every week. We will keep weighing in every saturday or Friday if you can't make Sat. Because we do have a lot of people and so that we can notice when you lose, I think it would be a good idea to say what you weigh, how much you lost, and how many pounds left of the 50 lb challenge do you have to go.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i like the idea of every month as well stephanie.

i don't want u 2 b overloaded as well. then u may come 2 resent losin 50lbs :wink: lol. j/k :tongue:
  • kcarlson22
    kcarlson22 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great Idea! The weekly post keeps me motivated. We can encourage eachother weekly.
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    Monthly charts sound fine to me! :)
  • Mddlrthr2
    Options
    Just found the community board through an email. I would love to join. 50 lbs is a good start but I need to lose about 104. Please sign me up.
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Monthly it is. So are weight, how much we lost and how much is left?
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    i like the idea of every week still
    gives us something to look forward to on saterdays
    so if no1 minds id still like to write my weekly progress as well as monthly
    i didnt do the challene all week but trying to catch up now with it
    now that i know its being done il look out for it next week
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I burned 1000 calories at the gym last night! sat was 600. So I have 1900 left to go. I believe I can do it. Tonight I will be on my stair machine as I watch Jersey Shore and I will not get off that thing until i have a serious burn in. Then my left over calories i will burn at a last chance workout tomorrow day and night. Thank you everyone for participating. I am proud of all of you.
  • shanellereena
    Options
    So far I've burned 2135 calories....
    ......1365 to go! Woo!
  • meriann
    Options
    can I still join?

My screen name: meriann
    Weight on January 2 = 172.4 lbs
    Ideal weight: 130 lbs

Why I want to lose the weight: I want to get healthy. I'm sick of having back fat, thigh fat, muffin tops, etc. I want to look good and feel good in my own skin.
    My plan: working out 4-5 days/week, 1300-1500 calories/day.
  • loonpine2
    loonpine2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am on board....
  • loonpine2
    loonpine2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: Loonpine2
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 220
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 160
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I have lost over 140lbs since I joined in Feb of last year and a total of 230 since Dec 2009 I want to go all the way.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I work out daily, eat healthy veggies, fruits and lean protein and I stay away from sugar. MY BIGGEST DOWN FALL! I hit a plateau last month and have not budged but not discouraged- just moving forward. I need a good challenge!
  • sarahmckinley
    sarahmckinley Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    After tonight, I've burned 1860/3500 calories in 4 workouts...1640 to go....whew...

1000 calories in one day?! Holy moly!
  • sarahmckinley
    sarahmckinley Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ah, just kidding--only 3 work outs, not 4....that makes me feel better about getting those last 1640 finished! :)
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    well i've only burned 800calories this wk so i've got LOADS 2 go b4 i meet the challenge. lol. even tho i have 1more workout left. i've been workin more towards gettin my distance up w/my runnin & didn't even realize the calorie burn challenge hahaha. so ooooops :embarassed: :tongue:
  • yogalotusadg
    Options
    great idea, i know im a little late.. but i'd love to join!!!

Screen Name:
    Starting Weight : 226
    Goal by July 1st, 2011: 146 (80 lbs..might be a little high, but it'll just motivate me more!)
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to improve my life & stay healthy in order to be able to do the things I want to do!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I'm planning on atleast two round of Insanity plus some yoga in the morning to help get me ready for the day. Also between 1200 & 1600 cals a day (i'm a vegetertian so that's a lot of food!!).
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Still too late to join?

If not....

Screen Name: Shannonk507
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): JAnuary 13th, 238.0
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 188
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To get back under 200 and be on my way to being skinny with a goal weight of 120-130
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1460 calories a day, eating clean, and exercising 5-6 days a week.
  • houlee
    houlee Posts: 60
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late to join this, this lands my right into a close range of my goal weight.

Screen Name: houlee
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): January 13th, 168.2
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 115
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I'm going to NYC in July, and I would like to be in shape and able to walk all over that city without getting exhausted or having to remember to bring my inhaler with me everywhere. Plus, if I lose about 50 pounds, I will hover right around my goal weight of 110.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1200 calories/day, exercise 4-5 days a week, and incorporate more activity into my normal day (for example, park on the top level of the parking garage and take the stairs, take regular breaks at work to get up and walk around, etc).
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am totally up the the challenge!!!

Screen Name: Kitty1009
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 212
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 160
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I'm getting married!!!!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I plan to stay within my calories each day and to workout 4+ times per week