vent--There are too many skinny people at the gym

Options

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I love a good forum discussion, everyone gets to finish with exactly the same opinions they started with, but a little bit more determined about them.

Not so. I started thinking the OP was silly, but the more I think about it the more I think she's just a jerk.

That's a shift in opinion.

why? its not like she has said anything further from her first post

Good point. Mob mentality perhaps?

Or the original post was so ignorant that nothing further needs to be said perhaps?
    she might be waiting until she grows taller perhaps?

Ever do a double take?

you need to translate
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I go to a very "meathead" gym, they both motivate and show huge dedication. OP, if you are intimidated, it's on you to change your attitude.

Using insulting terms like trophy wife and meathead - what sympathy exactly do you expect to receive?
    MFP is full of successful, hot people - maybe this isn't the place to complain about them.
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    I love a good forum discussion, everyone gets to finish with exactly the same opinions they started with, but a little bit more determined about them.

Not so. I started thinking the OP was silly, but the more I think about it the more I think she's just a jerk.

Or the original post was so ignorant that nothing further needs to be said perhaps?

So, just a slow learner? It took that person a while to realize it was ignorant and thus change her opinion?

you, are something else
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

:laugh:
    Out of anyone on this entire thread, heck, maybe even the entire site, the poster you are referring to would get my vote to be the person to be least swayed by mob mentality.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

tumblr_ls3kp2fb9f1r317bvo1_500.gif
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

So, just a slow learner? It took that person a while to realize it was ignorant and thus change her opinion?

Does it matter? Or just trying to do subtle digs?

Hmm, yes I seem to have gone to the dark side with my tit for tat. :embarassed:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    you need to translate

I misquoted.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Out of anyone on this entire thread, heck, maybe even the entire site, the poster you are referring to would get my vote to be the person to be least swayed by mob mentality.

YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

I'm not stubborn, I'm just a slow learner. No one but slow people go back to reconsider their initial opinion, think over what someone else has said/written. and then come to a different conclusion. That's the mark of slowness right there.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    And how would you feel if a gym excluded you for being fat?

Stop being jealous and bitter. Worry about you.

This. Discrimination is discrimination. Concentrate on your own goals and stop judging people.
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    ok, so i only got through one page of those replies to this post - and my goodness. some people take other peoples thoughts far too seriously!

i totally get what you mean OP, and i know that your 'fat people gym' idea was a joke of sorts. i like it - and im with you.
    i was just at the gym last week before a yogalaties class, and the cardio class that was finishing up had this girl in it.. holy crow her body was amazing! like really, what was she even doing there?? she doesnt need the cardio, I need the cardio!

it would be awesome to have a gym where there are zero judgments, and people just straight up support each other. i think - well, i hope - that most gyms really are like that once you open up a little. i plan on actually joining the gym later this year (i was on a trial pass, i work out at home) and i look forward to being a support (maybe an inspiration?) to other gym goers.
  • Achrya
    Options

I don't like what you're implying about me.

I sometimes consider the thoughts and feelings of others and allow that to change my...bwahahahaha.
  • Lalo_Nyc
    Lalo_Nyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here is my two cents:

The reason you see the skinny people at gym is because they are working hard. Working hard at keeping the weight off, working hard at staying slim, working hard at staying healthy.

I used to be heavy at 240 lbs and I am down to 160 lbs and some folks see me as skinny. But I along a whole bunch of other people still have to work hard for the same reasons that most people are in gym; to lose weight, get in shape stay healthy.

There was a time when I tipped the scales at 240 lbs. I started going to the gym and soon realized that we are all in same boat. We are all trying to stay get in shape, lose weight, maintain weight and a few are also in gym trying to put on some bulk in way of muscle mass. We all have our reason for being there and the beauty is that we can all share a story or two, we can all push each other to achieve our goal.

Don't look for another gym, you are at the right place and with work and patience you will see results. Soon enough you may even hear a comment or two that comes your way when someone notices that you look great, that you have worked hard and how you continue to be at gym.

Ed from NYC
  • kvansanity
    kvansanity Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    this is stupid. i'm skinny but need to get in shape too.
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    OP is definitely insecure about exercising alongside the more athletic, but I'm sure after a few visits (maybe at different times of the day) she'll start noticing those who are overweight.

To be fair nobody gives a *kitten* about anyone else at the gym. Most people are usually too focused on their workout.

The OP sounded like she was be sarcastic to me, not nasty!
  • PikaKnight
    Options

46691-cat-deal-with-it-gif-IjeF.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    ok, so i only got through one page of those replies to this post - and my goodness. some people take other peoples thoughts far too seriously!

i totally get what you mean OP, and i know that your 'fat people gym' idea was a joke of sorts. i like it - and im with you.
    i was just at the gym last week before a yogalaties class, and the cardio class that was finishing up had this girl in it.. holy crow her body was amazing! like really, what was she even doing there?? she doesnt need the cardio, I need the cardio!

it would be awesome to have a gym where there are zero judgments, and people just straight up support each other. i think - well, i hope - that most gyms really are like that once you open up a little. i plan on actually joining the gym later this year (i was on a trial pass, i work out at home) and i look forward to being a support (maybe an inspiration?) to other gym goers.

But the only person passing judgement was the OP.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Not only this, but there are apparently many, many more white knights jumping to defend OP's piss-poor attitude and terrible word choice than I could have possible imagined.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I go to a very "meathead" gym, they both motivate and show huge dedication. OP, if you are intimidated, it's on you to change your attitude.

Using insulting terms like trophy wife and meathead - what sympathy exactly do you expect to receive?
    MFP is full of successful, hot people - maybe this isn't the place to complain about them.

She wasn't, was she? It is unfortunate that she chose to use a couple of derogatory terms in describing the "insanely fit" people at her gym, but she was complaining about herself, not them. Seeking help in dealing with her feelings or maybe just comfort in knowing that she was not alone her feelings.
  • Achrya
    Options

Rude. I sometimes consider the thoughts and feelings of others and allow that to change my opinion of things!

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options

Not only this, but there are apparently many, many more white knights jumping to defend OP's piss-poor attitude and terrible word choice than I could have possible imagined.

oh lets just burn her at the stake for a badly written post.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Rude. I sometimes consider the thoughts and feelings of others and allow that to change my opinion of things!

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

P.S. I luff you :tongue: