Looking for those who have 100 + to lose

Options

Replies

• Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Thankyou.
    I think my first task is gonna be to try and fit more excercise into my week ,How often does everybody exercise ?
    Tbh,after work and school runs and housework i'm pretty pooped,i need to push myself and hopefully things will get easier x

I try to fit at least 4-5 days of exercise in. Looks like it will 5 this week for me. Things will get easier, they have for me as I have exercised more.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options
    See below link of a new realilty show coming A&E. I saw it this morning on Good Morning Amercia!! It looks like it is going to be better than The Biggest Loser because they have built in time for the mental issues that plague the morbibly obese.

http://www.aetv.com/heavy/?vid=AETV_Marketing_Horizon_20101228-Heavy_YuMe

I hate I am going to miss it because I do not have cable TV? Does anyone know if they have their shows on line to watch?
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Coming to this site pretty late but it seems like a good one.. Looking to lose half my body and get off meds for diabetes. I'm a stay at home mom who is starting to venture out in the working world as my 4 daughters are now grown, I find I am to tired to have something permanent. Just in case there is a day I dont feel good.. I do suffer from depression off and on which alot has to do with my weight. Turned 51 in Nov, girls are grown up, I did childcare from my home for years and really lost touch of the adult world. It actually seems scary out there now. Self confidence comes and goes.. Was on MFP last Spring but lost it over the summer due to my daughters travel softball scheduel. We eat out almost all summer as we are not home and my stupidity allowed me to eat anything and everything i wanted.. So now it's January i have just come back. I have not gained any of the weight back I lost, my blood pressure is fantastic but my sugar is way out of controll... To the point where I have 3 months to get things in order or its insulin.. I am sick over this. How I screwed up sooo bad. But I am here! Looking for friends who need to lose alot of weight too.. I need the encoragement, the friendship, stories you each share. Feel free to friend me.. Kathy

SW 309
    Current W 279
    Last goal 155?
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Coming to this site pretty late but it seems like a good one.. Looking to lose half my body and get off meds for diabetes. I'm a stay at home mom who is starting to venture out in the working world as my 4 daughters are now grown, I find I am to tired to have something permanent. Just in case there is a day I dont feel good.. I do suffer from depression off and on which alot has to do with my weight. Turned 51 in Nov, girls are grown up, I did childcare from my home for years and really lost touch of the adult world. It actually seems scary out there now. Self confidence comes and goes.. Was on MFP last Spring but lost it over the summer due to my daughters travel softball scheduel. We eat out almost all summer as we are not home and my stupidity allowed me to eat anything and everything i wanted.. So now it's January i have just come back. I have not gained any of the weight back I lost, my blood pressure is fantastic but my sugar is way out of controll... To the point where I have 3 months to get things in order or its insulin.. I am sick over this. How I screwed up sooo bad. But I am here! Looking for friends who need to lose alot of weight too.. I need the encoragement, the friendship, stories you each share. Feel free to friend me.. Kathy

SW 309
    Current W 279
    Last goal 155?

Welcome Kathy!! I sent you a friend request. We can do this together!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Good morning my Fabulous Friday Fat Fighters! How is everyone today? I just finished 20 minutes of zumba and feel like a million bucks. I have to say I go to a zumba class 2 days a week but it is different doing it on the wii. I think I burn more calories per minute doing it at home because I am alone and no one is looking so I throw myself into it. If somebody were watching they would probably think I was totally nutso :laugh:

Welcome to everyone just joining us. We are so glad to have people to support and to support us. I love it here at MFP. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

I usually keep a little note pad by my computer but it has wandered off this morning so I don't remember who asked but I try to exercise 5 times a week. it is not always a lot but its something. I go to zumba twice a week and try to run three times I want to be able to run my first 5k in March). The running is usually gets skipped if the wetather is really bad but, I just found out my gym has an indoor running track upstairs, Huh, I didn't even know there was an upstairs. I guess maybe I should go more often.

Anyway I am off for a shower and going to meet my sisters, mom and grandma for lunch. Have a great day all and I will try to check in later.

happy losing,
    Staci
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good morning my Fabulous Friday Fat Fighters! How is everyone today? I just finished 20 minutes of zumba and feel like a million bucks. I have to say I go to a zumba class 2 days a week but it is different doing it on the wii. I think I burn more calories per minute doing it at home because I am alone and no one is looking so I throw myself into it. If somebody were watching they would probably think I was totally nutso :laugh:

Welcome to everyone just joining us. We are so glad to have people to support and to support us. I love it here at MFP. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

I usually keep a little note pad by my computer but it has wandered off this morning so I don't remember who asked but I try to exercise 5 times a week. it is not always a lot but its something. I go to zumba twice a week and try to run three times I want to be able to run my first 5k in March). The running is usually gets skipped if the wetather is really bad but, I just found out my gym has an indoor running track upstairs, Huh, I didn't even know there was an upstairs. I guess maybe I should go more often.

Anyway I am off for a shower and going to meet my sisters, mom and grandma for lunch. Have a great day all and I will try to check in later.

happy losing,
    Staci

Hi Staci, I am doing good this morning. Just finished my exercise for today. 30 minutes on my bike= 419 calories burned. However, I would have done more but I think my bike is on the brink of tearing up on me and that is not what I need right now is for my bike to be tearing up on me. I will probably have to get a new one come next month when we get taxes back unless my hubby can fix my bike. UGH, I hate my bike is messing up!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!
  • LadyTottingham
    LadyTottingham Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Had a pretty good first day,food wise,water wise not so great but just going to pop out and take my dog for a walk,by the looks of it will be coming back looking like a drowned rat
  • shawnalemons
    shawnalemons Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi I started at 350 I am now down to 289 my goal weight is 160 We can do this we are in it for the long run and if anyone want support from a positive changing person add me.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hi I started at 350 I am now down to 289 my goal weight is 160 We can do this we are in it for the long run and if anyone want support from a positive changing person add me.

Welcome. Congrats on the weight you have lost already! That's so awesome!!
  • julsdolphin
    julsdolphin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was glancing through the threads and saw this one. It was then that I realized if I want to get to my goal weight of 127 that I too have 100 pounds to lose. I joined MFP about a month ago and started tracking my food but didn't weight myself until this past Monday when I started the Biggest Loser challenge at my work.

I knew I was fat but all of my friends keep telling me I'm not. Either they don't realize it because they are my friends and just don't think of me that way or they don't want to hurt my feelings by agreeing with me that I'm fat.

Either way, I knew I needed to do something. I just came back into contact with a guy I knew in high school. Both of us are divorced and we met up again in the summer. He proposed to me in November and we will be getting married later this year. I don't want to be a fat bride.

Even though he loves me the way I am, he is also supportive of me wanting to lose weight. So we joined a gym together and we have been every day for the past 5 days. Not long, I know, but I hope to keep a pattern of going to the gym at least 5 days a week. So far, it's only been cardio but soon I will add weight training.

It's comforting to know that others are in a similar situation. I hope that by shocking myself into the realization that I have 100 pounds to lose by writing it out here, even to complete strangers, that I finally become accountable for my actions and turn those action into weight loss.

Good luck to everyone on their journey.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    I was glancing through the threads and saw this one. It was then that I realized if I want to get to my goal weight of 127 that I too have 100 pounds to lose. I joined MFP about a month ago and started tracking my food but didn't weight myself until this past Monday when I started the Biggest Loser challenge at my work.

I knew I was fat but all of my friends keep telling me I'm not. Either they don't realize it because they are my friends and just don't think of me that way or they don't want to hurt my feelings by agreeing with me that I'm fat.

Either way, I knew I needed to do something. I just came back into contact with a guy I knew in high school. Both of us are divorced and we met up again in the summer. He proposed to me in November and we will be getting married later this year. I don't want to be a fat bride.

Even though he loves me the way I am, he is also supportive of me wanting to lose weight. So we joined a gym together and we have been every day for the past 5 days. Not long, I know, but I hope to keep a pattern of going to the gym at least 5 days a week. So far, it's only been cardio but soon I will add weight training.

It's comforting to know that others are in a similar situation. I hope that by shocking myself into the realization that I have 100 pounds to lose by writing it out here, even to complete strangers, that I finally become accountable for my actions and turn those action into weight loss.

Good luck to everyone on their journey.

Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey!! I sent you a friend request.
  • AngelRae83
    AngelRae83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hope everyone is having a good day. im having a good day so far starting to increase my water intake and the food is going good. haven't done any exercises yet but think im going for a walk with my bestie so that will be good.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    I have done great today!! 30 minutes on my bike= 419 calories burned. However it has been kinda bittersweet. As I was riding my bike it started making a noise and I think it's on the brink of tearing up. I hope that my hubby can fix it if it's tearing up. I love my bike. I hope everyone has had a wonderful day!!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Good job. I hope your hubby is able to fix it!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    So who is up for starting a weekly challenge? I was looking at another forum and they have a challenge of burning 3500 calories a week in workout calories. Anyone here up for that?
  • funnythunder
    Options
    I am definitely up for this challenge! It is my scheduled 7 days off work next week so I have plenty of time to invest in excercise and dog walking! (Along with the housework which will help burn a few extra calories!)

Lxx
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    julsdolphin- I am just 3 weigh ins away from the end of a biggest loser contest at work. I am in a good position to win it. Good luck to you.

laura- I hope your hubby can fix your bike. I don't have an exercise bike but i love my regular bicycle when the weather is nice.

overit- I would love to do a weekly challenge. I think 3500 calories burned in a week is do-able. When should we start tracking them?

I thought I blew it today. I went to lunch with my sisters, mom & grandma, then I almost forgot about a facial appointment for me & my daughter (it was divine & I'm going to use another one as a reward when I drop below 200 pounds) then when I finally got back home my son & his family were there to take us out for pizza. Aaarrrrggg!

NSV though, I have 42 calories left for today. I am so glad I did that zumba ths morning.

Well, my daughter is spending the night at her friends so I am going to cuddle on the couch & watch a movie with my hubby. See you all in the mornng.

Happy losing,
    Staci
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Summie
    Right now I'm at 292 my goal weight is 150. I'm really lookking forward to being a sexy mama!
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! The best day was earlier this week when I realized "Omg, I only have 199 pounds to lose and not over 200!!" I definitely know about long hauls! LOL I started at 360 and on Thursday I weighed in at 349. When I get to 340, I'm getting a pedicure! :-D Good luck to everyone!!!

Edited to add: Oh, and my goal is 150. :)
  • nickynoodle79
    Options
    Hi hun, i too have 100+ to lose will add you as a friend. We will do this. :)