50 lbs by June 1st Challenge Part 3

Options

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Thanks Billybed. You're the best. Some day soon I'll show a loss instead of a gain. I may not lose the 50 lbs. but I'll lose a good chunk. I'm bound and determined now :happy:
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Ill join in! thats about my goal anyhow....so looking for anymore ideas that will help...already on the elliptical (various levels of resistance from 1-8), doing situps, crunches on a medicine ball, squats w a 25 lb weight, calorie intake is 1200....what else can i do?
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    So I jumped on the scale this morning just to peek at my weight and I have gained a pound...WTH!!! I have got to do better with working out EVERYDAY! I haven't worked out since Sunday(i know, i know) its terrible! I am really starting to lack motivation! It feels so good to have lost as much as I have but I can not get complacent with what I have lost I need to push, push, push.....but my give a dang seems to be busted right now :(

You and me both!! :embarassed:
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Ill join in! thats about my goal anyhow....so looking for anymore ideas that will help...already on the elliptical (various levels of resistance from 1-8), doing situps, crunches on a medicine ball, squats w a 25 lb weight, calorie intake is 1200....what else can i do?

That is awesome, Just keep on working hard. We are glad to have you.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Love the chart! Thanks for putting that together for us.

I was 190.6lbs this morning, so in exactly one month, I've lost 37lbs!!!!!
    Also I was 217.2 when I started this challenge (before I had my son, right at the beginning) and so that puts me at 26.6lbs lost of the 50lbs). HALFWAY THERE!!!
    Okay so having the baby helps, but I did gain 35lbs thanks to him. :laugh:
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks Steph and Bainos for the encouragement. Bainos, I need someone to tell me that when I am leaving work, lol, that is usually when I work out!
    Steph you are always a great support!!

Barb
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • magglett
    Options
    Wow, look at us. Over 650 lbs gone as a group. Woo Hoo. Well ... although I would rather be running along a beautiful beach ... since I have oodles of cold and snow ... I stayed indoors and played some wii Zumba for over an hour and according to my HRM I burned 573 calories ... not to shabby at all. I'm off to hit the shower now and then a nice low cal low fat fudsicle. I earned it ... mmmmmm. Have a great weekend everyone. Talk again soon.
    1660476y7h0w2f8is.gif
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how many people have lost 3, 4, or 5 pounds plus in one week. I am green with envy.

I think I've identified the reason for my slow down. I've started eating (nibbling) at night again. I stay under my calories but my body doesn't get a chance to burn it off and I go to bed with my belly full.

So a new new year resolution - Stop eating after dinner. No food once the clock strikes 7:00 PM. PERIOD!!!!
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    hi I did well this week and pound each week.. so I am proud of hanging in there. Linda
  • bainos
    bainos Posts: 99
    Options
    So, I watched that television show called village on a Diet. Im not sure if anybody south of the border has seen it. I can tell you this though. Our little village here is doing much better than the village on the t.v. Congrats everybody. Keep up the good work.
  • Leenz_22
    Options
    Count me in!

811204.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just came across this and wanted to know is it too late to join? I have 50 to lose and I am super motivated. Lost 40 last year.
  • bhonniered
    Options
    hi I did well this week and pound each week.. so I am proud of hanging in there. Linda

Way to go Linda!
  • GettingskinnyforME
    GettingskinnyforME Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    what day do we weigh in on again?
  • magglett
    Options
    what day do we weigh in on again?
    I believe we report to Billybed on Mondays
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Well I hit ONEderland and 50 lbs lost earlier this week, so I've been working my *kitten* off ever since to keep it going in this downward spiral! :laugh: I went skiing with my niece, 2 nephews and my brother last night. I haven't skied in 10 years because...well you know.....FAT HAPPENS! :laugh: We had a blast & it was the kids first time on skis! They were all doing the black diamond runs by the end of the night WITHOUT FALLING! PROUD AUNT MOMENT!!! :bigsmile:

Today I joined my friend Bru (here on MFP) to do the Bold in the Cold (Virtual 5K) from facebook. I haven't done a 5k since Oct 30th, but didn't do too bad! I was about 5 min slower than before, but I did walk quite a bit - last time I didn't walk at all! So NOT BAD. Now I'm gonna go do some cleaning & play a bit on the Wii! :smile:
  • magglett
    Options
    Well I hit ONEderland and 50 lbs lost earlier this week, so I've been working my *kitten* off ever since to keep it going in this downward spiral! :laugh: I went skiing with my niece, 2 nephews and my brother last night. I haven't skied in 10 years because...well you know.....FAT HAPPENS! :laugh: We had a blast & it was the kids first time on skis! They were all doing the black diamond runs by the end of the night WITHOUT FALLING! PROUD AUNT MOMENT!!! :bigsmile:

Today I joined my friend Bru (here on MFP) to do the Bold in the Cold (Virtual 5K) from facebook. I haven't done a 5k since Oct 30th, but didn't do too bad! I was about 5 min slower than before, but I did walk quite a bit - last time I didn't walk at all! So NOT BAD. Now I'm gonna go do some cleaning & play a bit on the Wii! :smile:

I got so excited reading this. I'm so happy for you!!!!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hit a milestone today! 180s!

189.8lbs

So 37.8lbs lost since 12/14/10, and 27.4lbs since I started this challenge.

Anyone know how many weeks until June 1st?
  • MandyGirly
    Options
    WEIGH IN: 205.6

So, I totally lost it over Christmas and went back up to 210 lbs but this morning I got back on the scales and I lost almost all of it again! A little excited... but trying not to think about it too much because then I start down the path of 'Well... I lost weight so I can eat a little more...' which leads to more weight gain. It's always so much easier to gain weight than to lose it....