rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    dang after reading some of these, some of you have some real rude people in your lives.

may i suggest do whatever possible to get them out of your life and where not possible just meditate on having happy surroundings. eventually either the people will learn to be more careful of their speech or be out of your life completely as your different styles/personalities repel each other into different worlds/jobs/etc.

i'm glad mine was my kid, he has time to learn to emulate good manners, sad for those who have to put up with parents or bosses/co workers who are that way...

:noway: :frown: :flowerforyou:
  • whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    "You should straighten your hair more, it makes you look skinnier"- exboyfriend when I was 17, at the high end of my bmi.
  • kahulalui
    kahulalui Posts: 33
    Options
    I usually get it from patients and coworkers. I am a RN so I hardly get to sit. lol!

"Don't you think you should lose some weight." or "Are you pregnant?" are the top ones.

Even though, "You have such a pretty face." can get me too.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I was at Panera Bread eating a sandwich (as a treat to myself since I had a terrible day at work) and two women were sitting across from me. The place was mostly packed and they came up and snickered and pointed at me and made crude "fatty" gestures (putting their hands apart, keeping air in their cheeks for a "bloated" look) and I heard one of them say "ew, I don't wanna sit next to her, I'll get fat and ugly too". At first I didn't pay attention to them but they just kept poking "fun" and saying things to each other like I wasn't there. They made me feel like a monster. They were saying things like "ew it looked at me!" "oh my god I ordered the same thing she did, does that mean I'm a fat cow too?" "wow, I'm surprised she doesn't need two of those chairs!" "or four!" inbetween fits of laughing and staring at me like I wasn't human. I left in tears.

Wait, why didn't you cuss those b*tches out? I can't even.
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, my mom and her friend would make comments about what I shouldn't eat. They were both bigger than me. When I look at pictures from my childhood, I realize that I wasn't really a big kid, but I was sure made to feel like one. When I was about 10, my stepdad got me a Get In Shape Girl set, not because he thought I would like it, but because he thought I needed to get fit. He also used to make me walk with a book on top of my head every night, sometimes in front of his kids, because he thought my posture wasn't good enough. By the time I was 12, I was denied desserts or told I wasn't allowed to have seconds, all the while watching them pack their faces, as well as my stepbrothers. Of course, by then, I had developed an ED. It took until I was 17, for my mom and stepdad (who were both bigger than me btw) to figure out that I had an Eating Disorder. The comments still kept coming.
    Then there was last summer. I was out visiting my parents and was pregnant. I ended up losing the baby the following week. However, I got told how I looked fat...um, hello! I was PREGNANT! Of course, when they came to visit two months later, they were talking about how much weight I had lost. Yeah, I guess that's what happens when you lose a baby.
    Sad thing is, I look back on a lot of pictures from my childhood and teenage years when their comments were the worst. I was pretty normal looking. Thanks to them, I had a low self-image, and I still battle with those issues. I am pregnant now and have been terrified of gaining weight through most of my pregnancy. It sucks how words hurt.

This is heartbreaking. Most of these are. You know that they were projecting their insecurities on you. Congratulations on your pregnancy, there is so much more to life than weight. I truly hope that you battle through your self-esteem issue (I have them too), for yourself, and as an F. U. to those who tried to take that away from you.
  • dancing_shoes_
    Options
    I'm pretty lucky - the only people who have said anything about my weight are my family and they haven't been too cruel.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    At my lowest weight (120lbs 5'6) some guy walked up to me and patted me on the belly and asked when I was due. I am not kidding. My coworkers were standing around and looking at this guy like he was a dumb ****. my friend ashely almost decked the guy, I was too dumb founded to say anything...and it still sticks in my mind to this day. worst part he was really serious and he sure had a talent for making you feel awful about yourself. jeez..

That guy got kicked out of my bar later that night for an unrelated incident. serves him right. jerk :grumble:
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I work as a bartender a couple days a week. One of the men who comes in in the morning on my shifts is just an *kitten* in general. One day I was stocking a beer cooler and he leans over the counter, stares at me for a second, and says "wow you really need to do some sit-ups don't you?". I was flabbergasted and had no clue how to respond as I had never experienced that before. A couple weeks later I was discussing my childhood dream of being a horse jockey and he comments "You're kind of chubby to have that dream, aren't you?" At that point I lost it on him and he wisely hasn't mentioned my weight since.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    what your fiance think about it? :)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Those are for everyone else who've gone through this too.

Thank you all for the honesty. As sad as it is, I feel less alone...although I wish none of you had to go through that too.
  • fryebootgirl
    fryebootgirl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    In the fifth grade, Reggie Jackson always picked on me, especially at recess. I was about 20 pounds overweight at the time. He proceeded to get in my face with his chest all puffed out and said he was going to slap all of the fat right off of my body. I told him "good, I don't want it there anyway!" Then I went into the girls bathroom and cried. :'( I lost all of that weight the following year and never had a weight problem again until after I had children later on in my twenties.
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    In the fifth grade, Reggie Jackson always picked on me, especially at recess. I was about 20 pounds overweight at the time. He proceeded to get in my face with his chest all puffed out and said he was going to slap all of the fat right off of my body. I told him "good, I don't want it there anyway!" Then I went into the girls bathroom and cried. :'( I lost all of that weight the following year and never had a weight problem again until after I had children later on in my twenties.

Clearly these people harassing us have issues themselves. Especially this dude, being all crazy aggro, and threatening violence on you.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    When I wore a yellow jacket, I was told I looked like...
    ↙↙↙↘↘↘

48b9ce60-2f3b-4084-8c5a-06e905e832f0_zps976ba647.jpg
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Okay, maybe not about my weight but I got a 'Hey, Frozen!' the other day.
    I was wearing a blue dress?
    I dunno it was really random.

Worst weight one, 'huge *kitten*' by a drunken junkie. Nice.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I had a lot in elementary school. I started putting on weight around 5th grade or so. More in Jr High by high school most was done but I do recall one girl in 9th grade commenting with her friends on cellulite on my legs in choir. Ironically she is probably even bigger than me now and has an eating disorder to boot. I still can't believe she involved herself in that conversation. Not like either of them were perfect or even that slim either.

I try not to dwell on the things I learned so I can't recall specifics but I've heard the shamu and Free Willy mostly in Jr High years. And once towards the end of high school when I was worked retail at Sears was asked how far along I was.

I cringe because my brother says some mean things to my 10 year old who is over 5'3" and 120ish lbs. Yes she is carrying a bit of weight in her mid section but this is what happens with some girls in puberty. I just want to tell him to go f himself and like it helped me to hear things like this when I was her age. I just hope I can instill some sense of self in her that shows it doesn't matter but worse thing is some other kids have noticed. :( JERKS!!
  • PaulaKac
    PaulaKac Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had weight issues as a young person too. I had an uncle I dearly loved but he could be rather blunt at times. He said to me,
    "are you having a race with your aunt to see who can be the fattest". It broke my heart. I've never forgotten those words from him. So hurtful. Everytime I saw him afterwards, I remembered those words.
  • Deps
    Deps Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My brother, when I was in primary school, told me "you have more rolls than a bakery." Knowing him he probably heard it and thought it was funny and said it without really thinking of the consequences but for a kid always teased about her weight, it's always stuck with me since he was someone I admired more than anyone.
  • Deps
    Deps Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My coworker lifted up my shirt in front of some other coworkers and said where did I get that fat gut... I was embarrassed but not too much coming from a guy that had the arms and legs of SpongeBob Square pants so when I said don't worry about it spongebob, it then took the limelite off me laugh

Beyond the rude comment - who the hell gave him permission to lift your clothing? That sounds like a harassment suit right there.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I got called a FAT *kitten*

Which in hindsight was a fair comment.

I am not sensitive about my weight, I didnt think men where to be honest
  • Chelseapretorius
    Chelseapretorius Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My mother nicknamed me "Thunder Thighs" when I was really young and still calls me it to this day.... :(