The Real Danger of Smoothies and Juicing

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Dairy kills us all, especially Mayo, because that's the whitest of dairy products and should be avoided along with Avocados which contain no fat and are thusly sabotaging us and leading to cankles.

Dude, now _I'M_ confused. Mayo is a dairy product??? I thought it was made out of eggs and oil. But if there is an animal that shoots Hellmann's out of its teats, PLEASE identify it for me so that I can adopt one and let it live in my shed with the lawn mower. I love me some mayo!

Yeah, I was going to question that but I couldn't find the original quote and didn't want to riff off an out-of-context statement.

Eggs are considered a dairy product.

That has never made sense to me!
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    I woudl jsut like to thank you all from the bottom of my dairy and fruit filled heart. This has made my day.

Also I wonder if I worship a the giant cow in the sky (my current reigious belief of "cheesism and ice creamism but not togetherism") then does anythign have calories? I'm pretty sure it means my body is made up of little rainbows and the lucky charms marshmallows. just saying.
  • s_pekz
    exactly,for some reason people think all sugar is the same. the juices and smoothies are bad only if you add processed sugar. The sugar from fruit isn't bad.

unless you ahve a medical condition sugar isnt bad. just saying. also. sugar is sugar.
  • s_pekz
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Dairy kills us all, especially Mayo, because that's the whitest of dairy products and should be avoided along with Avocados which contain no fat and are thusly sabotaging us and leading to cankles.

Dude, now _I'M_ confused. Mayo is a dairy product??? I thought it was made out of eggs and oil. But if there is an animal that shoots Hellmann's out of its teats, PLEASE identify it for me so that I can adopt one and let it live in my shed with the lawn mower. I love me some mayo!

Yeah, I was going to question that but I couldn't find the original quote and didn't want to riff off an out-of-context statement.

My grandparents are jewish and apparently Eggs are considered "parve" which means not meat and not dairy. So I guess they are the hybrid of all hybrids?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Isn't the point of juicing to get nutrients directly to the blood stream? I do have one green juice in the morning with my protein. It's mostly veggies, but I do add one apple. I think this comes down to common sense. Fruit equals sugar, obviously juicing fruits will increase someone's blood sugar.

Yes, and it looks like it's doing the same for sugar as it's doing for nutrients. Lots of sugar in fruit, and juicing it is probably sending it directly into your bloodstream.

I'm no scientist, I don't even worry about my sugar intake. But I'm wondering if this could be why everyone feels so energized and happy after they knock back a shake. They've just mainlined sugar.

But of course, the body knows it's fruit sugar, so it converts it to rainbows. As opposed to sugar from candy, which it converts to 15lbs of fat instantly /sarcasm.

:laugh:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member

Strong first post! :drinker:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Because, chickens and cows! How can you not know this? :angry:
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    haha really? this study is BS...the sugars that you get from blending or juicing are NOT the same and do not have the same effect on your body as processed sugar in cookies, sweets etc. ive been juicing and blending for 5 years...Ive lost 100 lbs, Im more fit and active than I have ever been and my blood tests are excellent....

:huh:

I'm juxt wondering what company pays you to say this stuff.

I wish a company DID pay me for this...

Fruit doesnt have any sugar in it...sugar is something that can only exist if you refine something...a banana doesnt have sugar it has a holistic nature to it...if you refine the banana you can get sugar from it...but when its a BANANA it doesnt behave like refined sugar because its a banana...they are totally unrelated...

the food industry has trained people to think about 1 nutrient in an item...cant have fruit its got too much sugar...cant have avacado its got too much fat...really? God put these fruits and vegetables on the planet to eat and give us a healthy life...so eat them and be healthy!

Literally cannot even.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    About the dairy argument, I do drink skim milk, eat cheese & yogurt and I'm NOT struggling with losing weight at all.
    Unless you drink 5 liters of milk a day, I don't see anything unhealthy about it, it's healthier than eating high fat meats. I stopped following the "low carb, gluten free, dairy free, wheat free...3 trend a long time ago

(Great. Crushing one dietary fallacy with another.)

What is unhealthy about "high fat meats"?
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Because, chickens and cows! How can you not know this? :angry:

Sorry to get you all hangry - but it still makes no sense!

Although logic and sense have never been my strong suit!
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Isn't the point of juicing to get nutrients directly to the blood stream? I do have one green juice in the morning with my protein. It's mostly veggies, but I do add one apple. I think this comes down to common sense. Fruit equals sugar, obviously juicing fruits will increase someone's blood sugar.

The point of juicing is to avoid solid foods, which contain calories. Juice does not really contain calories, unless it is a color other than green.
    WTFfffffff: "Juice doesn't contain any calories if it is any other color other than green...........?!" this is the most absurd statement ever
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Because they have to be refrigerated at the store. Just like orange juice. Duh.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    I think the main "problem" with juice compared to the whole fruit is that when you make a juice or smoothie you're more likely to use far more fruit than you would typically eat in one sitting - hence more calories and sugar. For people who are not counting the calories or sugar in their juices, this could add a significant amount to their diet that they're unaware of.

I don't really thinking having one smoothie or juice a day is a big deal. It's just a matter of being aware.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    haha really? this study is BS...the sugars that you get from blending or juicing are NOT the same and do not have the same effect on your body as processed sugar in cookies, sweets etc. ive been juicing and blending for 5 years...Ive lost 100 lbs, Im more fit and active than I have ever been and my blood tests are excellent....

:huh:

I'm juxt wondering what company pays you to say this stuff.

I wish a company DID pay me for this...

Fruit doesnt have any sugar in it...sugar is something that can only exist if you refine something...a banana doesnt have sugar it has a holistic nature to it...if you refine the banana you can get sugar from it...but when its a BANANA it doesnt behave like refined sugar because its a banana...they are totally unrelated...

the food industry has trained people to think about 1 nutrient in an item...cant have fruit its got too much sugar...cant have avacado its got too much fat...really? God put these fruits and vegetables on the planet to eat and give us a healthy life...so eat them and be healthy!

I'm not downing your smoothies, but this does not make sense.

Wake up in the morning, take your blood sugar, eat a banana, then take it again in 30 minutes.

I am pretty sure that the SUGAR in the banana is going to raise your sugar level in your blood.

QFT :angry:
    ETA: down with bananas.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    I woudl jsut like to thank you all from the bottom of my dairy and fruit filled heart. This has made my day.

Also I wonder if I worship a the giant cow in the sky (my current reigious belief of "cheesism and ice creamism but not togetherism") then does anythign have calories? I'm pretty sure it means my body is made up of little rainbows and the lucky charms marshmallows. just saying.

Can I just say - cream cheese ice cream - think cheese cake. But as an ice cream. THEN talk to me about togetherism.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    gullible_e2530c_2713895.jpg

i am so stealing this. :laugh:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    I am SO CONFUSED!

me too...and if you feed that beast some fruit....Miracle Whip!!!
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member

Please tell me you used sarcasm font for this statement..... I can't tell who is bull****ting around anymore and who is seriously ****ting rainbows in their heads!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    I am SO CONFUSED!

Technically, eggs don't HAVE to be refrigerated.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member

The point of juicing is to avoid solid foods, which contain calories. Juice does not really contain calories, unless it is a color other than green.
    WTFfffffff: "Juice doesn't contain any calories if it is any other color other than green...........?!" this is the most absurd statement ever

How did I miss that doozy of a statement, juicing doesn't contain calories. I spit my water out.
    Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif