Share Your Tummy Tuck? Post your Before and After Pic

Options

Replies

• bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Wow....I just wish it didn't have to hurt so much!
  • kemurray333
    kemurray333 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm all for making yourself comfortable in your own skin. One word of caution is to make sure you don't go the cheap route. Find a good surgeon and make sure you "get what you pay for." God Bless!!!
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they get them, but have access to laser scar removal, herbal wraps, lippo, etc. The money really affords all these procedures. Also, most of them (most) have slim bodies and low body fat (due to diet and exercise--so I'm not taking away from their efforts) which helps with losing the weight.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • sadieelicious
    Options
    Hi there! I see that you would encourage working out to get rid of the extra skin.... I do not have enough info about her to tell you if this would work or not, but I will tell you about me. I was 150lbs. before I had my children (I am 5'9) so this was a decent weight for me. After having my kids, I breastfed and got down to 135 lbs (scary skinny with my collarbone sticking out)... but I still had extra skin hanging loose that wouldn't tighten up. So I gave up the diets and went back to 150 for a few years. Then I got into fitness and really got my body into fantastic shape. Definition, you could see my 8-pack only at the top. I was 142 of nothing but muscle, but my abs disappeared into my extra sin that would not go away. No matter what I did it was there. I decided a tummy tuck was the way to go, and am now 3 weeks post op. I am SO happy to finally have a flat belly. SO HAPPY! During my consultation the doctor was pretty amazed at what great shape I was in, and said that I would need a full tuck because of all the loose skin, but there was nothing at all to lipo, not even on my love handle area. I would recommend that your wife get into great shape, then get her tummy tuck if she needs it. Being in good shape really helps with the recovery, you see amazing results, and its really rewarding after working so hard on your body.
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Here are my before and after pics. I'm 3 years post op. Please bear with me. I'm not quite sure how to add my pic via photobucket.

9563707a-aad6-4ab4-acef-3f44f475873b_zps3af52629.jpg
  • ShellBell4281
    Options
    I'm all for making yourself comfortable in your own skin. One word of caution is to make sure you don't go the cheap route. Find a good surgeon and make sure you "get what you pay for." God Bless!!!

That's not always true. I heard an ad on the radio for $4,800 tummy tucks. That's pretty cheap. I went into the office thinking that the surgeon would be a complete quack. I was so wrong. I was beyond impressed with him. He ended up doing an amazing job. Much better than many of my friends who paid double. Price should not dictate how good a surgeon is.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Here are my before and after pics. I'm 3 years post op. Please bear with me. I'm not quite sure how to add my pic via photobucket.

image_zpscce5726d.jpg

image_zpscce5726d.jpg

Never mind. I've tried several times - no luck :(

You need to make the img codes lowercase. Amazing results!
  • ShellBell4281
    Options
    Thank you!! :)
  • BeautifulChaos27
    Options
    Bump. Going through the pages tomorrow. :)
  • bluebirds5
    bluebirds5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ReneR4
    ReneR4 Posts: 42
    Options
    I've had 2 c - sections so I worry that I might need one once I reach my goal weight. The photos have definitely eased my worries, great results! Although, I still have my fingers crossed.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am about 12 weeks post op. Below I posted my befores and my 10 week post op pics.

I was about 162, but then had some fun and I think my day of surgery I was about 166. I lost 9 lbs with the surgery - 4 of it was skin.

I would also do it again, but it did hurt like hell. This is coming from a twin pregnancy and csection - not comparable!! I am just now starting to love my body and find it gets better day by day. I am still quite swollen but look pretty flat in the AM! My front view is looking a lot nicer now than in the pic below, he warned me of the love handles - I had a lot of back skin too. If I am not happy at 6 months he will do more lipo.

I still have stretch marks above my belly button and some of the thickness at the incision/scar is more stretch marks. He did the best he could with what he was given LOL!!! It changed my life, it really did.

ETA: anyway to make the pics smaller? haha you can't even see the best parts

IMG_15902_zpsb4946a19.jpg

IMG_15892_zpsc595a0f8.jpg

IMG_17892_zps561e29b4.jpg

IMG_17812_zps304a3bd0.jpg
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    BUMP. I got my breasts done last year and I plan to do my tummy next year. Looking forward to it! The results always look so fantastic! I want to get to my goal weight first though.
  • margaretperron75
    Options
    I don't have any post op pics since my TT is not yet done. I have completed my pre-op consultation and i'm doing the surgery from Dr.Hugh Mclean's clinic in Toronto since i'm from the same place. Regarding posting the before pic, i'm pretty not sure how to post pic here. There is no insert option. I'm really new to myfitnesspal. Can anybody please help me with that? I bought a kelo cote cream and silicone sheets. We had distributors here, so it din't take much effort to get the products.
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Going to my first consultation for the "mommy makeover" next week! Hoping to get it done in November of this year. Been living on the Realself.com website!!! Thanks for all the pics and advice! Keep posting!!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bump for consideration.
  • mfp_mariogirl
    mfp_mariogirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm a bit thrilled to have found this forum on MFP! I've been logging in and pretty serious about getting into shape since the birth of my fourth child 3 years ago with the mindset to avoid surgery if I could. I've plateaued at my current weight though and, after a few consults being told that I'm conclusively not a candidate for coolscultping and that I probably just can't lose much more weight/fat, I'm throwing in the towel. I've been busting my but in the gym and want my body to look it! I also have an umbilical hernia that will be repaired along with my diastasis recti (about a two finger separation from sternum to below belly button). I'm one week pre-op and will post my before pic the day before. Really nervous at this point and taking all the tips I can get...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!