Any c25k newbies?

Options

Replies

• kiralu76
    kiralu76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Howdy all! I am currently in week 4, did day 2 of week 4 this morning. I have started the c25k so many times I have lost count. But this is definitely the furthest I have made it.
    In week 2, I was petrified of running 3 whole minutes. Now in week 4, 3 minutes seems easy. 5 minutes still kind of winds me. I am really kind of nervous about week 5, and 8 minute run and then a 20 minute run!!!!
    But, I am just trying to take it one day at a time, one exercise at a time.
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is W7D3- I think I might have to run indoors on a dreadmill because it's going to be SO hot by the time I get to run! I tacked on 7 extra minutes and finished my last lap running rather than cooling down and walking. For the first time, I'm actually convinced I can run an entire 5K!
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 6 with a 25 minute run. I had to use a treadmill as it was raining and my speed was 8kph - I measured my outdoor runs and they are about the same speed. 3 weeks left to get up to 30 min and then I 'll aim for 10kph.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Today was run 1 of week 7 - my second 25 minute run and I couldnt make it past 14 minutes. Run 3 of week 6 was also a 25 minute run and I finished that on the treadmill, today I was running on grass. I've completed all weeks so far running mostly outdoors alone. My son came with me for the week 6, 2 x 10 min runs so maybe I need company or the perceived stares of other gym goers to help push myself.

I'm dropping back to the middle of week 6.
  • kiralu76
    Options
    I have now finished week 4. I am moving on to week 5 tomorrow. I am not so worries about wk5 d1, but I am shaking in my too expensive running shoes for days 2 and 3!!
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am so pissedi have to wait until next Tues to start W8D1- I had to wait around for someone to call me back regarding a prospective job opportunity and missed my window to work out- my last workout was this past Tuesday! I really hate skipping a workout!
  • danifarias
    Options
    I am supposed to start w3 tomorrow, but the last day of W2 left me with a lot of pain on the knees...it's been 2 days and it's still hurting. :/
  • lubylu37
    lubylu37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well I've been away for 2 weeks and was hoping to continue with my workout running in the great outdoors, but I couldn't regulate my breathing or set my pace and failed completely so gave up, I really didn't like the feeling. I came back after my run feeling rather disappointed.

So to cut a story short I haven't run for 3 weeks and today was the day. I thought I might need to re-do week 6 to slide myself back into the swing of things but then thought .... no, start where I left off so Week 7 Day 3 it was and I did it! I'm so pleased as I felt really relaxed and could have done more but glad I didn't. I was worried I wouldn't be able to start where I left off but I did.

Anyway ... next stop Week 8 Day 1
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to start w3 tomorrow, but the last day of W2 left me with a lot of pain on the knees...it's been 2 days and it's still hurting. :/

Give it 3 whole days to see what it is like, if it still hurts give it another 3 days. If it still hurts get it looked at. There are no prizes here, your health is more important than your pride. It sounds as though you have got the right balance already.

Well done, hope it feels ok soon
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    It reads as though there are a lot of good performance on here, you guys (girls) should be proud of yourselves and the progress you are making
  • lubylu37
    Options
    Well just completed Week 8 Day 1, in fact I actually ran for 3 miles which is 5K (more than I was supposed to!) ...aaghh I'm so happy I made it to 3miles, however word of warning .....

DON'T PUT YOUR HTC M8 PHONE NEXT TO YOUR TREADMILL (I know running outside this won't be a problem) after getting into the swing of things 10mins into my run maybe, the frequency must be similar as my treadmill increased steadily from 5.2mph to 11.2mph .... it wouldn't be so bad if I was taking note of my speed but I was focused on my tunes and wondered why I suddenly looked like Road Runner!!

Good job I hit the stop button before things really got out of hand and I was catapulted off the back of it!! :D

Must have been the blip I needed to complete it, another reason for me to run outside. I'll get there eventually.
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Congrats on getting to 3 miles.
  • kiralu76
    Options
    I can't believe I just did day 3 of week 5! 20 whole minutes without stopping. My pace was slow, but I really am fine with that. I figure speed will come eventually.
    Today was the first day that I really felt like a runner, and that I may actually be able to do a 5k!
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    I can't believe I just did day 3 of week 5! 20 whole minutes without stopping. My pace was slow, but I really am fine with that. I figure speed will come eventually.
    Today was the first day that I really felt like a runner, and that I may actually be able to do a 5k!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: S u p e r s t a r :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Well done you
  • lubylu37
    Options
    Congrats on getting to 3 miles.

Thanks ftrobbie
  • meabhaline
    meabhaline Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just finished W5D3 which was a 20 minute run. it took me two weeks repeating days 1 and 2 of week 5 because the fear of a 20 minute run on day 3 was too much. But I did it and I am in shock.
    It was slow, my face was very red by the end and there were moments where i was thinking about what to leave to my loved ones and what music encapsulated my essence for the funeral service.
    I feel like Sonia O'Sullivan!!!!!!!!
  • Gymfinitytowel
    Options
    Please check out the Gymfinity Towel! This super absorbent athletic towel conveniently placed around the neck like a scarf makes it easier to wipe sweat and partake in physical activities without picking up or putting down a regular gym towel. The circular quick dry towel is a great accessory for various forms of working out, whether lifting weights, hiking, dancing, running on a treadmill or taking a spin class. Follow the Instagram @gymfinitytowel for plenty of health and fitness tips!
    www.gymfinitytowel.com
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    I just finished W5D3 which was a 20 minute run. it took me two weeks repeating days 1 and 2 of week 5 because the fear of a 20 minute run on day 3 was too much. But I did it and I am in shock.
    It was slow, my face was very red by the end and there were moments where i was thinking about what to leave to my loved ones and what music encapsulated my essence for the funeral service.
    I feel like Sonia O'Sullivan!!!!!!!!

Wow so impressed with your dedication, resilience and determination. Well doneyou
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I started on friday, i managed to do 19mins of the 30mins before hitting the cool down button on the tredmil (doing it at the gym)
    but yesterday (sunday) i re did week 1 day 1 and COMPLETED IT.

really need to work on my breathing because thats my problem, my asthma has been a bit worse since the slight change in weather and it was my chest getting really tight that stopped me on friday

week1 day 2 is tomorrow and im actually looking forward to it :-)
  • YoshiCow
    YoshiCow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Started today W1D1. Did a lot better than expected. Managed each run, but slowed down on the last jaunt. Looking forward to improving :)