Tell us something about where you live?

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    There are lots of awesome walking trails next to a river that runs through my town.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I currently live in Jersey City.

It's the bargain-basement version of New York.
  • thomo6285
    thomo6285 Posts: 56 Member
    i live in the southwest of england a place called cornwall. stunning place to live and i love it. would love to visit the U.S one day
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    i'm in Louisville, KY...Home of the Kentucky Derby
  • borst13
    borst13 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Albuquerque, NM- the excruciating sun and violent blowing sandy winds are wonderful for your skin
  • danduffell
    danduffell Posts: 107 Member
    Ankeny- Iowa! Great place to have a young family, but as far as the location - Winter in the Midwest SUCKS! My home is really England! Give me Cornwall anyday where the guy above me is from !!!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    I live on a working farm in Michigan, hay farmer with large organic-methods garden and Arabian horses. My city is economically stable with a fine arts/cultural flavor and a low crime rate. I love the area and I love living in the country. The downside is winters in Michigan.... I hate cold weather.
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    I live in King's Lynn, Norfolk.

King John lost the Crown Jewels in the river here in 1216.

The landscape is very flat.

Stephen Fry lives down the road.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Belgium, home of the Belgians
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    I live about 30 mil from Charleston, SC and love it :) SO much to see and do:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/23/charleston-south-carolina_n_4305335.html
  • TEXAS........nothing else needs to be said
  • christianmom2
    christianmom2 Posts: 9 Member
    I live in the mountains of Maine. God's country. It took some time for this city girl to adjust but after 17 years I would not change it for anything. Thank you God for showing me everyday your handy work and beauty!
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Dayton Ohio.

In the short time I've been living here, we had a cop kill a guy in Wal-Mart for brandishing a BB gun, a kid stumble upon a hanging corpse in an abandoned house, an metro bus driver frame three black kids for attacking him on the job (claimed a bible stopped a gunshot or some nonsense like that) due to financial distress at home. And there's also a guy here with 27 kids by 17 mothers.

I love my new city.

Dayton also has a wonderful art museum and was the home of the Wright Brothers.

Isn't it funny how we see and appreciate what we want to? :-/
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    I live in Portland, Maine, the land of rude tourists, eccentric foodies, f'd up seasons, and a bastion of hipsters that could rival the other Portland.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    I get the pleasure of living in Montana.... need I say more? :happy:
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Dayton Ohio.

In the short time I've been living here, we had a cop kill a guy in Wal-Mart for brandishing a BB gun, a kid stumble upon a hanging corpse in an abandoned house, an metro bus driver frame three black kids for attacking him on the job (claimed a bible stopped a gunshot or some nonsense like that) due to financial distress at home. And there's also a guy here with 27 kids by 17 mothers.

I love my new city.

Dayton also has a wonderful art museum and was the home of the Wright Brothers.

Isn't it funny how we each see and appreciate things differently? :-/
  • diespel
    diespel Posts: 700
    Montreal. World class city. amazing restaurants, party town. International Jazz Fest, Just for Laughs, Formula 1 race , Old Montreal, mountain (well, a giant hill) in the middle of the city, most bike paths in North America, outdoor terraces everywhere, 2 hour lunches, laid back attitude

google: Old Port, Mount Royal, Tam Tams, Night life
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. We have the highest tides in the World. The tides come in twice a day and our coastal scenery if phenomenal. Definitely recommend googling it and visiting if you can.
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Montreal. World class city. amazing restaurants, party town. International Jazz Fest, Just for Laughs, Formula 1 race , Old Montreal, mountain (well, a giant hill) in the middle of the city, most bike paths in North America, outdoor terraces everywhere, 2 hour lunches, laid back attitude

google: Old Port, Mount Royal, Tam Tams, Night life

I visited Mount Royal a couple summers ago I had a fantastic time in Montreal :)
  • LDSNANA
    LDSNANA Posts: 1 Member
    Rural Southern Ohio here, on a sheep and honeybee farm. I love having 4 seasons, and we're headed into my favorite season, Fall! Yay!