Guys perspective on low maintenance gym girls

14567810»

Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    It's probably been said, but I go to the gym after work, so I am made up when I get there....not much left when I leave though, it's on the towel I use :)
  • tez4prez
    tez4prez Posts: 3 Member
    I've been thinking the same thing so it's awesome to hear someone else say it!
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,260 Member
    I don't care. Either way I'm there for me.. make up, no make up, no problem.

I also don't care what the other girls are doing. They don't matter.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Yes, I'm the OP and I decided to come back and say thanks to all for weighing in with your opinions. I honestly didn't expect some of the responses BUT i respect everyone's opinions and my post was meant to be uplifting and empowering to us women. I should have originally said, the makeup thing is great IF you are in there working out and busting your butt, it's the hair/make-up walking around just looking pretty thing at 5:00 in the morning that I was meaning. So.... this morning I took a post workout pic, I did take my hair down for the picture but yes i'm sweaty and had a damn good workout. Rock on!

ry%3D400
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Why do you still think you're the arbiter of who's busting their butt or not?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I should have originally said, the makeup thing is great IF you are in there working out and busting your butt, it's the hair/make-up walking around just looking pretty thing at 5:00 in the morning that I was meaning.

Meh- still shouldn't matter- if that's their social hour- whatever- they pay to use the gym- they can pull out a tanning chair and read a book for all I care as long as they aren't near me or holding up equipment.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    I should have originally said, the makeup thing is great IF you are in there working out and busting your butt, it's the hair/make-up walking around just looking pretty thing at 5:00 in the morning that I was meaning.

Meh- still shouldn't matter- if that's their social hour- whatever- they pay to use the gym- they can pull out a tanning chair and read a book for all I care as long as they aren't near me or holding up equipment.

yep
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Its not even a good photoshop... you can see the curve of the stuff behind her left tit.

This man (and I use the term loosely) has deactivated his profile. What a tool.
  • I guess the only time I have makeup on ect. is when I go to the gym after work...by the end of working out though its a mess anyway lol...sexy right?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

She's of the impression that the backlash was about makeup when it's really about being sick of women judging other women. Basically instead of saying she was wrong she's like, "I'm not talking about y'all, I was talking about them other bishes"
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Dude, are you done yet, no i stand by my post sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way!

She's of the impression that the backlash was about makeup when it's really about being sick of women judging other women. Basically instead of saying she was wrong she's like, "I'm not talking about y'all, I was talking about them other bishes"
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    *shrugs*

Don't really care to be honest. I don't wear make-up around the house any way so it doesn't matter what time I go to the gym I don't have make-up on.

If I do it's because I was out at meetings and hit the gym afterwards and I'm not going to scrub my face prior to hitting the gym. Also my hair isn't done up because I shower after the gym.

Sure there are those girls -- where I workout it's mostly the teeny-bopper girls -- who have the full on make up, hair done up "just so" and are going through the motions of exercise while they whisper and giggle with each other. They typically don't stay a member at the gym very long. With that said it doesn't mean that someone else who comes in with their hair looking nice and make up on isn't working out hard because they look pretty.

I'm all for looking or feeling pretty no matter where you go and if someone putting on a bit of make up and doing their hair before they go to the gym makes them feel pretty then that's their choice.

I personally can't be bothered. I am NOT a morning person so my main focus when I go to the gym in the morning is:

1) Make sure I have gym clothes, more importantly SHORTS
    2) Coffee
    3) Trying not to murder my husband on the way to the gym

The last thing on my mind is putting on make up or even caring what other people at the gym are thinking about me. (Seriously, if I gave one iota about what people thought about me I'd never leave the house).