What item did you cut out that made a difference?

Replies

• Missboss888
    Missboss888 Posts: 41 Member
    I haven't cut out anything. But I do eat or drink way less than I used to. I could easily kill 5 slices of pizza and 10 wings. Now I'll just eat a slice and 4 wings and talk alot. By the time that slice is done I've eaten so slowly I'm full. Haha
  • Cookies..

If I eat one cookie I will eat the whole pack, easier to just not buy them :)

This.

Theres a sweet basket at work that everyone contributes to. If I have 1 thing, i'll get a taste for it and keep going back. They also make you so thirsty! So I have to avoid that like the plague.

Not to say I don't have sweet treats though - just when i can control the portion!

Also - ice lollies are a great low cal way to get that dessert kick when you want it. I like the 100% juice ones!
  • micheledavison39
    micheledavison39 Posts: 821 Member
    Chips, cookies and eating out every day. Chips & cookies for me are trigger foods and an open package is an empty package so I made the decision 2 months ago that I simply wouldn't buy them anymore and I have finally consistently been losing weight. I actually bought a bag of chips 3 days ago that are still sitting on my desk unopened and I really have no interest in them. I do make sure that there is room in my calories for chocolate though, I refuse to give that up. Even that I have cut back on though(not intentionally) and don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Eating out, the food just doesn't taste as good as I "remember" it being so that hasn't been any great loss either.
  • shemoves
    shemoves Posts: 11 Member
    High sodium NOODLES!
  • I gave up sugary treats all together. I stopped drinking crazy amounts of Diet Mt. Dew, I think the artificial sweetener in it was making me crave sweets, and I drink lots more water now in place of it. I cut out all fast food, except for Friday dinners where I will allow myself to have a dinner of my choice (this keeps me sane.) Logging my food has been the biggest helper for me though, you don't realize how many calories you actually consume until you start logging.
  • qotsagirl314
    qotsagirl314 Posts: 20 Member
    cereal
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    What item did you cut out that made a difference?

The ex-wife.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    potato chips and bread.

When I started logging I realized I was eating a ton of carbs. Cut these two things out and the macros started evening out a bit more.
  • i cut out nothing.... if it fits my cals i eat it :)
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Just stop going to buffet

Ssmi359.jpg
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Second helpings/multiple servings. My biggest derp was that I was eating things like chips, crackers, cookies, cereal, ice cream, pretzels, etc. directly from the package. Now I act like a civilized person, get a bowl, put my serving into it, take to couch, eat. If I really want another serving, I have to get my lazy butt off of the couch and go get more. Usually laziness wins.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Being a couch potato, blaming and bastardizing food.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Alcohol.
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    sodas and sweets, i work at a bakery so sometimes its hard, but i was eating way too much of it.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Over eating

29509743.png
  • Sim123one
    Sim123one Posts: 36 Member
    Bread!
  • dianaom
    dianaom Posts: 5 Member
    I gave up eating out all the time.

I don't particularly love cooking, so I enjoyed going out to eat at lunch and dinner time, and that always meant not really healthy options - lots of sushi, french fries, alcohol and/or sodas, dessert. I really like exercising and I have done it all my life (I started going to the gym when I was only 12), so I didn't gain a lot of weight, but I didn't lose it either. The problem was a few months ago, when things at the university were really crazy and I stopped exercising, gained 10 pounds of pure fat in 2 months and went crazy.

So I decided to change this habit, get thin and healthy this time, so I don't have to rely that much on exercise again - it should remain a form of pleasure for me, not an obligation. I'm trying to cook more at home and since I started logging my food I actually prefer it (restaurants don't really have a scale :tongue: )
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    cutting out processed pre packaged carbs like bread , pasta, cookies, crackers, which made me hungry within an hour of eating them and then I would crave more foods. I eat whole carbs now like oatmeal , sweet potato, or quinoa and in a small portion at that.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    I gave up GIVING UP.

Nothing else.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Sports drinks and protein bars loaded with sugar, which I ate a lot of every day. In many cases, you are just eating the equivalent of soda and candy bars.