40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• guardianwill
    guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to stop in and say Hi and introduce myself, Guardianwill here and the profile tells the rest. Hope to meet each of you. Have a great day!
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    43 here.

Now gitoffamylawn!!
  • sdelo7
    sdelo7 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    New here, living in Toronto. Real age 40 something, but still go by my pretend age of 35 (picture my 10 year old daughter's eye roll right here). Still cool right? ;-)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    New here, living in Toronto. Real age 40 something, but still go by my pretend age of 35 (picture my 10 year old daughter's eye roll right here). Still cool right? ;-)

Whatever works for you. When I turned 30, my Mamma called in to our local small town radio station to wish me a happy 30th birthday from my 29 year old Mamma. She was 62 at the time, but she was joking.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Larro
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Radimage, guardianwill and sccet welcome. It's good to get some more guys on here.

Larro
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Danke.

I've been on MFP for 2+ years and have lost 40 lbs on the scale and more fat. Trying to lose those last 5 for months... It's harder at 43 than at 23!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Whatever works for you. When I turned 30, my Mamma called in to our local small town radio station to wish me a happy 30th birthday from my 29 year old Mamma. She was 62 at the time, but she was joking.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Larro

LOL Larro my Mom still tells people she 29 and 396 months. Of course she's been divorced 4 times looking for husband #5
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    well not sure if Im one of the cool kids. but Im here. just been busy
  • Jett68
    Jett68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I want to be Cool Kid!! ????????????????????????????????
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    HEY HEY HEY...I had an awesome Zumba class tonight. Caramel, I thought of you because I am SORE from my leg workout yesterday!!! I decided to just get organized and even if tired and short on time in the morning I WILL do a lifting workout even if it is 20-30mins. I have been putting it off for too long now and I never get it done in the evening. I prefer to workout in the morning. The main problem has been my son's change of schedule this year. He gets picked up by the bus at 7:20am and have to start getting him ready NLT 6:30am. So I get up at 4:45, feed the dogs, prepare coffee and drink a cup with my husband before he leaves to work at 6am. So now I will get up at 4:45 feed the dogs, prepare the coffee for hubby but workout while he is getting ready, then breakfast, shower and get son ready...It has been worked the past two mornings and it feels sooooo good.

Sdereski, what a beautiful view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you guys post the pics? I forget...

Welcome to all the newcomers!!! :drinker: :drinker:

Kate, LOL too funny, with the pee :laugh: :noway: to be honest, that has happened to me. :grumble: :noway: :tongue: Yes, my daughter's name is Josselynn Giovanna I actually named her after a cousin I have in Panama. When I first met her in person I was only like 12 yrs old and loved the name and said to myself, if I have a daughter I will name her the same. :happy: I have always called her Jossie but she likes to call herself now Josselynn.

Good night!!! :flowerforyou:
  • radimage
    Options
    Thanks, larrodarro!

I do what I can. LOL!
  • radimage
    Options

Well...By being MY friend on here...you're on your way!

LMAO!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Larro - I love the birthday wish from your mom. :laugh:
    I used to tell people I was 15 when I had my son, now I just say I'm their older sister. :wink:

Had a wonderful "date" with my granddaughter. She did a nice long bike ride again. She was so cute, as I was about to head home, she looks at me, all serious and says "nonna, when you drive home be careful not to hit any animals so they won't die. You have to drive around them." :laugh: Guess she sees a fair bit of road kill on the roads.

She didn't go to dance when I was away. She told me she was "scared". Later on in our walk, we met up with a young girl that mentioned she was afraid of the dogs that lived in a nearby house. Esme pipes up and says "you know, it's okay to be scared sometime". :heart:

Got home and had a call for B&B. :happy: Went to iron my sheets, so I have them ready in case I get busy, and my iron died! :noway: It wasn't even a year old!! Man, they sure don't make them like they used to. :grumble:

Workout scheduled with my g/f at lunch today. Missed booty class last night because of my "date".
    Bridge tonight which means dessert, so need to be extra careful today.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Sdereski- Sounds like your day with your grand daughter was so much fun! Have fun with Bridge tonight!

Welcome to all of the new people!!

I did 30 day shred this morning. I have to say that for a short work out, it can be killer. I am always sweating my butt off when I am done! Jake came over to hang out with just Grammy for a couple of hours this morning. My husband's back was really bothering him and they started him on something different for the pain when we went to the doctor yesterday. He didn't know how he will respond to the new medication so he didn't want to take any chances. When I had to leave for work I dropped Jake off at his other grandmother's house. We had fun though. We painted and colored and play with cars and read books. Oh, and we went out and watched the school bus when it came to pick the kids up that live down the street. It's the highlight of his morning!!

Have a good day all!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning cool kids

Welcome to all newbies. We are a very interactive and supportive group.

I took a class last night called Building Brick Bodies. It is a 30 minute version of boot camp except you do each circuit every 45 seconds. I enjoyed the push-ups with a spiderman (my sarcasm at work). Tonight I meet with my trainer so that should be delightful. I want chocolate chip cookies with some almond milk. HMMMMMM

Sdereski--Beautiful picture and glad you had a good time with your friend. I love to hear your granddaughter stories. Have fun at bridge tonight.

Larro--Great photos as usual. The poor hogs have no idea they are on limited time. I am so happy there are more men that have joined. Do not get upset that you will no longer get all of the attention (LOL) :laugh:

Alf--Glad you had an awesome Zumba class. I understand about morning work outs. A morning work out energizes you for the day. I am more refreshed in the morning than working out in the evening.

Kate--I understand the C25k app is great. That's awesome you utilize machines. I am growing more and more interested in strong lifts and weight lifting overall.

KellySue--I hope your hubby get some relief soon. I love to hear Jake stories. I see running in his future for sure.

Have a great day everyone.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids. Hope all of you are doing well. I had big plans of getting some tractor work done today. But so far I haven't got further than the back porch when I fed Mocha and Midas. Maybe after lunch I will get inspired.

Today is Thursday, so here are my numbers.

22.2% Body Fat
    56.7% Body Water
    24.6 BMI
    176.3 Pounds

Same ole, same ole.

And what have I done this morning? Look below for the answer.

Larro

10676398_814902848554840_8300718172131842729_n.jpg?oh=50c61a89136f2069f89c9c94c92d3855&oe=54C36295&__gda__=1421781155_7985e181106b034441693eb3ac8ab62e
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Another great butt kicking workout. :happy:

Carmel - your workouts sound INTENSE!! You are one bada$$!! I mean that in a GOOD way. :happy:

Larro - good job getting the weights in.

Welcome to all the newcomers! :flowerforyou:
  • Jett68
    Jett68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Well...By being MY friend on here...you're on your way!

LMAO!

lol ???? Well if that's all it takes then I guess I'm going to be a really Cool Kid!!

I hope everyone has an awesome day today! Mine started out with a 40 minute run at six.... Well ok maybe it was more of a walk but that was pretty amazing for me since I'm not a morning exerciser unless I don't have to leave my bed. ????

I'm also giving low carb a try, any pointers on this peeps?
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Jett, three or four years ago when I got up to 250 pounds I tried the low carb thing, I cut back on bread, and ate tons of green beans, stir-fry veggies and the like. I lost weight, but gained most of it back when I backslid. This time around I didn't try any one diet, I just cut back on everything. I did try to go with leaner meats, and shy away from rice and potatoes. I'm at my goal weight now, but still eat a ton of the above mentioned veggies.

Larro
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello all
    I swam for the first time since my car accident in June sidelined me. It hurt but the same at the end as the beginning so that is a good sign. Back below the 160 watermark and logged 5 days in a row so maybe I am back on track?
    Anyway, goal of 150 before holidays would be a good short term. Hoping my big 40th party doesn't pack on too much. With the success yesterday may try to swim in the morning and bank calories for the evening :-)
    Great work on all the workouts. You guys are inspiring.