"H20" Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra Pounds Week 1

Options

Replies

• maytanewfie
    Options
    Hi, I'm in for this one. As luck would have it I just weighed and did body fat and BMI this morning. I love the list of challenges, lots to work on and stay focused (I have a bad habit of starting all focused and commited, and flaking off in a week or two) I have really bad knees, so can I use miles paddling an outrigger canoe, and riding to an exercise bike to count toward my miles? I'm tring to use the elliptical more, but it all depends on my knees. I'll try for a cummulative total of 100miles for various activities. I started teh new year at 220, and today was 204.8. BMI today is 30.2, and body fat was 35%. I'm off to drink some water!!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Love the new challenge name! Thanks for putting it together, April. Welcome to all the new participants. This is definitely a great group of gals. :)

As stated in the VD challenge, I will post my weight this evening.

Onto the challenges:

I CHALLENGE YOU TO:
    Walk or Run 100 Miles over the next 10 weeks. You may do this outside, or on a treadmill. This is doable lets do it..

DONE! I'm going to find a ticker to add to my sig for this as well. If anybody has any suggestions, I would be grateful if you can share. :-)

CHALLENGE 1 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - UP YOUR WATER INTAKE THIS WEEK. IF YOU DONT LIKE PLAIN WATER, FIND A WAY TO GET IT IN. IT IS ESSENTIAL TO DRINK ATLEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER DAILY. JUST DONT FLOAT AWAY..

I'll see what can I do. I average 12 cups on weekdays so we'll see if I can fit just one more cup in - or at least try to get to 12 on the weekends.

CHALLENGE 2 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - CHOOSE ONE ALTERNATIVE TO SOMETHING "UNHEALTHY" FOR YOU. FIND A "HEALTHIER" ALTERNATIVE TO EATING, DRINKING, OR EVEN A LIFESTYLE YOU MAY BE LIVING. THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT YOU CAN CHANGE TO MAKE IT HEALTHIER.

Hmm...I'll have to think about this one. If I do come across something during the week, I'll post.

CHALLENGE 3 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - THIS WEEK, WHEN YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT PUTTING SOMETHING IN YOUR MOUTH, THAT WILL EFFECT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS, YOUR INTAKE FOR THE DAY, OR PUT YOU OVER. I WANT YOU TO WRITE WHY YOU ARE ABOUT TO EAT OR DRINK THAT. AND I WANT YOU TO PUT HOW YOU FEEL AFTER YOU HAVE ATE IT. YOU HAVE TO TAKE ACTIONS FOR WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR BODY, MAYBE IF YOU HAVE TO WRITE IT DOWN, MAYBE YOU WILL BE LEAST LIKELY TO GRAB IT. INSTEAD OF GRABBING THAT POP BECAUSE ITS CLOSER. INSTEAD OF EATING THOSE POTATO CHIPS,GRAB FRUIT OR A VEGGIE. WRITE IT DOWN IF YOU SHOULDNT HAVE ATE IT. WE ALL HAVE OUR FAULTS LETS LESSEN THE CHANCES OF THEM HAPPENING.

This is done. I was surprised to a Sunday brunch yesterday for V Day. So, that's why I ate and drank what I did. It was TOO bad, though I had two waffles and this yummy seafood dip they make. Mmmm. I didn't feel any ways after I ate it. It was a treat and I was spending time with my S.O. :-)

CHALLENGE 4 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - WORK ON STRENGTH TRAINING ATLEAST TWICE THIS WEEK. IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING SOME EFFECTIVE STRENGTH TRAINING SEARCH ON GOOGLE OR ON YOUTUBE, YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING.

Maybe I'll try to download something from On Demand and do it twice on my rest days from EASA2.

CHALLENGE 5 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - TAKE A PICTURE OF YOURSELF, YOU DONT HAVE TO POST IT, BUT KEEP IT FOR THE END OF THE CHALLENGE. LETS SEE HOW WELL WE DO BY THE END. IM SURE WE WILL SEE RESULTS. FULL BODY, OR UPPER BODY WHICHEVER YOU CHOOSE. ITS SOMETHING THAT MAY HELP MOTIVATE YOU.

I do this already. I've been documenting my weekly progress through photographs.

CHALLENGE 6 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - HIDE YOUR SCALE FOR WEEK. WE OFTEN OBSESS OVER HOW MUCH WEVE LOST. SOMETIMES WE FORGET JUST BECAUSE WE DONT SEE A NUMBER ON THE SCALE, THAT WE HAVE SOME KIND OF A VICTORY. I WANT YOU TO HIDE YOUR SCALE FOR 7 DAYS AFTER ADDING YOUR STARTING WEIGHT. DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF. REMEMBER TO DISCIPLINE YOURSELF AND LETS SEE WHAT THAT CAN DO FOR YOU. OBSESSING OVER THAT NUMBER DAILY OR EVERY OTHER DAY ISNT GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. YOU CAN DO THIS!

I'm definitely not a slave to the scale so this one is easy. I only weigh once a week to update my weight on the site.

WHO IS YOUR WEIGHT LOSS ROLE MODEL AND WHY? WHO DO YOU OR WOULD YOU LIKE TO LOOK UP TO.

Honestly, I don't have one. I do look at the B&A pics on here and am inspired by the hard work of "regular" people.
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. :smile:

I am a mommy to 5 great kids ages 6 and under. I would like to lose about 30 pounds. I'll see when I get there if I want to lose more. :wink: Our fifth baby is 3 months old this week and I'd really like to start making tracks on losing some of this weight.

Thanks for this challenge.

I'll do my best to walk 100 miles. I already drink a lot of water, so I should be able to keep that one up. The only challenge that I won't be able to do is the strength training, but I'm looking forward to doing the others. The scales will be hard for me, but I'll try to not get on them for a week. :happy:

I'll weigh in the morning and post my weight then.

Thanks for your hard work.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Look forward to getting to know you too April. :p

I have had a rough 4 years and have pretty much given up on myself. I am working to get that back. I love healthy eating, just cant afford to do much of it.

Im starting today as the biggest person here. But I have succeeded in my mission and feel like death is knocking. Closer than anyone else can know. People look at my age, but weight kills. And Ive been fat a long time.

Starting weight: 385 (last weigh in at the hospital)
    Goal: 170 -180

I CHALLENGE YOU TO:
    Walk or Run 100 Miles over the next 10 weeks. You may do this outside, or on a treadmill. This is doable lets do it..

I can walk. Im not one of those that let my weight be an excuse not to at least be able to walk. I hate weather and may have to figure something else out when its too cold for my ankle to function, but I can do my best with this. And if I fall short.... At least I tried and went as far as my body is able to.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO:
    20 Hours of stationary boxing over the next 10 weeks, that amounts to 2 hours a week. You can do this standing up, sitting down, I dont care. As long as you get that heart rate up. This is doable, even if you have to push yourself.. lets do this..

This on the days my leg doesn't function. I like to work both upper and lower body so this is absolutely doable. I am unfortunately at home all the time, so there is no reason not to be able to do it.

WHAT IS ONE THING YOU STRUGGLE WITH THE MOST, AND WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO FIX IT? It is said that it takes 30 days to break a habit, maybe you can break a struggle within the next 70 days. We are here for YOU..

I struggle with emo eating. When I am mad, I eat. When Im upset, I eat... ETC.. And I tend to be in these states most of the time. I am bipolar and major depressive disorder so I struggle a lot with this.

What Im going to do, I am back on my welbutrin and zoloft and am feeling calmer. Going to try not to take things so seriously and figure out how to deal with all that I have going on. Wish I had one of those stand up punching dummies and some boxing gloves. Seriously.

CHALLENGE 1 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - UP YOUR WATER INTAKE THIS WEEK. IF YOU DONT LIKE PLAIN WATER, FIND A WAY TO GET IT IN. IT IS ESSENTIAL TO DRINK ATLEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER DAILY. JUST DONT FLOAT AWAY..

I drink tea and water. Rarely soda. Ive been doing this for years.

CHALLENGE 2 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - CHOOSE ONE ALTERNATIVE TO SOMETHING "UNHEALTHY" FOR YOU. FIND A "HEALTHIER" ALTERNATIVE TO EATING, DRINKING, OR EVEN A LIFESTYLE YOU MAY BE LIVING. THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT YOU CAN CHANGE TO MAKE IT HEALTHIER.

I have been trying to get some healthier foods into my house. Trying vegetarian meals and finding new recipes to try when I can.

CHALLENGE 3 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - THIS WEEK, WHEN YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT PUTTING SOMETHING IN YOUR MOUTH, THAT WILL EFFECT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS, YOUR INTAKE FOR THE DAY, OR PUT YOU OVER. I WANT YOU TO WRITE WHY YOU ARE ABOUT TO EAT OR DRINK THAT. AND I WANT YOU TO PUT HOW YOU FEEL AFTER YOU HAVE ATE IT. YOU HAVE TO TAKE ACTIONS FOR WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR BODY, MAYBE IF YOU HAVE TO WRITE IT DOWN, MAYBE YOU WILL BE LEAST LIKELY TO GRAB IT. INSTEAD OF GRABBING THAT POP BECAUSE ITS CLOSER. INSTEAD OF EATING THOSE POTATO CHIPS,GRAB FRUIT OR A VEGGIE. WRITE IT DOWN IF YOU SHOULDNT HAVE ATE IT. WE ALL HAVE OUR FAULTS LETS LESSEN THE CHANCES OF THEM HAPPENING.

My downfall WILL be chocolate. I always find something chocolate to stuff in my mouth. lol. Good news is groceries are going bye bye at the speed of light and Im not sure when Ill be able to buy anything beyond the extreme basics. At least until the next couple of months are over.

CHALLENGE 4 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - WORK ON STRENGTH TRAINING ATLEAST TWICE THIS WEEK. IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING SOME EFFECTIVE STRENGTH TRAINING SEARCH ON GOOGLE OR ON YOUTUBE, YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING.

i think the boxing is strength training so got that covered.

CHALLENGE 5 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - TAKE A PICTURE OF YOURSELF, YOU DONT HAVE TO POST IT, BUT KEEP IT FOR THE END OF THE CHALLENGE. LETS SEE HOW WELL WE DO BY THE END. IM SURE WE WILL SEE RESULTS. FULL BODY, OR UPPER BODY WHICHEVER YOU CHOOSE. ITS SOMETHING THAT MAY HELP MOTIVATE YOU.

i have recent pics that a friend took but I dont know how to pilfer photos off Facebook now that they changed the format

CHALLENGE 6 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - HIDE YOUR SCALE FOR WEEK. WE OFTEN OBSESS OVER HOW MUCH WEVE LOST. SOMETIMES WE FORGET JUST BECAUSE WE DONT SEE A NUMBER ON THE SCALE, THAT WE HAVE SOME KIND OF A VICTORY. I WANT YOU TO HIDE YOUR SCALE FOR 7 DAYS AFTER ADDING YOUR STARTING WEIGHT. DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF. REMEMBER TO DISCIPLINE YOURSELF AND LETS SEE WHAT THAT CAN DO FOR YOU. OBSESSING OVER THAT NUMBER DAILY OR EVERY OTHER DAY ISNT GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. YOU CAN DO THIS!

i have no scale. Dunno how Im even going to be accountable, but thems the breaks.
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm SO looking forward to another fresh start. I think I did okay with the last challenge - 6 out of 7 of the pounds, but I'm ready for some REAL progress. I intend to lose around 20 lbs in 10 weeks. Doable!!

I'm headed off to work right now, but looking for my pedometer so I can start walking those 100 miles. Somewhere there is also a government website where you can put in your miles walked/biked/swam, etc and it shows you how far across America you've walked. I think I'm still in Virginia. I'll find it and report back. :-)

Anyone know any good shadow boxing videos? I'm going to try and find one on youtube.

Challenge 1: WATER! More of it!!
    Challenge 2: I am starting to make healthier choices by taking a salad with me to work for dinner... rather than cafeteria food or something less healthy.
    Challenge 3: As I was reading about writing down why we put things in our mouth - I almost had an unwrapped candy all ready to pop in. Yum! But then I put it down and evaluated it. I'm just craving sugar because I'm having a bit of a down day... not worth the excess calories, so there it remains.
    Challenge 4: I'm using the 100 pushups/situps apps on my iphone. Hoping to work up to being able to do both!!

Let's do this! :-)
  • shanna5
    Options
    Hi! If it's not too late, I'd like to join the challenge. I am a SAHM with three daughters (7,4 & 2). I have 7-10 pounds that I'd like to lose and have been stuck at my current weight for a few months now :( Hopefully this challenge will get me to where I want to be for spring!

Sorry if I missed it, but what are the weigh in days?

SW: 139
    Goal: btwn 130 & 132
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Howdy. My name is Liz. I have another Easter Challenge so this will help me as well.
    I had major knee surgery about 3 months ago and my doc just told me I can jog, so I will work hard on the 100 miles (mostly walking I'm sure).
    I have been working hard on getting my leg muscles back into shape, so I haven't been losing weight really. But I think I finally reached a point last week and I've been losing.
    Today I was at 153 (actually 152.6, but I'm rounding up lately). My goal by Easter is 140, which was my weight before the string of knee injuries.
    I'm actually ahead of this game. I took pictures last week, and I've given up drinking for the month of February (mostly)! Now I just need to hide my scale. That will be tough...
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Im not sure how this works. Where we post our progress or whatnot, but I just said no to chocolate twice. Thats amazing. Baby steps. And it was SO hard to say no to the second offer cuz my son really wanted me to taste the candy bar they made in his class today for Valentines day. I almost did but changed my mind and played it up that he should eat it and maybe share with his sister. lol.

ETA: I did however take a pic for posterity. lmbo.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So excited for another H20 Challenge!

My birthday is shortly after Easter, and I would love to be a few lbs down for it!

Challenge SW: 234
    Challenge GW: 225

I think that is a reasonable goal, and even though I am of course hoping to blow it away, I will be very pleased if I make it there in the 70 days. I haven't weighed in since Saturday and won't again till probably Friday or Saturday of this week as Hubs has hidden my scale so I don't obsess. I guess that means I'm rocking one of the challenges! :smile:

I'm excited about your challenges April! I have to look through them and give them some thought. In the meantime, I am already working on the 100 miles, I did 1.63 this morning! I was so excited, I jogged the whole way, no stopping and it was hilly! WOOT! That was a serious moral victory.

Thanks for the awesome H20 Eggstra Pounds group badge! It's awesome!
  • roboray
    roboray Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!! Can't wait to start the new challenge. I really appreciate all that goes into setting this group up. I'm at work and gotta dash, I'll post a little later tonight. Lets do it!!!

SW 155.4
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Im not sure how this works. Where we post our progress or whatnot, but I just said no to chocolate twice. Thats amazing. Baby steps. And it was SO hard to say no to the second offer cuz my son really wanted me to taste the candy bar they made in his class today for Valentines day. I almost did but changed my mind and played it up that he should eat it and maybe share with his sister. lol.

ETA: I did however take a pic for posterity. lmbo.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Im off to work until 930, when i get home ill catch up on all the posts and finally post my weight ect.. :) i was going to earlier but hubby took me out for lunch.. for valentines day.. that was sweet of him.. have a good day.. and ill talk to you all later.. ;)
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Nice graphic Bru! Thanks for the link.
    I am off to take my daughter to practice putting in contacts, then home for dinner...and a walk! Gotta start those 100 miles somewhere!

SW 208 (yeah, I gained some)
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Starting weight is 173.5.
  • chatnoire
    chatnoire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Day one: Walked my miles, and drank my water....more than enough water! I feel all bloated and icky though. I am wondering about doing a body cleanse/flush sort of thing. Anyone done one of these?
  • AprilVal
    Options
    My personal goal for this challenge is to be out of the 300's for good. I am hoping to be in the 280's if not high 270's. I am sick of the 200's and 300's playing ping pong with me.. my goodness. im soo done with it.. ;)

SW:301
    Wk 1:301
    GW: 280

I CHALLENGE YOU TO:
    Walk or Run 100 Miles over the next 10 weeks. You may do this outside, or on a treadmill. This is doable lets do it.. (I am going to start walk when its warm, hoping to get some walking in this week.. Along with the 100 miles walked, im going to do 100 miles on the stationary bike between now and easter)

I CHALLENGE YOU TO:
    20 Hours of stationary boxing over the next 10 weeks, that amounts to 2 hours a week. You can do this standing up, sitting down, I dont care. As long as you get that heart rate up. This is doable, even if you have to push yourself.. lets do this.. (im going to do this one too)

WHAT IS ONE THING YOU STRUGGLE WITH THE MOST, AND WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO FIX IT? I struggle with what i eat. I often find myself slipping. i give into the goodies they have laying before me at work. I have to give them up. i just have to..

CHALLENGE 1 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - UP YOUR WATER INTAKE THIS WEEK. IF YOU DONT LIKE PLAIN WATER, FIND A WAY TO GET IT IN. IT IS ESSENTIAL TO DRINK ATLEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER DAILY. JUST DONT FLOAT AWAY.. (Im going ot make sure I get ATLEAST 10 glasses of water a day)

CHALLENGE 2 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - CHOOSE ONE ALTERNATIVE TO SOMETHING "UNHEALTHY" FOR YOU. FIND A "HEALTHIER" ALTERNATIVE TO EATING, DRINKING, OR EVEN A LIFESTYLE YOU MAY BE LIVING. THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT YOU CAN CHANGE TO MAKE IT HEALTHIER. (sleeping habits, i sleep too long. and eating habits. at work i often get things out of the vending macine. going to start using my dark chocolate almonds instead of greasy, bad choices)

CHALLENGE 3 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - THIS WEEK, WHEN YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT PUTTING SOMETHING IN YOUR MOUTH, THAT WILL EFFECT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS, YOUR INTAKE FOR THE DAY, OR PUT YOU OVER. I WANT YOU TO WRITE WHY YOU ARE ABOUT TO EAT OR DRINK THAT. AND I WANT YOU TO PUT HOW YOU FEEL AFTER YOU HAVE ATE IT. YOU HAVE TO TAKE ACTIONS FOR WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR BODY, MAYBE IF YOU HAVE TO WRITE IT DOWN, MAYBE YOU WILL BE LEAST LIKELY TO GRAB IT. INSTEAD OF GRABBING THAT POP BECAUSE ITS CLOSER. INSTEAD OF EATING THOSE POTATO CHIPS,GRAB FRUIT OR A VEGGIE. WRITE IT DOWN IF YOU SHOULDNT HAVE ATE IT. WE ALL HAVE OUR FAULTS LETS LESSEN THE CHANCES OF THEM HAPPENING. (I need to do this)

CHALLENGE 4 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - WORK ON STRENGTH TRAINING ATLEAST TWICE THIS WEEK. IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING SOME EFFECTIVE STRENGTH TRAINING SEARCH ON GOOGLE OR ON YOUTUBE, YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING. (going to do some strength training on the Wii this week..)

CHALLENGE 5 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - TAKE A PICTURE OF YOURSELF, YOU DONT HAVE TO POST IT, BUT KEEP IT FOR THE END OF THE CHALLENGE. LETS SEE HOW WELL WE DO BY THE END. IM SURE WE WILL SEE RESULTS. FULL BODY, OR UPPER BODY WHICHEVER YOU CHOOSE. ITS SOMETHING THAT MAY HELP MOTIVATE YOU. (Ill take my bathroom pose picture soon.. keep it for the duration of the challenge. I may or may not upload it into my pictures)

CHALLENGE 6 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - HIDE YOUR SCALE FOR WEEK. WE OFTEN OBSESS OVER HOW MUCH WEVE LOST. SOMETIMES WE FORGET JUST BECAUSE WE DONT SEE A NUMBER ON THE SCALE, THAT WE HAVE SOME KIND OF A VICTORY. I WANT YOU TO HIDE YOUR SCALE FOR 7 DAYS AFTER ADDING YOUR STARTING WEIGHT. DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF. REMEMBER TO DISCIPLINE YOURSELF AND LETS SEE WHAT THAT CAN DO FOR YOU. OBSESSING OVER THAT NUMBER DAILY OR EVERY OTHER DAY ISNT GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. YOU CAN DO THIS! (my scale is my wii fit, so i wont weigh myself on it if i use it, i will skip where id have to weigh in.)

WHO IS YOUR WEIGHT LOSS ROLE MODEL AND WHY? WHO DO YOU OR WOULD YOU LIKE TO LOOK UP TO. I currently dont have one, hoping to find one along the way.. i often turn to my best friend chandra whos been on a weight loss journey as well.. shes done soo well.. but i dont know who i look up to yet.. :) maybe ill ask this question again at the end of the challenge.
  • AprilVal
    Options
    @Chantal - Youre welcome.. im glad you love the name, and the challenges.. Im sure you will enjoy them.. looking forward to seeing what we can do.. ;)
    @Casey - youre welcome.. Im happy to see the appreciation.. i am hoping the 100 miles will help get you ready for your half marathon.. :) i hope you continue to enjoy the challenges. I work hard every week to try to get them together.. its hard finding new things to do.
    @Fitterpam- I hope you do better with this one hun.. i hope we all do.. happy to see you like the 100 miles.. :) i figured it was something doable for most of us.. :) hope you can do the 5k this year as well.. I think you got it in you hun..
    @elmct- happy to see you in here. hoping that we can get some challenges along the way that will help you. with your back injuries. if you have any suggestions please do send me a message.. i would appreciate them. hope you get motivated like you want.. :)
    @jsecret- yep another H20 challenge. it has came along way.. im happy to see those who have stuck it out with me.. im so grateful for that, as i am grateful to see new faces.. i hope you enjoy this challenge as much as the ones in the past.. :) thank you for your ongoing support.. :)
    @Bru- Hope you enjoy this challenge. i know youve been going thru alot of stuff here lately. I hope everything gets better so you can get yourself back on track. The extra stress, and issues cant help any. Just remember there are beneficial ways to deal with the issues.. ;) exercise, box.. do something.. ;) And thank you sooo much for helping with the graphic this time.. I appreciate the help..
    @linemansgirl- Welcome.. look forward to getting to know you. :) And im happy to see you join our challenges.. and i hope you like the ones that are yet to come. ;)
    @pinky- Thanks for getting the google spreadsheet up for us.. :) I appreciate your help.. I <3 it..
    @Angie- Welcome. nice to meet you.. hope you find the group beneficial to you.. ;) if you ever have any ideas please do share.. :)
    @Ceelovejay- Youre welcome. Im happy you love the challenges again.. ;) Looking forward to seeing what we can do.. Again.. :)
    @Crystals- Welcome, and happy to see you joining the Challenge with us.. there will be many challenges to come. if you have any suggestions just message me.. :) I hope you enjoy the challenges and the group of ladies we have in here.. VERY supportive..
    @Tannie - Im happy to see you joined.. :) When the weather warms up ill try to come see you once every couple weeks to go do something.. ;) to be more active together.. ;) love ya sis!!
    @violet- happy to see youre ready for the new challenge.. happy to see you have made it to yet another h20 challenge.. ;)<3 it..
    @shanna- its never too late to join my group.. never ever ever.. ;) welcome.. hope you enjoy it.. were lots of fun.. if you have any questoins or anything dont be afraid to ask.. :)
    @liz- happy to see you joining us.. i hope you can get into jogging a little bit at a time.. take it easy, dont want to have an injury to where you cant do anything at all.. :) looking forward to getting to know you.. :)
    @Ashley- im happy to see you back for another h20 challenge.. I love seeing familiar faces.. ;) and new ones too.. i hope you enjoy the challenges.. hope you can reach your goal weight by your bday.. ;)
    @roboray- welcome back. youre welcome.. looking forward to seeing what we can do this challenge.. :)
    @nursee- thank your daughter for us for the group name.. ;) i appreciate her idea.. ;)
    @Chatnoire- ive never tried the cleanse thing.. weve had people in the group do that before.. some get upset because its not the "natural" way to do it.. but this time where not doing a set number of pounds so do what you want.. but do your homework before even trying it. dont want it to harm you..

WHEW.. that was a chore and a half.. got my work accomplished for the night.. Stayed up an extra hour to get everyone replied to on here.. good night.. wow.. i cant believe were at 3 pages already and were only on the 2nd day of week 1.. ;) Thank you all for making this group & challenge work..
  • sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I would love to join you with this challenge. I have been using MFP for tracking food and exercise but I haven't joined any challenges. I really need to work on what my slip ups are and what causes them. I really blew it last week. I will weigh in in the morning and post a recent pict.
    I will go for the 20 hrs of bike and 100 miles. I want to start the C25k again. I had a knee injury that keeps preventing me from getting to far with it.

See ya tomorrow!!!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    OK! Here's the updated Team H20 website:

http://teamh20.webs.com

Enjoy!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Nikstergirl, chatnoire, sonybalony, Alegria79, ladybu6205, ladyknuckles, tessamarue, linemansgirl, AngelaMichellex, maytanewfie, CrystalS, tanniew78, shanna5, lizard9800, and sameantha!

Nikstergirl, so cool to hear of your C25K success! I'm just starting the program, working towards my first 5K. You're an inspiration!

chatnoire, having access to a gym is such a great thing. I'm sure you're going to find great success here! Good job getting your miles and water in. I've never done a cleanse/flush thing, but had a friend who did a fruit and veggie cleanse and LOVED it. I think it was a one or two week program, and she said she felt great after the completed it, but the major downfall was the cost of all the fresh produce.

Nursee, you're smart, I should be printing out these opening posts. I always forget the weekly challenge points and just skirt along. Oh gosh, learning how to put contacts in...hopefully your daughter is a natural at it!

sonybalony, wow you're a busy lady. Congrats on your 6.5 inches gone already! That's phenomenal!

Alegria79, welcome to H20. Not drinking soda for 70 days is a great challenge. As a Diet Coke addict, I'm impressed! We'll all be rooting for you. And congrats on the drop in body fat! You're more than halfway to your goal!

bjshooter, you being a healthy happy mama on your daughter's birthday is a great gift!!

laduby6205, you sound like a really strong individual. We're all going to be here, ready to help you if/when you encounter a stressful day in the divorce process. Keep that smile going!

ladyknuckles, good luck with your weigh-in and measurements.

emilysebastian, hi again! Where in WA are you moving to? I went to Seattle on vacay and LOVED LOVED it.

tessamarue, so happy to have your first MFP post be in H20! Welcome! You're going to have an amazing journey here. WTG on switching out soda for bubbly water! Like I said to someone else, I'm a major Diet Coke fan, but once you stop keeping it in the house and have bubbly water there waiting for you instead, you'll start craving that.

chantal, YAY for being in the 200's!

casey_when_u_go, yeah be careful with that weighing every day thing. It can definitely burn you our.

fitterpam, isn't it crazy how this challenge has taken off?! Great job on making your goal for the Valentine's challenge. Smart idea adding in your Lent cut-out. California Roll Fridays are back in town!

elmct57, welcome back!

jsecret, you're just going to blow the lid off of this challenge, I know it!

bru, thanks for making the new logo.

linemansgirl, good for you for commiting to losing weight the healthy way this time! And right on for not letting the daily ups and downs of the scale affect you. I'll hop on two or three times a week, any more than that and I'll start obsessing and get on a couple times a day. :laugh: OCD much?

AngelaMichellex, welcome!

maytanewfie, please feel free to friend me if you'd like, so I can help keep you committed to your cause and keep you active in the challenge. :) And look at you go, you're already 16 pounds down from January! That's rockin'!

ceelovejay, hi again! OH I FINALLY got my hands on the Katy Perry polish...except for the shatter. Stupid beauty store never called me about my "on hold" set and I ended up with mini bottles for the four Katy colors, but that's OK. If I fall in love with any of the small ones I'll buy a full-sized, but I'm FOR SURE going to get a big shatter...just have to track it down. Oy.

CrystalS, congrats on your new baby and welcome to the group!

tanniew78, healthy eating really is expensive, unfortunately. The fact that good for you foods are costly is something that I really think has messed up our country, but hey, that's another discussion. Emotional eating is SO hard to avoid, but I'm sure you'll find a way to do something else to take your mind off of what you're mulling over at the moment. Oh, and for the chocolate, go ahead and have your daily dose of chocolate, but eat dark chocolate. Better for you! Always come in here the weekly thread to share whatever you're going through in the challenge. Saying no to chocolate, twice, and from you KID...wow! That's willpower!

violet_820, 20 pounds in 10 weeks - you've SO got this! And nice job on re-evaluating if you needed that chocolate bar. Smartie!

shanna5, it is never to late to join this group! Welcome! Weigh in whatever day is good for your schedule, just be sure to share your success. :)

lizard9800, you can totally tackle 13 pounds in 10 weeks. You're stronger than me - I don't think I could ever voluntarily give up drinking for a full month! Put the scale somewhere that isn't easy to get to. Like, find a carpeted room that has a high shelf that you can stick it on, so when you wanna use it you need to yank it down and then go find your room with a hard-surface flooring.

ashley0616, howdy howdy. You're going to give yourself a great birthday present!

roboray, hiya!

sameantha, welcome to H20! Having the support of a group is SUCH a helpful thing!

AprilVal, you're an inspiration to so many, and you're always there to lend a shoulder to cry on or a helping hand. Just keep focused and don't get discouraged! You'll make it into the 280's before you know it. Keep that positivity going!

*PHEW!!!*

I'm so thrilled to see our group thriving! How is it already February?! We've been together since August/Sept, right? Almost 6 months of H20 awesomeness!

As for me, I really stumbled along in the Valentine's challenge and lost about 2 pounds. I think I've fixed that plateau by altering my caloric intake and now I'm feeling confident that I can get back on the weight loss train.

SW - 173.4
    W1 - I weighed unofficially 2/14 (but logged it 'cause it made me feel good) - official weight on Wednesday!