Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 45

Options
I am doing good other than the fact my whole household has been plagued with a virus these past few days and I am trying to fight whatever I am getting so I can take care of my family but its hard and I think the virus is winning.I almost had gotten rid of the croopy cough with my youngest and now she has some sort of stomach virus as well.BLAH!! I hope we all get better soon .I haven't had a second to get sick because I have been taking care of everyone else here between the 3 trips to Urgent Care and cleaning house washing clothes and staying up all night with my babies to make sure there ok (even the big one yes my hubby was sick too)I need a vacation.

Replies

• fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    That sounds crazy. i hope you all feel better soon!
  • bordersvm
    Options
    :huh: I know EXACTLY what you are going through! My kids had the flu last week...ALL WEEK LONG! I started experiencing symptoms as well along with NO sleep due to washing sheets, cleaning, taking temps constantly, giving cool baths to bring down HI temps, and putting cool compresses on my daughter, alternating motrin and tylenol to try to get the HI temps down, and worrying about them being sick. The doc prescribed Tamiflu for me since I'm about to have surgery on Monday next week. I'm feeling a little better. My advice to you is rest when you can and take care of you and the kids. Wipe things down with Lysol and disinfect surfaces. I hope your household gets better soon!! . The virus takes time to go away, unfortunately, but... There is light and rest at the end of the week :wink: !!

Sincerely,
    Me
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    For later :)
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    :huh: I know EXACTLY what you are going through! My kids had the flu last week...ALL WEEK LONG! I started experiencing symptoms as well along with NO sleep due to washing sheets, cleaning, taking temps constantly, giving cool baths to bring down HI temps, and putting cool compresses on my daughter, alternating motrin and tylenol to try to get the HI temps down, and worrying about them being sick. The doc prescribed Tamiflu for me since I'm about to have surgery on Monday next week. I'm feeling a little better. My advice to you is rest when you can and take care of you and the kids. Wipe things down with Lysol and disinfect surfaces. I hope your household gets better soon!! . The virus takes time to go away, unfortunately, but... There is light and rest at the end of the week :wink: !!

Sincerely,
    Me
    Thanks!! I have been disinfecting everything non stop lol.They don't have the flu but its some other type of virus so I pray it goes away soon.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Ann, Thanks for the new thread!

I hope those who are sick feel and get better soon..

I will be back later.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Ann-Thanks for the thread. Hope your family gets better soon. I can imagine how much you are in need of a vacation!!

Okay ladies....I'm re focused and ready to go. I have a game play and I'm here to tell you my plan.
    205 by March 18th
    199-April 16th
    My goal is to not eat out for lunch during the week. This is something I have gotten really bad about. I haven't been planning and I've been eating out for too many meals a day. I will allow myself 1 lunch a week and that's if and only if it's with the boy. Workout 5 days a week. If I want to indluge in something I have to earn it at the gym. I'm going out to dinner tonight for my sisters birthday so I have commited to goign to the gym on my way home. No if's ands or butts. I MUST go! Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day minimum! I need to be checking in daily. If you don't see me checking in please hunt me down! :bigsmile:

Anything anybody things I should add or change please feel free. I'm open to suggestions!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Ann-Thanks for the thread. Hope your family gets better soon. I can imagine how much you are in need of a vacation!!

Okay ladies....I'm re focused and ready to go. I have a game play and I'm here to tell you my plan.
    205 by March 18th
    199-April 16th
    My goal is to not eat out for lunch during the week. This is something I have gotten really bad about. I haven't been planning and I've been eating out for too many meals a day. I will allow myself 1 lunch a week and that's if and only if it's with the boy. Workout 5 days a week. If I want to indluge in something I have to earn it at the gym. I'm going out to dinner tonight for my sisters birthday so I have commited to goign to the gym on my way home. No if's ands or butts. I MUST go! Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day minimum! I need to be checking in daily. If you don't see me checking in please hunt me down! :bigsmile:

Anything anybody things I should add or change please feel free. I'm open to suggestions!
    Sounds like a great plan to me !!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ann, so sorry you're dealing with all that illness. 3 trips to urgent care sounds awful!
    Jess, think it sounds like a good plan. I think you'll also be excited to see how much money you save! I've been making large pot meals and then portioning for the week. I know what's going in the food and it's so much cheaper! This week I haven't had time to make food, so I think today is going to be a buy some curry and stretch it for 3 days kind of day!
    Teresa, sounds like good news on the interview front!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Lauren-That's kind of what I'm hoping is to save money as well! I've been spending too much on food and I would like to spend it elsewhere. And I need to start saving more and stop all my frivlious spending.

I know some of you said you journal things regarding your weight loss and mood? I'm not sure who it was but I was thinking about doing something similar. See if I can figure out where my bad habits come in and get me off track. What kind of things do you journal? If you want you can PM me. I would really appreciate it!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    saving for later :)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Ann: Sorry it's been so germy and hectic at your household. I hope everyone gets well soon.

Allison: Glad your mom is doing well after her gallbladder removal.

Jess: I do some journaling. I try to just do an overview of my day, how I was feeling and any random thoughts. It gives me something to look back at when I have a bad week because I can figure out how/if my thoughts affected my eating. I also write about my exercise and such. Just anything that will make you feel better or help you determine patterns. For me, it's relaxing and cathartic to do it when I'm ready for bed. Oh, and using fun colored pens makes me feel better if I'm bummed! A friend said she buys smiley face stickers and puts them on the page when she's had a good day or accomplished something positive. Make it yours!

Yesterday was a lovely Valentine's Day. The bf and I don't exchange gifts, so we just spend time together. He cooked a delicious, healthy dinner while I worked out. The meal was Tex Mex Chicken from Men's Health, which is one of our favorites and so good for you. Then, we took a shower and had Dairy Queen for dinner and watched a movie about National Parks. We didn't even end up opening the bottle of wine we intended on having; we just drank water instead. It was so relaxing and lovely to be asleep by 10:30, but not until after some pilates, of course!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Water: 133.4 oz.
    Exercise: Slim in 6 Ramp it Up and Slim & Limber, as well as pilates
    Proud: I worked out even though it would have been easy to use Valentine's Day as an excuse not to.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I did go dress shopping and it wasnt the horrific expreience I imagined. I was pretty ok with how I looked for the most part. Def still need to lose some lbs but def not get to 160 right away. So I re-evaluated my wedding goals

My goal is now 175...150/160 will still be my ULTIMATE goal bt 175 would be perfect for the wedding.

So here is my new monthly goals:
    February 28th- 205lbs
    March 31st- 200lbs
    April 30th- 195lbs
    May 31st- 190lbs
    June 30th – 185lbs
    July 31st- 180lbs
    August 30th- 175lbs

5LBS a month..we will see!

I have my NY dress shopping trip planned for 20 days from now so back to doing the shred and gym workouts until then to see if I can get a few more inches off....

bbl
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    wth is julie?!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    hi there,
    I'm back from Ca and I'll tell you it was hard coming back to the cold weather......

Hope all are well and be back later to catch up.

xoxo
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: good
    exercise: good
    water: not so good
    proud: we had a big Valentine's meal with my brother and his wife, and we ate really late so I was starving ... but I still made pretty good choices. I had a glass of champagne but that is ok, and I had more potato than I should have - but again - not a tragedy. For the most part it was a good meal of crab legs, butter and asparagus - and that tempting potato which put me way over on carbs for that meal... but still ok on calories for the day.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Cris. I'm here. Sorry the only thing I've contributed to the group this week is a post about an enormous Hershey's Kiss. :laugh:

I'm still struggling with exercise (rather, the lack of it). Posting now to hold myself accountable for at least a 30 minute brisk walk at lunch. Other than that, I'm just up to my eyeballs in baby decisions & purchases. I ended up buying a new crib this weekend because it turned out the one my mom was trying to give me is a drop sided crib. She doesn't understand that I don't feel like risking it. She also doesn't understand that she and I have completely different taste in furniture, clothing, baby names, etc. Yep, driving me nuts (though I love how supportive she is!).

Also, thanks to the group again for all the well-wishes & thoughts & prayers for my grandmother. She is doing better. She spent a day in the ER and 2 nights in the hospital last week and ultimately the docs couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong (or what caused what was wrong, at least). She apparently had some kind of virus that attacked her liver but she tested negative for any form of Hep so they pretty much left it at that. Once her blood values started a trend toward improvement, they released her. She's still super weak but seems to be improving so I'm happy about that. I need her to be able meet her first great grandchild. She's made it too long and is too excited about it not to make it. I was right to worry and freak out, though. My aunt was helping her stand up Sunday night (Sunday before last) and my gramma fainted & wouldn't come around. She couldn't feel her pulse & my aunt thought she was dead. She was so panicked she called my mom (an RN) for advice & while my mom was on the phone with her my gramma regained consciousness.

Once she's feeling a lot better I'm going to visit her. I'm worried she'll try to do too much and harm herself if I go when she's weak & recovering. She likes to pretend she feels like a million bucks when I'm around even if she feels terrible. Also, I want to give those stomach virus germs a while to get out of that house. My mom ended up with it for 3 days last week. She said she thought she was going to die & proceeded to go into WAY too much detail about it. :laugh: Blech.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Julie: So happy to hear your grandma is doing better.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Not feeling too well. Just wanted to make sure I knew where to find you all when I feel better.
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds like many on the board are sick - Germs, Germs, go away - don't come back, not any day!:sick:

Julie - glad your grandma is better - it was really special to have my grandma there for my children births. Have fun with your decisions - try not to let it stress you out - a walk always relaxes me! :wink:

Checking in for today:
    Calories: 104 over (darn Girl Scout cookies)
    Water: right on
    Exercise: none
    Proud: Down made it through layoff day with out pigging out due to stress, now off to do taxes, I think I just want all the stress over today!:grumble:
  • tiger12gal
    tiger12gal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! It has been a very long time since I have been on this thread or myfitnesspal for that matter... I made a decision last week that I was going to start logging on everyday again. So far so good. I hope you dont mind me joining back in the group.

Im currently back at 213 :cry: I really dont know what happened... I guess all the stressors I have right now isnt helping either. Ive set my goal weight at 190... I know its not alot but Im hoping once I hit that mark then I will be motivated to work off even more. I still do not have much time to exercise since i work all day and then go home to clean house and take care of my kids but I enrolled my oldest son in Tball so Im excited for his practices so I can talk around the park while he is there.

I hope everyone is doing well and I hope yall dont mind me joining back in this group.