Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 45

Options

Replies

• tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Meh.... feeling crappy. I need out of the house, but I can't leave the dog (cranky neighbors) until he is a little older and can be quiet.

I need a hair cut and a manicure. Or a real-life friend that can come over and watch Thursday night TV. haha (sad and true...)
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm bored outta my mind at work! 1 1/2 hours and ZERO customers!! This mound of chocolate keeps looking at me. Thank you Cris for talking me out of eating it. But I did have a pack of skittles. DANG IT! Now I'm trying to decide if I wanna go home and workout and do Last Chance Workout or do another day of cardio...hmm...decisions decisions..enough of my ramblings.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    how embarassing but my husband weighs a LOT less than I do and he is 9 inches taller!!!!! So that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo embarassing:mad: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: Not for long though. I will weigh less in a year. Wait did I just set a goal for myself? Weigh less than hubby in a year. YES!!!! I am going to do it!!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Well I'll go ahead and start the weigh in. I'm up 5 pounds. GRRR!! 5 freaking pounds!?!?!

Jess...........+5..............0%
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Jess..............+5.................0%
    Allison..........-2.5..............-1.11%
  • tiger12gal
    tiger12gal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I forgot we are suppose to log everyday about the intake and stuff! I need to get back on track with that!!

My weigh in is a lil off since the last time I weighed in was 2/9 and then I weighed in this morning. But in the week and half i lost 3.2lbs! :happy: Im excited bc all I have really started to do was cut out the cokes. I dont think I should be in the contest this week since that loss is from over a week. I will start next week to be in the challenge!

One of my clients asked me if I was pregnant yesterday... talk about hitting hard. :cry: I guess I really need to start loosing this weight. My husband can eat ALL day and nothing but junk food and he is still skinny as a rake. Anyone have a simple exercise to help loose some of my tummy fat?
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Teresa...........0.0..............0%

Another no-loss week for me. I'll take it seeing as how I didn't do anything this week.

I'm starting to deteriorate mentally (not as severe as a total breakdown). My job is ending in two weeks... I'm beginning to freak out a little about that. And a whole list of other things that start to snowball and I end up a blubbering mess. Lame.

At least it's Friday?
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Laila...............0.0..............0%

Good luck to all!!!

congrats to all the loser!!!!

Got to go feed my son...I have a jam packed day.

Have a great weekend!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    how embarassing but my husband weighs a LOT less than I do and he is 9 inches taller!!!!! So that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo embarassing:mad: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: Not for long though. I will weigh less in a year. Wait did I just set a goal for myself? Weigh less than hubby in a year. YES!!!! I am going to do it!!!!

You can do it momma!! When hubby & I got together 5 years ago, he probably weighed about 50 pounds less than me. Then we both gained weight -- about 40 pounds... each. :noway: Then I lost 80 and he lost 25 and I weighed like 5 pounds less than him for about 3 months! Then I got pregnant and that was the very swift end of that. :laugh: I'll be back there soon enough though.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I was already soaked in the shower when I remembered it was Friday. But we'll say I was at 220.8 for next week's weigh in. The goal for me this week is to remain 221 or under.
  • Momma24
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies

Sherry.............0.................0%
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Lauren..........-3.0..............-1.77%

Let's be clear, I'm shocked and happy. I'm also guessing I'll chill out here for a few weeks. But there are worse things!!

Check-in from yesterday:
    Cals - Under w/exercise 1257
    Water - 72 oz
    Exercise - Walked a mile, cleaning the house for the inlaws
    Proud - Good (but long!) day at work.

OK, lots to do. Happy Friday!!
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    LaDeb..........-2.4..............-1.24%

Check-in form yesterday:
    Calories - Just a few over
    Water - 80 oz
    Exercise - None, unless knitting counts
    Proud - Updated my blog - it had been quite a while (not mfp, google blogger)
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Meokk............-1.0............-0.58%
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm happy to say that I'm creeping back down to my pre-holidays weight, slow as anything though...... still got about 3 more to drop just to get back to Dec 18th weight.

Tiger - Welcome back !!!!! How's your first year of marriage been ?

Check in for yesterday:
    Calories - under exercise by 2 calories, that was close
    Water - good
    Exercise - 1 hour walking
    Proud - I got out and walked at lunch time
  • Momma24
    Options
    Not sure how everyone feels about the carb debate. But my husband just got his test results back and his uncontrolled diabetes is beginning to affect his kidneys. Not Good! So I called my Aunt who has lost 100 pounds. She was a diabetic and had high blood pressure for 10 years. She started counting her carbs. She would only allow herself 50 carbs per meal with a total of 150 carbs for the day. She would also have a snack in the morning but she borrowed carbs from her lunch for that so she still only had 150 a day. She walked 2-3 times a day and only went 1 mile each time. She is off all meds and has no sign of high blood pressure. For my husbands sake I think I am going to try this and do it with him. I have set my calorie goal for 1710 per day and 150 carbs is only 35% of my diet. I guess if I lowered the calories that would put my % a bit higher than 35 I am going to play with the numbers and see. I just can't have my husband sick. We have to do something. We both have to do something. I have high blood pressure and it is not fair to our children for us to not take care of ourselves because they deserve for us to raise them not someone else because we like food too much. I love my husband and I can't imagine losing him when we could have prevented it by changing some of our bad habits. I have been with him ALL of my adult life (18 years) and I want to continue that ! He's my honey!
  • Momma24
    Options
    Okay I went in and changed it to 1500 calories which put carbs at 40% which seems less restrictive and probably better balanced. We will see next friday what the scale says.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Meokk............-1.0............-0.58%
    Heather........-1.2.............-0.64%
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Jess: Congrats on the size medium jersey! That's SO awesome!

Cris: I had the same thing with the lesser calories being burned for workouts; especially with snowshoeing. It's just not fair. As for 30DS, I prefer L2 over L1 because there aren't any pushups!

Allison: Great job on the size 16 jeans!

Sherry: I'm not sure how much you remember, but I'm a Certified Instructor for therapeutic horseback riding. A majority of our riders are on the Autism spectrum and it's amazing how many similarities there are between those with Autism and horses. The connection is truly magical. The riding offers the physical input/stimulus that the participants need to help calm them and focus them and the interaction between other riders, volunteers and the horse gives them the social piece. As I've probably said before, I've seen our riders with Autism go from almost no verbal skills to initiating conversation with strangers at the program (safe strangers!)! If you want to read about therapeutic riding or watch videos, here are a couple of options:

NARHA.org - this is the organization that makes all the standards for therapeutic riding. You can also find centers on their site.
    Rivervalleyriders.org - this is the group that I volunteer with!
    Also, if you search River Valley Riders on Youtube, you can see a video we produce of our riders. You can see how much fun they're having! It's just all so awesome.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. This is my passion, so ask away!
    The Executive Director of our program is an adapted phy ed teacher and she's done a lot of work in the pool with those on the spectrum. It offers a lot of benefit, though I don't have personal experience so can't attest much to that.

In other news, I think I mentioned going to dinner with my friend at Khans (Mongolian stirfry) and I love that place. Well, we got so busy talking and laughing that I only had one plate (normal is 2-3 plates!). I'm pretty happy about that and I don't feel like I was missing anything. Awesome.

Over dinner, my friend told me that I inspire her and she wants to start running. She'd like to join me for a 5k this summer, which is so cool. She previously lost a ton of weight with Slimgenics, but has put some of it back on. Slimgenics is a restrictive diet that recommends NOT exercising...um, yeah, no comment?

Checking in for yesterday:
    Water: 67.6 oz.
    Exercise: None, planned rest day
    Proud: That I only had one plate of food at dinner last night...loaded with veggies!!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Heather- I kind of like the push ups...mainly cause I couldnt do one...not even the girly ones...now Im up to 12 girly ones and I can see my muscles in my arms.

Laila- Im def going to try the last chance workout...you seem to be having great results. I was at loose size 16 this time last year now its at a tight 16 but I weigh 10lbs less...WTF! Anywho...is that a Jillian Micheal workout or biggest loser in general?

Im so tired and fed up with life so I dont feel much up to chatting. I was at 210 this morning which put me up 1.2 lbs from last Friday and 5lbs from my end of February goal. I also realized that my end of February goal (205) put me back at 50lbs lost! Woohoo hope I hit it god knows Im trying

Have a good weekend yall!