Fit for Future Families - February 2011

Options

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    What?!?!?!??!!?! That's such good news *doing a little dance around the room* but definitely get to the doc for the test and find out what you can do to plump up the lining, but take things super easy until you get some answers. LOVE the way you're telling him. Talk about timing!!!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congrats Katie!!!!! I’m soooo exited for you! BTW I’m totally stealing your idea about the onesie! I’ve ordered one in DH’s favorite hockey team!

Pam, that article freaked me out! I sent it to 5 different women already! I drink soy milk almost every morning with my cereal and often make tofu, that’s all stopping now! Seriously I just dumped a box of brand new soy milk down the drain!

Erica, what day are you on? It sounds like you’ve got a real good shot this month! I do have a question for you about temping though, my temps went practically right back to where they were pre-ovulation, granted they’re all over the place because I temp anywhere between 3-5am, but is this normal?

Andrea, I’m so sorry to hear about your dad! My thoughts are with him and all of your family!

Heather, you have no idea how many times I wanted to pee on a stick and I’m only 5dpiui and have been told I’d get a false positive! Don’t worry about it, at least you got it out of your system! How has the new/lesser workout been working for you?

Welcome time2move!

History news? Hopefully we have ourselves another BFP!

AFM, I’m exactly where I was yesterday, I’m keeping good with the food and water, but am getting tons of baking and cleaning done at home but no workout! Tonight is the night! I need to at least do Yoga! I guess I’m trying to distract myself from wondering if the IUI worked, I’ve had slight cramps every single day so far, which I was told was normal, but it doesn’t stop me from hoping they’re implantation cramps:laugh:

Ash,
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Katie!!! It's so exciting to hear someone actually got a positive:0) Keep us updated.

AFM: I'm behind, been dealing with AF. I wonder how long my cycles really are. So far 51 and 26. 51 was from when I went off the pill. This month will at least give me some idea.

I will catch up later when I can actually think straight. Hope everyone id having a good day.

PS: I did not know that about soy! Is almond milk ok?
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Andrea you and your family are in my prayers. My grampa has been sick as well. He had a quintuple bypass 6 years ago after a heart attack. So good thing they caught it before! What a blessing!

Almond milk is great Nichole! I'm against drinking regular milk because of the hormones that are injected into the cows to produce the milk but a great alternative is raw unpasteurized whole milk. If you can't get your hands on that though, Almond or Coconut milk are great alternative.

Ash I've been cramping too. Started yesterday. I don't ever cramp before I'm due so I'm hoping it is implantation and not gas... lol!

Katie I'm SUPER excited for you! We have been LONG overdue for a BFP! Keep us updated!

Pam sometimes you just need a little rub down to put life back into perspective. Glad you are giving yourself that treat. I try and do a massage at least every other month. Wish I could do one every week! lol!

Easy up on my workouts hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. Mostly because I'm so lazy/unmotivated lately. Clomid truly does bring out the worst in people I think. I'm not by nature a lazy person at all...but it seems that last several days all I wanna do is lay around and eat...junk. I did get my workout in today and I feel a bit better. Just finishing up lunch and then my massage is in 2 hours. Still having cramping as mentioned before. It is kinda strange that I'm almost wishing to use the toilet and find some blood so I know it is implantation. Many women don't ever experience IB so I'm not sure why I'm wishing for that. Irrational I tell ya....
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well, back in the swing of things.
    (From way earlier!) Nicole, my SIL and family are looking in the Charlotte area. I was born in Charlotte and lived in Mathews until I was 3, then we moved here to Michigan. So, I don't remember much but my mom says that it was her favorite place (dad was in the air force so she lived in many places), minus the ice storms. My SIL is having a rough time finding a house and good schools.

Erica, my fingers are still crossed for you! Sorry to hear you and DH had a rough night. I think a good nap is in order.

Heather, stay strong! Monday is right around the corner (I know easier said than done). Enjoy your massage.

Andrea, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm sure he will be ok, but I do hope this helps him to realize what he means to you and your mom and that it's time to take care of himself. My dad is type 2 diabetic also. I'm really glad they caught it early.

Pam, enjoy your massage! mmm chocolate. You just reminded me that I bought a facial on Groupon and I have to schedule an appointment.

Katie!!!! YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you! Take it easy. What a great birthday present! (my mom's birthday is tomorrow too):happy:

Ashley, my fingers are still crossed for you! Keep up the good work, keep your mind busy (or clear it out with some relaxing yoga) :flowerforyou:

nkster, I really hope AF starts to regulate for you. I know exactly where you are coming from. It took me 11 months after bc to get AF and now I have had 4 cycles and I'm still waiting for some sing that thy are regulating. I'm right there with you. Best wishes.

AFM, I back from my extended weekend at the in-laws. We ended up staying up until Tuesday around 12noon to avoid traffic and terrible road conditions. I'm really glad we waited, because even after waiting there were still numerous accidents and spinouts! I really did not want to go into work today! :ohwell:
    DH is out and about getting a laminate floor for our house. (yay, another project) It's a very nice dark cherry. I'm really excited. We are going to start installing this weekend. Ugh, I have no idea where we are going to put the furniture...
    Eating was out of control this weekend! My MIL makes sure everyone has way too much to eat. LOL It was fun, but now its time to get back to reality.
    Last night, I decided to do a double Zumba class as a welcome home present for myself. I just barely made it to the end of the second hour, but I did it. :smile: I can always tell when I haven't been at it for a few days. Time to get back in the grove!
    Lilly Update: My sister met with the lawyer again on Tuesday and they reviewed and signed the final paperwork for the emergency custody order. While she was there Lilly's (so called) father called. She put him on speakerphone and let the lawyer hear the conversation. :laugh: He was doing his usual verbal abuse and the lawyer gladly took notes. She also was writing on sticky notes questions that she wanted my sister to ask him. Perfect!! So the notes went directly in the file that was sitting on the judge's desk this morning. We are still waiting to hear from the judge today with the ruling. If she gets this court order she can finally get the police involved!
  • abeare
    Options
    Lilly Update: My sister met with the lawyer again on Tuesday and they reviewed and signed the final paperwork for the emergency custody order. While she was there Lilly's (so called) father called. She put him on speakerphone and let the lawyer hear the conversation. :laugh: He was doing his usual verbal abuse and the lawyer gladly took notes. She also was writing on sticky notes questions that she wanted my sister to ask him. Perfect!! So the notes went directly in the file that was sitting on the judge's desk this morning. We are still waiting to hear from the judge today with the ruling. If she gets this court order she can finally get the police involved!

So glad things are moving along for your sister Kim! Having your child taken away from you and having to wait to get her back legally must be a waking nightmare! My thoughts are with her and Lilly!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Hooray, Katie! KMFX that this sticks and you have a little pumpkin baby!!!

To answer whoever asked, I'm on CD 31, 15 dpo. I had one cycle that had a 16-day lp, but it was only a 30 day cycle. I average a 13-14 day lp. I will probably wait until Monday to call my doctor if AF doesn't show or I don't get a BFP. I'm definitely bloated. That's not a typical PMS sign for me. :noway:

Kim, I'm glad things are moving to get your niece back to your sister!

Ashley, for temps to be accurate, they really have to be taken at the exact same time of day, every single day, give or take 15 minutes. A two-hour timeframe could definitely be messing with your temps, but so could the shots they gave you.

Pam, we live 25-35 minutes from the lab, so he can't do it at home. He's probably going to have to go to his dad's and do it there. It sounds like they don't have good facilities at the hospital for it as the direction sheet basically said, "Do it at home and get the sample here in 30 minutes!" They'll only take them between 8-10 am, too. Very annoying.
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Katie.... I'm so excited for you! I'm sure there is something the doctor can do if there is a lining issue. Take it easy!

Erica -FC so hard for you!!!! I really really hope this is your month!:flowerforyou:

Thank you ladies for all of your support! My dad is now out of surgery and will be in the ICU for the night. No complications so far. My brother is flying in from TN, and I am excited to pick him up from the airport. Poor cirumcstances, but I love seeing my brother. :heart:
  • epa422
    Options
    Andrea, glad your dad is in recovery and you get brother time! :smile:
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Katie - Congratulations! Very exciting news.!

Erica - Got the same result this morning so very disappointed and feeling pretty gutted right now.

Andrea - Sorry about your dad. Hope he's getting better.

AFM - another temp drop this morning so looking like AF will be turning up shortly. Must just be a longer cycle than before which kind of sucks right now.
  • kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the well wishes! The doctors office didn't give very much info today, they want to wait until my blood work comes back tomorrow. The good thing about going to the RE is that I will get an u/s at 6 weeks. DH had the funniest look on his face when he opened the onsie. He looked so confused so I blurted out, I'm pregnant! He thought I was joking and then he said "I told you so." I asked him if he was excited and he said he was scared to death. I will update you guys as soon as I find out from the doctor.

FC for the rest of you!

Andrea - glad to hear your dad is in recovery!
  • epa422
    Options
    I feel your pain, History. The longer cycles are just cruel.
  • epa422
    Options
    Well my temp dropped and then AF showed. Now it's on to deciding if this next cycle will be medicated or if I want to wait for the SA results. I have less than two months until my 32nd birthday and I really want to be at/under 130 by then (or pregnant, of course). So it should be a busy couple of months.
  • abeare
    Options
    Thanks Erica for confirming that I should take my temps with a grain of salt because of the 2hour timeframe, DH gets up any time between then and in turn I wake up, and although I go back to sleep till 6am, its not long enough difference to take my temps at 6am.
    I’m so sorry to hear AF showed, I really thought this was your month!

Andrea, I’m glad to hear your dad’s out of surgery, I hope he has a speedy recovery and you get some time with the whole family!

History, so sorry to hear you think AF is on her way, my fingers are still crossed for you though!

Katie, I love how the first thing he said was “I told you so” such a man response! Keep us posted about the blood test!

AFM I’ve been having what feels like PMS cramps all morning, I’ve been having the slightest cramping since the awful IUI cramps. Today however they feel like my regular pre-AF cramps, I’m on CD25-6dpiui and usually my cycles only last 30days, with last month being the exception at 28days. I can’t help but worry that AF is on her way, I know there’s the possibility of it being implantation cramps (and believe me I’m hoping that’s what it is) but I can’t help but worry that its AF coming. I hope I’m worrying for nothing!
  • kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Erica - Sorry to hear AF showed up...curse her for going longer than normal

Well I think I may have spoke too soon. My temp dropped below coverline today and so I decided to test again and it was BFN, twice :( It is so weird b/c I took 2 test yesterday and BFP. Who knows. I guess I will have to wait until the doctor calls but I think I was one of those few who got a false positive.
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Erica I'm sooooo very sorry. :( I'm an emotional wreck anyways, but this makes me wanna cry for you. Making goals is the only way I get through the disappointment as well. I'm sorry....

Andrea I'm glad your dad is doing well. I'm sure he will have a great recovery. Now lets just hope he chooses to live a healthier lifestyle.

Katie that is great that you will get to have an U/S that early. Most people don't get to see their little peanut until at least halfway through their pregnancy! *You posted while I was writing...I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Keep us updated. What kind of tests did you use?

History hope things are looking up today.

Ash I'm feeling the cramping too. I don't usually get cramping before AF so I'm hoping it is implantation. I'm on CD24 and it feels like CD100! ugh!

Alisa where are you....again?!?! Hope all is well with you!

Well again I'm feeling as cheery as the weather...which is grey, rainy, overcast, and quite gloomy. They are calling for a possibility of snow with the rain, but I'm hoping that is just a wrong call on the weather man's part (like they've never been wrong before). I truly hope that this emotional funk I'm in is pregnancy hormones and not PMS. After 7 years of this emotional/physical roller coaster, if I'm not pregnant this month, I don't know how much more of this I'm capable of doing. I feel like it is a never ending saga with a devastating ending every 4 weeks. As humans I don't think we were meant for all this pain and disappointment. I used to think there was a grander, bigger than I could understand reason for it all, now I just think it is cruel and unusual punishment. I don't know. Sorry for the rant...(it is actually a lot toned down then the one I put on bbc. lol).

On a positive note, I've been eating pretty good the past few days. I'm doing my official weigh in/measurements tomorrow. Unofficially I know I lost at least an inch off my thighs and my waist. Not sure if there will be a weight drop, but like I said before, the last time I was on Clomid I gained 5 lbs...so if the scale says 146 or less I'll be happy.
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Has anyone taken Prometrium before? The past 2 nights when I've gone to bed I've had the worse muscle aches, especially down my legs. Last night I was laying in bed and I felt very pukey. Ahhh the wonderful world of being a woman and ttc.
  • abeare
    Options
    Ash I'm feeling the cramping too. I don't usually get cramping before AF so I'm hoping it is implantation. I'm on CD24 and it feels like CD100! ugh!

OMG Yes, it feels like this is the longest cycle EVER!
  • epa422
    Options
    Oh Katie, I'm sorry. It could have been a chemical pregnancy. The little egg just doesn't stick. :cry: But hopefully your bloodwork will give you some answers and your temps go back up and your get another BFP. You could just have less HCG in your urine today than you did yesterday. Stranger things have happened.

Heather, I've never taken prometrium. I have friends who have, but I've never seen that as a side effect. More water? It's sleeting here, so you have that to look forward to. :wink:

Ashley, I cramp all throughout the 2ww. It could be due to having more progesterone in your system after the boosted egg. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon!
    Katie, I'm sorry for your frustrations! I hope your bloodwork results will help you in some way. Like Erica said, you may see a BFP again. My prayers are with you!

Andrea, I'm glad to hear you daddio is recovering! Enjoy your family time even if it is under some undesirable circumstances.

Eric, dang it! AF is a sneeky little twit! Sorry she decided to visit!

Heather, I feel your frustration with this weather. I know it's winter, but I too am just sick of it... We are under a witer storm watch including estimations of 4-7 inches with wind gusts up to 30mph. ICK! I'm sorry you are having a rough time. I am praying that things start looking up for you and all the emotions are for a good reason this time around! **HUGS** Oh, and sorry I can't help you with the Prometrium question.

Ash, my fingers are crossed for you that they are implantation cramps!! Stay strong.

Alisa, I hope you and your little man are doing well! Could you send some CA weather our way?

Lilly Update: Well, bad news. :cry: The judge denied the motion for emergency custody. They want to hear my sister's whole side of the story in person NEXT Thursday in court. ANOTHER WEEK! Ugh! I really miss my bitty neice and really hope I get to see her soon! I hate not being able to do anything either!
    AFM, I completely blew my calories last night. Yummm Texas Roadhouse! I ordered grilled salmon, but those stupid rolls and margaritas got the best of me. Oh well.... I'm not going to beat myself up about it anymore.
    CD8- Starting the BD Marathon! Wish me luck! I still don't know if I'm going to O, but it doesn't hurt to try. And of course last night DH asks , "you sure you don't want to just do it every night to be on the safe side" :laugh: Yup typical man!