IT PISSES ME OFF WHEN...

Options

Replies

• efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    When you're about to merge onto the freeway and people don't accelerate up to freeway speed on the on-ramp. I've lived in three major US cities and Salt Lake City is definitely the worst offender of this action. People don't realize how dangerous it is to enter the freeway at a much lesser speed than the flow of traffic I guess???? *shrugs*

I smashed into a pick up truck once because of this. Kind of. There was construction on the highway and it was only one lane, so there actually was a stop sign at the end of the on ramp. BUT it was really early in the morning and there was no traffic, so I took a quick look over my shoulder and saw that there were no cars coming anywhere in sight so I kept going up to speed, and when I looked back to the front, there was the stupid truck STOPPED at the stop sign. WHAM! No damage to him (it was a big old rickety truck) but it smashed my car pretty good!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    When I am driving and I kindly let someone cut in front of me and they don't wave a thank you. Jerks!

This is definitely one of my pet peeves. And people who don't use their blinkers, especially when they are trying to cut in, like when a road goes from 2 lanes down to one. Sometimes when people don't use their blinker in a parking lot, I wait until they get out of their car, and I go up to them really sweet and say, "excuse me, I just wanted to let you know your blinker isn't working". :laugh:
  • skippy37
    skippy37 Posts: 23
    Options
    I know that pisses me off too. and when you are trying to change lanes to turn and no one will let you in... I am in South Florida and people are rude here.
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    when your driving and someone hits your brand new car....grrr thats happened to me and i screamed at that guy! oh **** my blood is starting rise.
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    OK - I've got one more...when I go to a class at the gym, and it is crowded, and the women who wait by the door to get all rush to claim their spot. Sometimes this includes setting up a step and they arrange them just far apart so that no one can fit next to them (or in front of behind). but still leave more space than they really need to. It's not that I come in late, but I don't push to burst through the door the minute it opens, and trample people to get my step set up. So then I am SOL - back in the corner against the wall with no room to move. Heaven forbid you try to squeeze in between them...you know the saying: if looks could kill.....
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    when i get my cell phone bill.... these companies should be charged with rape F***
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    when you explain repeatedly why your child is the way they are - ummm try PARENTING!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    ...when i just change my kid's diaper and he takes a poop three minutes later :)

OMG>..I second this.
  • bordersvm
    bordersvm Posts: 70
    Options
    PEOPLE FLY DRIVING THROUGH VERY FAST IN THE SCHOOL ZONE DURING THE EARLY MORNING BEFORE SCHOOL OR WHEN SCHOOL IS LETTING OUT (THEY ACT LIKE THEY DIDN'T SEE THE LIGHT FLASHING TO LET THEM KNOW AND THEY ACT AS IF THEY DON'T SEE EVERYONE ELSE AROUND THEM DRIVING 25 MPH)!

RUDE PEOPLE!!
  • wellyourenotSKINNY
    Options
    When I am corrected by my know-it-all friend when I'm messing around....seriously, common, I wasn't looking to say something correct, it was joke!!

I actually flipped out on her today about this.
  • traystutz2003
    Options
    .....when the amish drive their buggies in the main part of the road instead of the buggy lanes the state provided for them!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    When parents allow their children to run wild in the store's while they shop. Totally disrespectful and rude to those around...

Or conversely when people criticize you for correcting/disciplining your children when they are acting like little turds. I always want to get in their face and say, "Would you rather me allow them to run wild, because that is the alternative...?" I'm sorry but if a butt whippin' is in order... my kids get one. Just sayin'. I am the parent. I make the decision about what/when/where discipline is appropriate!!
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    When the cat throws up, it's ALWAYS on the carpet, never on the easy-clean tile.

When the cashier at the grocery store tells you she's getting over pneumonia and proceeds to hack all over ever single one of your items. GROOOOOOOSSSS!

When old people take up the whole isle with their grocery cart ( I know, I'm cruel!).

When you're in a public place with isles, like the store or somewhere, and someone is walking and takes up the whole isle and expects you to move for them, instead of us both moving. I always whisper under my breath "oh no, I'll move out of the way."

When hubby leaves toilet seat up after living together for 6 years!

When people park in front of my house ( we have 2 cars, but only one-car-wide driveway) and leave their car for a week or two so you have to play musical cars with husband every morning.

When people dump their unwanted pets.
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    When my husband loses weight and he has cheated on his diet all week, and I bust my butt and eat and gain a freaking pound! :)
    ugh i soooo know what this feels like only he does do his properly and i do too but he still loses 5 lbs to my .5 grrrr :grumble:
  • kgage1011
    kgage1011 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It REALLY pisses me off when someone wears their sunglasses inside! YOU are not so cool and important not to make eye contact with me, you *kitten*!
    [/quote]

Hey now...I do this. Not to look cool, but because 1) my sunglasses are prescription and I can't see a lick without them and 2) the florescent lighting hurts my eyes (probably because I wear my sunglasses 24/7.)
  • _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    Bicyclist ride in the flow of traffic...you can't pedal as fast as I drive and you're holding up traffic...hate me if you want to but I don't give a sh**!! It's the truth...see I'm getting worked up just typing about it LOL.

especially when there is a sidewalk!!!!

ARRG! People do this near my house and guess what?? There is a BIKE trail AND a SIDEWALK...... and I have to go around them riding there bike with traffic on the road right beside the BIKE TRAIL!!! It's there for a reason! What? do you ride too fast for the bike trail?
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Your grocery store has you pack the groceries yourself? THAT'S what would piss me off. :) I would never pack them myself...I can't imagine a store even wanting you to. Maybe things are different here in the South, but that's the store's obligation. Every once in a blue moon you see a customer packing them, but you also usually see other folks looking on and wondering why. Heck, it throws the store into a tizzy if you tell 'em you can wheel the buggy out to the car yourself.

Most stores in the city where I live are now switching to bag your own groceries and we now also have to pay for the bags.

Being an unpaid employee pisses me off. I'm a gas jockey, grocery bagger, bank clerk and more and more businesses want me to be an unpaid checkout cashier as well.
  • jengbloom
    Options
    When I open a store door for my wife (uses a walker) and people coming out walk through the door in front of us. It's surprising how young children will open a door for us and parents will walk in first.
  • Mary830
    Mary830 Posts: 64
    Options
    ...people wait until the last possible moment to take care of things at work, and then whine about being too busy to get it all done and get upset with me for not staying late to help them finish their work.

...my husband spends his day off playing video games and then tells me he didn't have time to help with the housework because he had to get the kids from school.
  • xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Its common courtesy when you see a car coming to get the hell out of the way! I don't care if there is a sidewalk or not. Just get the hell out of the way!

It's common courtesy to stop for someone in the crosswalk! LOL Or any street corner, there is an implied crosswalk. Pedestrians have the right of way. Yes, somewhat annoying, but not if you're walking.
    Your grocery store has you pack the groceries yourself? THAT'S what would piss me off. :) I would never pack them myself...I can't imagine a store even wanting you to. Maybe things are different here in the South, but that's the store's obligation.

Winco does... I live in CA and most places where I shop I bag my own, in order to make everyone's shopping efficient (there are also 2 conveyor belts per checkout, so they can ring another customer if you're not done bagging) and so they don't have to pay an extra employee to do something we are very capable of doing-- it keeps our prices low. I would rather bag my own so that my salad mix is on top and not crushed under soup cans, etc.