V&F~ April Fools Challenge :happy:

Options

Replies

• CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of a new challenge for this week. Let's step up the intensity on our workout my increasing our minutes or speed by 10 percent. So if you usually walk for 30 minutes at 3.0-- walk for 33 minutes at 3.0 OR 30 minutes at 3.3...you don't have to do both. Unless you just want to! If you workout for 180 minutes a week, shoot for 200 minutes, so that's adding a 20 minute walk during lunch or after dinner. Anyone game?

I'm game! Sounds great.
  • iawierz
    iawierz Posts: 65
    Options
    Big Wiegh in tommorow! Wish me luck. Come on baby move! Down!
  • topazz9
    topazz9 Posts: 26
    Options
    weighing in at 130!
  • Katcatters
    Katcatters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Im weighing in at 178lbs and Im thrilled - lost loads this week and feel like my heads on it - official weigh in with my class is Thurs, so maybe I have lost a bit more too!
  • Juicyyy
    Juicyyy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This weeks weigh in down another 2lb... CW194.8.
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Haven't had any loss since the end of February. =( Working on it though!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Haven't had any loss since the end of February. =( Working on it though!

you have the right attitude! stay in the fight! I just had a breakthrough where my weight was the same for 3 weeks before I saw a loss on the scale!
    Still eating my fruits and veggies and getting ready to get a second workout in! Still sipping water. I drink 90% water and 10% "other"!
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything since Feb either! I am stuck. I am not sure which way I need to go. Low carb, no carb? I feel like I am eating like a rabbit and nothing is happening. After 1.5 yrs of this and only loosing 11 lbs I am getting very frustrated. I am not a person who enjoys exercise, though I wish I was. I love love love sweets and it is so hard to diet. I feel like I am constantly depriving myself. People say you cannot lose weight until you are really ready for change. I am really ready, just have such a hard time being able to fit even a little exercise in and even when I do, nothing shows for it. Any advice, because I am so on the verge of giving up right now. Thanks
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself today and I'm down to 167.2!:happy:
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    I haven't lost anything since Feb either! I am stuck. I am not sure which way I need to go. Low carb, no carb? I feel like I am eating like a rabbit and nothing is happening. After 1.5 yrs of this and only loosing 11 lbs I am getting very frustrated. I am not a person who enjoys exercise, though I wish I was. I love love love sweets and it is so hard to diet. I feel like I am constantly depriving myself. People say you cannot lose weight until you are really ready for change. I am really ready, just have such a hard time being able to fit even a little exercise in and even when I do, nothing shows for it. Any advice, because I am so on the verge of giving up right now. Thanks

hang in there! this is hard, but you can do it! i love sweets too. i still eat sweets and bread, because for me i know eliminating everything i love will not work. everyone has a different approach, but my rule is i eat about half the quantity i want to or normally would. for bread i started buying the lower calorie buns (arnolds 100 cal wheat are good for sandwiches, burgers, or with breakfast). i buy reese's minis instead of the big cups or the 100 calorie packs of sweets/cookies - sometimes i try to just eat half of those too.
    i don't care for exercising either, but I was loosing more when i was doing it more regularly. i try to even get a walk in here or there. another thing that some people have recommended is calorie zig zagging - i sort of do this but not totally intensionally. basically every few days (2 or 3) you change up your calorie intake so your body doesn't get used the constant amount. i'm not sure you many cals you get a day but for myself with 1200 cal limit it's hard to fluctuate a whole lot, but i think even 100-200 calories can make a difference.

don't give up! you are doing this for a healthier you :-)
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    167.5, not much loss, but my clothes are looser!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    144.4 lbs
  • scmajm22
    scmajm22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Dont delete me!! I have not lost anymore, but I am trying desperately to get back on track!
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

hang in there! this is hard, but you can do it! i love sweets too. i still eat sweets and bread, because for me i know eliminating everything i love will not work. everyone has a different approach, but my rule is i eat about half the quantity i want to or normally would. for bread i started buying the lower calorie buns (arnolds 100 cal wheat are good for sandwiches, burgers, or with breakfast). i buy reese's minis instead of the big cups or the 100 calorie packs of sweets/cookies - sometimes i try to just eat half of those too.
    i don't care for exercising either, but I was loosing more when i was doing it more regularly. i try to even get a walk in here or there. another thing that some people have recommended is calorie zig zagging - i sort of do this but not totally intensionally. basically every few days (2 or 3) you change up your calorie intake so your body doesn't get used the constant amount. i'm not sure you many cals you get a day but for myself with 1200 cal limit it's hard to fluctuate a whole lot, but i think even 100-200 calories can make a difference.

don't give up! you are doing this for a healthier you :-)

Thank you for your support. I like the little wheat sandwich rounds that are 100 cal. I think I am just getting bored because I always seem to be eating the same things. I am glad Summer is almost here so there will be alot more fruits and veggies to choose from! I have noticed that ALOT of people on here are set at 1200 calories. Wonder why that is? Mine is the same and I can sometimes meet it and most of the time I am under, depending on what I eat of course. I just need to get it back in my head that I need to exercise more each day. I am trying to talk my husband into buying me a treadmill for the house so I can walk no matter what the weather is outside. So the plan is there, I just need to put it into action! :)
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    Ok...Tom finally left...Been tempted with many things, and when Tom is here it's much harder, So I gave in to some of them.
    Weight 3/10/11 !93.4. Not as much as I thought I would lose but, it's my first day off of Tom....I'll weigh again Mon. Just didn't want you to think I fell off.
    Weighing on Mon. from now on cause I'm doing another challenge besides this one.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    So, I was going to update the sheet on my break today, but I can't log into my personal email for some reason..? Anyways, after work today I am headed to the airport and then to Chicago for the weekend. If my friend has excel, I will update the sheet sometime this weekend, if not, it will have to wait till Monday. Sorry.
    Have a great weekend everybody!! :)
  • iawierz
    Options
    So, I was going to update the sheet on my break today, but I can't log into my personal email for some reason..? Anyways, after work today I am headed to the airport and then to Chicago for the weekend. If my friend has excel, I will update the sheet sometime this weekend, if not, it will have to wait till Monday. Sorry.
    Have a great weekend everybody!! :)

Have a fantaboulous weekend!
  • iawierz
    Options
    So I haven't had time to post my wieght loss. 205.8 YEA!
  • iawierz
    Options
    So I haven't had time to post my wieght loss. 205.8 YEA!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Well i've managed to get myself back down to 64.5kgs. I've increased me calories a bit and my body seems happy. I'm not going to make my goal LOL but I've lost heaps already and I'm pretty happy where I'm at. If i lose more then its just a bonus!

but i do hope to be able to log at least a few more losses before this challenge ends :flowerforyou: