Over 200 New Year New Me Part 46

Options

Replies

• elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Here! Work is nutso, but I'm tracking everything. Plans to go to yoga tonight. Post when I can.
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Here, too! Just suffering from a terrible migraine (and wearing size 16 jeans. woo!)
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Okay, fine.
    You ladies need to get your *kitten* back here and focus on your health. Like now.
    Truthfact: NOTHING is more important than your health. Because if you're dead, you know... nothing else really matters.
    There, I said it.

Good kick in the pants Lilspy!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yes it is true, I do not feel very motivated this week as the past two...words of encouragement please? What are some ways I can get my butt off the couch and start doing something active?

Any kind of advice would be much appreciated!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, been sooo busy today. Busy, busy, busy!!!!! Ryan is on a roll. Day 8 of doing fantastic at school!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea, take a walk........... I know easier said than done. Take bf out for a stroll. It is moving. Clean up the house.. Play your wii dance that you had so much fun on. Just do it for you!!!

See you all tomorrow
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories - ok.
    Exercise - 1 hour with trainer
    Water - great
    Proud - wearing another pair of size 14 pants

Checking in for today:
    Calories - good
    Exercise - 35 minutes on elliptical
    Water - great
    Proud - went to gym, after the massage chair during the pedicure - really didn't want to go after that.

Been really busy with the kids on spring break and tomorrow being the last day of my current job.
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Well put, Julie!

The past few days I've felt like total crap and have been playing the "why oh why do I feel so sluggish/awful/unmotivated" game. Well (to quote Charlie Sheen) duhh... it's because I've been laying around eating crap (figuratively).

So this morning, I'm up, caffeinated, and avoiding the couch at all costs.

I got my blood test results back from the doctor yesterday and I am good on EVERYTHING! So excited about that. With the heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes that run rampant through my family tree, I was a little worried about cholesterol and blood sugar. But everything is right in the middle of where it should be. I need to keep working at the cholesterol because it's on the higher side of "good", but I'm just glad to see that everything is normal!

Happy Wednesday, ladies!
  • elmox
    Options
    Teresa - Glad to hear about the good results! Way to be up and at 'em!!
    Julie - :heart: you!
    ladeb - Sounds like things are super busy - good for you for logging!!
    Momma - Always great to hear a happy Ryan update!
    Andrea - I'll echo Momma - do the things you love - even smaller bits of activity lead up to larger ones.

Monday:
    Cals - Crazy over. We went to a wine and beer food pairing dinner. It was delicious.
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - Nada
    Proud - I just let myself enjoy the dinner and experience on Monday night. It was truly awesome.

Tuesday:
    Cals - Over by 400
    Water - 80 oz
    Exercise - Nada
    Proud - High stress day at work, didn't go super crazy on snacking here.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

lstpaul: As a precautionary step, you may want to see if your insurance company temporarily covers anyone in your family traveling should they need a doctor. Their customer service line may be able to give you tips on finding and using medical care in Germany should your daughter need it. Hopefully she'll be fine and have a wonderful trip without a doctor visit.

Julie: Thanks for the kick in the butt you delivered. Yay for getting back to the gym.

Momma: Ryan is doing awesome. I'm so proud of him!

Teresa: So, so happy your results from the doctor came back good. I'm sure it was a great relief to you.

Cris and Jess: If you're stalking without saying anything, I'm going to hunt you both down if you don't post soon!!

Nancy gets a pass since she said she'd be busy with a show, but she better get back as soon as she can!!

As for me, I went for a run last night to try out the new shoes and I LOVE them! I'm totally sold on getting fitted for shoes everytime I need a new pair of runners. They were comfy and I have no pain in my ankles, where I usually feel some tension after running. All of my movements were felt in the quads and butt, where I should be feeling muscles while running.

My usual route has flooded bike paths, so I improvised and did extra loops on roads to total up to about three miles. This morning, when I mapped the route out on MapMyRun, it was actually 4.03 miles! This is awesome because with the 5 minute warm up walk, it was 48 minutes total. There's hope that Saturday's race might be a big success!

For those of you who are on Facebook, the race will post when I cross the finish line. So, no lying about my time! I didn't get around to doing my running playlist, but I think it will be okay, just have to hit the skip button more when slower songs come on.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Water: 33.8 oz.
    Exercise: Ran 4 miles
    Proud: That I ran outside last night!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    good morning gals!
    I had a little loss on the scale this morning so I'm taking it! I usually don't see any losses until Friday's weigh-in.

I'm still super stressed over my daughter leaving today for Germany (already stressful for a mom and add that she has been sick on top of it!). I barely slept last night, and she felt super hot this morning when I checked on her before my workout and I was freaking out when I took her ear temp - 102, but by mouth it was 98.9. I moved her to my bed and her temp went back to normal - I think her bedroom was just super hot. At least that is what I am hoping, I was sure we were heading back to the clinic and she wasn't going to be going on her trip. I will take your advice HeatherMN and contact my insurance company now, I also emailed the teacher and asked him to keep an eye on her to make sure she isn't overdoing it. There are only 8 kids so shouldn't be too much to ask for a little extra attention. I am going to be worried until she gets back home I'm sure. I drive her and a friend to the airport in 2 hours - should be exciting!

checking in:
    calories: good - exactly 0 left!
    exercise: none - was my day off
    water: not so good
    proud: haven't turned to food as much as I would have in the past with being this stressed out
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Hey Ladies, been sooo busy today. Busy, busy, busy!!!!! Ryan is on a roll. Day 8 of doing fantastic at school!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah Ryan!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Julie- you crack me up...hows the baby?! Do we have a name yet?!!

Heather- I havent been on the boards since February but was bored at work today and thought Id see what my friends are up to.

Momma- HOORAY RYAN!! What great news!

I have been stuck around 210-215 for two months now but havent been excercising or watching what i eat too much so I guess thats what I get...my goal for end of march is 205 im at 210 this morning so uhm..yeah...I could bust out 5lbs these next 2 weeks if i busted my butt...but with my shceudle doesnt seem likely!

Ill lurk every once...hope everyone is ok!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    hey ladies!!

I have missed so much lately with everything going on around me. MY brother's engagement was Sunday and it was a blast. I had so much confidence in myself to take lots of photos with my family. Last year, I was so imitated to even be close to a camera because of what I would look like. I had so many people tell me I lost so much weight..I still don't see it because my face is still chubby ( and other parts of my body..lol).

I am sharing this picture (of my sisters, brother ( w/ new fiance), my mommy, and me (I'm in the blue dress)) I got off my new soon to be sister in-law facebook. I have more picture of me ( on my camera) but I can't upload them until my dh comes back from west virgina with my laptop..

laila1.jpg
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning, unofficially. I am at 189.0 - a small loss!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to play at least 30 minutes of wii sports today, hopefully with my bf because it makes the time go by faster and is just funner when you have someone there to compete against. I am actually leaving on Friday to go see my family in California for about a week, so I will try to comment as much as I can...thank goodness for this android app, it will help me stay on track when I don't have my laptop.

Andrea
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yay, some lovely ladies are back!

Posme -- I can hardly wait to see your picture! (they're blocked at work) I know you look awesome. :happy:

Heather -- Amazing job running outside last night! Wow, 4 miles in 48 minutes rocks!

Ladeb -- Way to go on a little loss!

lstpaul -- I'm sure your daughter will be just fine. :flowerforyou: I'm jealous -- I've always wanted to go to Germany. My highschool band went every 4 years... except that the year I was planning to go was 2001... right after 9/11/01... so the school cancelled our trip. :huh: :explode:
    OMG moment -- I was a senior in high school 10 years ago. :sick: :laugh:

Cris -- I think we may have settled on the name Maisie. I swear the girl is a Maisie no matter what other name I try to force on her. Nothing else we've tried on seems even remotely okay. No middle name yet. But who knows, really.

I had a fine trip to the gym on Monday & I'll be going again this evening. Hopefully I'll be able to convince hubby to go along with me this time (on Monday he pulled the usual *kitten* he pulls when he doesn't want to do something & faked not feeling well).
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Cris -- I think we may have settled on the name Maisie. I swear the girl is a Maisie no matter what other name I try to force on her. Nothing else we've tried on seems even remotely okay. No middle name yet. But who knows, really.

:laugh: :laugh: Yup thats how you know....I think you found yourself a name pretty lady!! I love it too!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    lstpaul -- I'm sure your daughter will be just fine. :flowerforyou: I'm jealous -- I've always wanted to go to Germany. My highschool band went every 4 years... except that the year I was planning to go was 2001... right after 9/11/01... so the school cancelled our trip. :huh: :explode:
    OMG moment -- I was a senior in high school 10 years ago. :sick: :laugh:

I'm jealous too, we didn't have any school trips - and that was almost 30 years ago .. yikes!
    She seemed to be feeling fine, although she doesn't sound great (her voice is very froggy and coughy).
    She informed me that I should leave as soon as we found some of her classmates at the terminal, I was planning to stay until they went through security but decided she would be fine and didn't really appreciate her mom being there. Oh well.
  • elmox
    Options
    Laila = gorgeous!! That blue looks lovely on you. Thanks for sharing!
    Julie - Love the name. Hooray for the gym!
    lstpaul - Ah....teenagers!
    ladeb - Hooray for your loss and the 18X!
    Andrea - sounds like a plan to me!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: Yup thats how you know....I think you found yourself a name pretty lady!! I love it too!

It's funny, all the names you think you're going to name a child all go out the window the second there's actually a kid to name. Or... they did for me, at least. I can't even imagine calling her Winifred or Olive or Ada or any of the dozens of other names I liked before. :huh: Hubby is 100% set on Isaac Alan if we ever have a boy so... I figure I shouldn't feel too bad for going with the name that seems to fit best for the girl. Hubby likes it, too, but he was really pushing Charlotte for a while. So, if I had to guess, my guess would be that she's going to end up being little Maisie Charlotte McCombs. :smile: