200+ Slimmin' Down in Spring!

Options

Replies

• kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    SO... I totally went outside yesterday (how could I not? Its finally spring!!!) and jogged/walked. I did 2 miles in 30 minutes, so 15 minute miles, which is so insanely slow, but I'm not beating myself up for it, because I did it. I downloaded an app on my phone (I have a droid) called cardio trainer and it uses GPS to track my path and keeps me updated on my speed/distance/time. It was an awesome motivator. Had a beer with dinner and totally felt like I earned it. I burned 523 calories yesterday from exercise, which feels great... though my legs were so dead last night.

This morning I got up, yoga'd, did day 1 of level 3 of shred, and then went outside again... took it a little easier today and went 1.6 miles in 22 minutes. So I'm feeling pretty good. PLUS its Saint Patrick's Day, so that extra workout will come in handy for a Guinness or two tonight!

Kristina you have been rocking lately... I'm excited for you and to see what your weigh in will be this week. Should be good!

WiChelle... bummer on the gain... check your food log, have you had a ton of sodium this week? I bet there's an answer in there somewhere on what's up!

Amy, you seriously should start to put together a recipe book of all the great things you have been making/modifying. They always sound so yummy.

Ok, time to shower... I think I'm finally cooled down enough for it... Happy St. Paddy's Day!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Kerry- the point is that you got out there and moving! So what if you were slower than you would have liked? You were moving and you'll get faster!! Souns like you're already having a great fitness day, miss superstar!

Today's a potluck day at work for St. Patrick's Day, which could be deadly, but I'm going to try and behave myself.

I was exhausted this morning when I woke up. My original plan was to get a run out this morning and INSANITY after work. There was just no way I was moving this morning. I think it's a combo of not enough sleep, work on my mind, and my body is still getting a adjusted to working out so intensely. Plus it had been less than 12 hours since I'd run last time, so yeah. wasn't happening. That'll make for a busy Kristina this evening. 4 mile run with Emma when I get home AND cardio power (or pure cardio.. can't remember the name) INSANITY (my least favorite, I think- boo hiss). Should definitely have a good burn today though with the two of them. The scale continues to be friendly this morning, which I very much appreciate.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Potluck is over. Could have went better. Could have gone worse. I logged the major things I ate (brownie AND rice krispie treat.. THE SHAME!), but there were little bits here and there, so I know my caloric intake for today is considerably higher than what I would like. I'll be very good at dinner and get my calorie burn on when I get home from work. I am NOT looking forward to running, but will do so anyways. I always feel better after.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Kristina: It's good that you logged your potluck treats and I'm sure your exercise will more than make up for it. Running and insanity TORCH calories.

Kerry: Yay for running outside!! And I wanted to say that you aren't slow- you're just starting out. Running is NOT an easy exercise and if you haven't done it in a while and kept at it consistently, then you will basically have to start over. The cool thing is that you'll get better/faster pretty quick as your body adapts. It's awesome. You are doing great!

WIChelle: I had a 2 pound gain earlier this week for no apparent reason and I went back and looked at my log and the ONLY thing I saw was that I had had wheat that day when I hadn't had any for a couple of weeks. I took the wheat out and the 2 pounds dropped off over night. My mom, aunt and 2 cousins have celiac disease and while I don't have it, I'm pretty sure I have a wheat sensitivity so it's probably best for me to avoid it most of the time. So that's what I'm doing. I would agree with Kerry that you should go back and check your food log and see if anything might have caused your gain. Or maybe your TOM is around the corner??

Well, I did my dog walk out in the rain (boo!), did P90X Chest & Back and Ab RipperX and did a 20 minute walk on the treadmill. I am most proud of my P90X today because I graduated to doing chair-assisted pull ups without too much assistance!!! And BOY, is my back feeling it right about now!!! What I'm least proud of are the peppermint brownies I let Gabe talk me in to making for St. Patrick's day. They were a chocolate brownie with peppermint frosting topped with a thin layer of chocolate. They were NOT vegan, they were NOT low-fat, they had a TON of butter in each of the 3 components of the brownie. They were ridiculously good. They will now have to be hidden from my sight so'ins I don't do anything I regret.

Here's my stats for the day: 1591 calories eaten/ 2611 calories burned/ deficit of 1020 calories. I didn't eat as much protein as I would have liked but I had to make room in my log for the brownie (basically empty calories on top of fat!). I'm hoping the wheat in the brownie doesn't mess up my weigh in tomorrow because I was looking like I was 2 pounds down as of this morning (yeah, I weigh every day - I can't stop). Have a good day everyone!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to add that I got my copy of the Veganomicon this afternoon. I've only perused it a bit but I am SOOO excited to start trying out the recipes. They look sooo good!!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Amy- I love your new pic! I know its been there for a day or two but I've been in a lurky mood.

Kristina- I don't know how you find all the time in the day to work out as hard as you are! You inspire me. I'm looking out the window right now wondering if I should go for a run tonight after work.

Its going to be in the 70s and possibly in the 80s for the next 5 days. GORGEOUS!! It makes me want to go for a run. I need to find a new place to run. The park I go to is 10 miles away and when you consider the price of gas, thats just way too expensive! Plus I've grown bored with it. There need to be more hot boys there.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I've been hopping on to read posts though I dont have time to reply. My bmf will be here tomorrow I think yeah!

I want to get that veganomicon book. Does every recipe have a photo? I only buy books with photos for food. Not sure why. I know that's why I love foodgawker s much and I haven't been able to get on that site in days. Boo.

Here in a few hours I go to dinner with my dude from australia. That should be fun. I so wish I could do an impersonation of my Taiwanese customer when I talked to him on the phone today for you guys. I'm not sure if he's ever been to the states before but he is SO excited for us to teach him how to play blackjack it's cute. Lol.

Well my cars done bein cleaned. I've got to go get G then get home to clean up and head back into town for dinner. Im goig to have to work Saturday boo but I also scheduled. 75 minute massage. YeY
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I took Lexi to the park today. It was glorious. I wore my hrm but didn't track how far or how fast I walked and I don't care. I was there to enjoy the sunshine with Lexi. It was fun. When I stopped my hrm, I had walked about 37 minutes and burned 403 cals. I was especially proud when I was jogging and intentionally dropped the leash and Lexi stayed right beside me both times. I found that if I snap my fingers where I want her to be, she gets closer to that area. I also can run farther when I drop the leash cause I'm focused on Lexi instead of my distance.
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hey girls! happy st patty's day! so unfortunately i did not get to restart my c25k yet. but my brother has a copy of p90x. and he let me borrow it. i am going to the fit test tonight and then i will start the work out if i am able with in the next couple of days. do you ladies who do p90x have and advice, tips, or warnings before i start. should i stay away? i am not in the best of shape. i am afraid that it is going to be to intense. i hope i can do it. well ladies i have laundry to put away :sad: :grumble: but i will check back later
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sorry been MIA for the last two days... but just been busy & juggling multiple things, so coming home & logging in late in the day.

I have UPPED my calorie intake to eat more of my exercise cals back & try to eat 1200 NET daily.. though it is hard & I need to continue working to achieving that. I did take 3 days off from exercising early this week & that REALLY helped.. the scale is showing movement with a downward trend:drinker:

Honestly, for a moment there, I had started feeling so disillusioned that it crossed my mind to throw in the towel... & my scale shifts.. & I realize I am not even exercising!!! Go figure!

So, lesson learnt.. you all were RIGHT:flowerforyou: I am back & committed again.. though realize I just need to ease my body into this. seeing so many people burning 1100-1500 cals in exercise everyday.. it made me start to push myself despite feeling tired.. & the not fueling myself actually hurt me.

So, thanks for all the feedback & support. You gals ROCK:drinker:

I will log in tomorrow & try to play catch up.. have a GREAT weekend:-)

:heart: Suzie
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone weigh in day for me - 0.2, going to class and then getting on a plane to California to see my family for spring break. I will continue logging my food on the android phone app, but will not be checking in all that much. Wish me luck with making good food choices while on vaca.

Andrea
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    The cyber ghosts have done it again - I swear I posted to this group last night.... Maybe I dreamed it.

Wed consumed 2065 plus 2 small plates of snacks at bookclub mostly fruits and veges but did try Scottish bread, chipotle sauce with crackers, some cheese and a bread baked with coco. I'd guess maybe 500 cals of snacks... I burned 2600 on Wed. Exercise was 30 min low impact aerobics.

Thurs consumed 2660/burned 3011/exercise 4 mile run.

Today's check-in 191.75!!! And I feel bloated since TOM is due today but hasn't shown up yet. I'm really sticking to the "Just say NO" theme and feeling guilty about the clients I'm turning down. I need to be choosy and only take clients within 20 miles of my home - the rising price of gas is going to dent my wallet. I currently have 3 clients that are 40 miles away. I'll keep them until there done and then will try to avoid far away clients. Sorry that I'm obsessing. I'm tired of working so hard and not being home or chatting with you lovely ladies. I'll catch up on posts this weekend.

Hope you all had a nice St. Patty's Day - we ate the best Reubens (homemade less than 500 cal) and I had 2 Guinness to celebrate and still came in under cals. We're planning the traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner on Saturday.

I'm off to work and shopping at Wallyworld - Yeah (*rolls eyes*)... I would rather be clothes shopping than grocery shopping. Enjoy your weekends!!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I just realized this challenge ends next weekend. What do we want to call our next challenge?

This will be post number 474... If the posts get to 500, the thread will lock and you will need to look for "part 2" which the MFP board will start automatically. Just an FYI for anyone that isn't aware of this. We don't want to lose anyone....
  • kmturtle3
    Options
    Good morning girls!

Today is going to be a looong day... I got up at 5:15 so I could yoga and shred, then came into work... will be here til about 5, then going home to hopefully squeeze in a run, then Chris and I will be packing up and driving to Illinois for the weekend. My parents live just a little west of Champaign, so it takes somewhere between 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 hours depending on traffic. I am excited to see them, though. I'm nervous going into the weekend for food and drink intake again... hoping we actually don't eat out so I can watch what I'm doing better.

Weighing in this morning... I'm at 216.4... so 2.2 pounds down from last week. I am super happy with it... loving that the loss is staying pretty consistent, which makes it easier to keep going. I am dreaded the inevitable plataeu that I know is in my future, however.

Oh and I've been under on cals all week. I don't track mine the way you guys do b/c I don't have anything tracking my total calorie burn, so I just know what my calorie goal is with a 2lb loss deficit built in, plus the extra cals I get from exercise. Yesterday I was under by 68, Wednesday by 294.

Victoria, I think its good that you are putting your foot down with new clients... you gotta do what's right for you and your family, and gas is insane right now. How'd you make your reuben? That's my husband's favorite sammy.

Andrea, have SO MUCH FUN in California... I'm not sure where exactly you are going, but my brother lives just north of San Diego and we've vacation out in northern Cali also... that place is gorgeous, and all kinds of fun.

Suzie, I'm happy you are seeing results! I was reading some other thread the other day and someone said something like "if you're gonna make the fire burn hotter, you gotta give it more fuel!" which I thought was an awesome catch phrase for why you gotta eat to compensate for your workouts.

Kendall, that is awesome that you burned all those cals walking! Well done you! I've been thinking about you and the house stuff... I just hope it all works out for you and I'm glad you get to be there for the summer at least.

Kristina and Amy, thanks a ton for the words of encouragement on getting out and attempting some running. I think out of all the workouts, nothing makes me feel more empowered or strong than running. I just gotta keep at it.

Well, have a great weekend everyone... I'll be logging my foods all weekend but I won't be back here til Monday. And what are we gonna call the new thread? I don't wanna lose you guys! You've all helped me so much!
  • noelle55165
    noelle55165 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    SPRING IS ALMOST HERE!!! It's so exciting!

There is now school today and my girls and I are going to be running errands. We are having a fish dinner every Friday during Lent and my oldest has requested salmon. What 7 year old requests salmon?! Love it!

When I first started this journey I struggled to keep my cals under my goal. And I was hungry alot! Now I'm working to get up to the minimum 1200cals/day. At my meeting last night I had a brownie and realized that I still had 300 to go. I don't like having to eat just to reach the min. I know this varies from day to day, meal to meal. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to regulate calories throughout the day? Also, yesterday I only had about half of my protein goal. I had milk at breakfast and a steak at dinner. Any other ideas to up protein without jumping the cals?

Friday! Friday! Friday! WhooHoo!

Have a great weekend and go, go, go! I like losing with friends! Keep it up ladies, you are awesome!
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I didnt get to do the fit test last night but I plan to do it tonight. I'm afraid. LOL. My day today is good so far had oatmeal with fruit and raisins in it for breakfast and I brought a lean cuisine steamer for lunch. Well back to work I go.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Check in from yesterday: 1476 eaten/ 1118 burned/ 842 remaining-- ate less of my exercise calories than I'd planned, but I know this didn't account for everything I snacked on at the potluck, so it's probably more like 400ish under.

Let me tell you... I do not recommend doing a 4 mile run, waiting about 10 minutes and then doing pure cardio INSANITY. *dies* Needless to say, my body is pretty tired this morning. Surprisingly, I was moving faster on my run than I thought. Came out with an 11:26 pace, which was a was pretty impressed with. INSANITY didn't go quite as well, but I did do it. Had to take some more breaks than I did last time I did it, but powered through most of it. Had to stop some times because, even though I wasn't wearing a HRM, I felt like my HR was going way too fast. Scale was friendly to me again this morning, so I just need to continue to keep it together over the weekend and should have a great number on Monday. Today's exercise is INSANITY plyo cardio circuit, which I think is my fav I've done so far. The weather's supposed to be good, so I REALLY need to get up and do the group run tomorrow morning downtown (another 4-miler). It's just SO early and it's the weekend! *pouts* A nap will definitely be in order.

Lacey- I love recipes with photos as well. I'm much more likely to make what it is if I know what it's supposed to look like! Hope you had a good time at dinner!

Kendal- way to get outside! It's been gorgeous here too, and it's nice that you're taking advantage of the weather. I'm sure Lexi absolutely loved it as well, and it turned out to be a nice burn for you as well!

Amber- can't wait to hear how you do with p90x. As several in the group are doing it, I'm sure they will have lots of advice for you. Mine is to take it slow, and you'll get stronger as the program goes on. Do NOT feel bad if you can't do a move. And don't fear the fit test. just do it!! I had oatmeal this morning as well (mine had dried fruit, apples, and nuts in it)

Suzie- nice to hear from you! Glad to see the scale is going the downward direction. It's such a science with the intake and burning of calories, and it's never going to be perfect in terms of calculating exactly how much you're eating versus burning. Sounds like upping the calories a bit have helped you though. Yay! And do NOT get disillusioned if you have a bad few weeks. Stick with it, keep posting, ask for advice, and the scale will start moving in the correct direction again.

Andrea- a loss is a loss! Have a great time in California! Where are you going? Keep trying to log those foods--- we always slack somewhat on vacation, but try not to go hog wild!

Victoria- thanks for checking in! Woot for being down in weight! Stick with it girly! It's really hard to say no, and I'm proud of you with sticking with it with your clients. Don't overbook yourself! Glad you were still able to check in. We miss you! Thanks for the heads up on the posting info too-- I hadn't realized we were getting so close to 500-- we're on FIRE!

Kerry- impressive getting up so early! I know i loathe my 5:30am runs, so I feel you! Way to get that exercise in, especially with the weekend travels coming up. As I said to Andrea, traveling/vacations always lead to a lag in some healthy eating, but the big thing is to log everything you eat, and just try not to go overboard, and you'll be fine! GREAT loss this week! Consistency always feels great, and you're losing at a healthy rate.

Noelle- I'm not the best person to ask about protein as I'm always always below my goal, though I try to get as close as possible. being a vegetarian makes it harder for me. If you're trying to eat your calories and find yourself struggling a bit, try and eat foods that are more caloric, but are not empty calories (i.e. soda, sweets, etc), and eat something like nuts, bananas, etc. that have more calories in them, but are good for you. Thanks for checking in-- looking forwarding to your weigh-in for this week.

Anyways, and as Victoria mentioned in a previous post, we're getting close to the 500 post mark for this thread, so keep an eye out for part 2 if this one gets locked. Also, start thinking of names for our next 6-week challenge!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Kerry- make sure you are friends with Kristina and you'll see the link on her profile when she posts the new thread. Thats the easiest way for me to find the new thread.

Noelle- my low cal, higher protein snacks are light yogurt and light string cheese. I get the walmart brand light yogurt and they typically run about 80 cals with 5 grams of protein and the light string cheese (I use Frigo head brand) is 60 cals with 8 grams of protein.

and here comes the TMI of the day

I don't know what I did, but I think my uterus is trying to kill me. I've been up 3 hours and have already gone through 2 super tampons with major cramps and some major attitude towards my coworker. He's the guy who always, always, always complains about stupid $ h i t and he immediately started complaining to me first thing this morning. I kinda snapped "what do you expect? you've been here 4 years so you should be used to it by now" and when he commented on my bad mood, I said I was upset at having to wait almost 15 minutes for the guy to make my breakfast this morning. (which is true too) Plus I overslept again. RAWR.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Dude! I walk away for the morning and you guys chat up a storm!!

Kendal: That sucks about your TOM being so crappy. I used to have probs like that and my OBGYN put me on birth control (which later contributed to blood clots in my lungs but that's besides the point) - it DID help with flow and evilness. Now I have an IUD which practically makes my period non-existent but I think has made my PMS WAYYY worse than it ever was before.

Kristina: You are absolutely INSANE for running and trying to do Insanity right after!! What's more insane is the pace you were running at - awesome!!!

Amber: I know you asked for P90X tips earlier. Here's what I got for you: Modify the moves so that you can do them. If you can't do push-ups from your toes, do them from your knees. If you can't jump as high as they do on the video, just do what you can do and you will get better. That said, if the fit test feels impossibly hard then maybe you could do the C25K program you were talking about doing and then do P90X once you've got your endurance up. P90X is easily modifiable but I wouldn't go from completely sedentary to P90X (and I'm not saying that you are - I don't really know what kind of workouts you've been doing so I just wanted to put that out there.). It's super hard but it's really worth it.

Noelle: I plan my snacks throughout the day so that I make sure I get in my nutrients (protein, fiber, etc.). I, like Kristina, am vegetarian so I don't get my protein from meat sources but I do make sure to get all my protein in (most of the time). I drink a protein shake in the morning and then I get my protein from eggs, milk, cheese, greek yogurt, beans (I LOVE black beans), and nuts (have you tried Diamond's habanero BBQ almonds?? They rock!!!).

Kerry: Great loss this week!!! Have a good time at your parent's!

Victoria: I think that your new client policy is awesome. You gotta make sure you stay sane and enjoy your work, otherwise it's not worth it!

Andrea: Congrats on the loss! Enjoy California for me (I'm from Monterey and I MISS the ocean soooo much!!!!). Log your food while you're away!!!!

Suzie: I'm glad that upping your calories is working for you. You gotta fuel your body girlie!!

Lacey: There are not pictures in the Veganomicon. I normally like pics in my cookbooks too but the book is JAMMED with so many tasty-sounding recipes that I had to have it anyway. A friend of mine in culinary school back in the states and I are going to pick 2 recipes a week to try and compare notes on. I'll be sure to share what I make here and I always post food pics of my creations on facebook (I like food pics too).

First of all...I lost 2 pounds this week!!!!!! I'm down to 204!!! I can SEE One-derland from here. I'm super-stoked that the stupid mint brownie I ate last night didn't mess up my weigh-in. Today there was a HUGE spring bazaar at the military base here with TONS of vendors from everywhere. I went insane and bought an $800 set of German knives and a magnetic knife block. It was actually Travis' idea (boys like sharp objects) but we all know that I am the one who benefits as I do 99% of the cooking. YAY!!!!! I also bagged my Plyo workout today in favor of Insanity Max Intervals. Now, I haven't seen an Insanity workout since this past summer but I thought they were similar to the P90X Plyo workout. I was sick of seeing Tony Horton, so I decided to go with Shaun T for the day. Holy Hell! It was hard. I nearly vomited. My heart rate skyrocketed and didn't come back down the WHOLE 55 minutes. It. Was. Awesome. I'm gonna go back to Insanity after I do the Kettleworx with The Hubbs. I need Shaun T to hand me my @*kitten*.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program...
  • kmturtle3
    Options
    Noelle, I just had a protein thought for you... soybeans... steamed edamame with a little sea salt is awesome... and low in calories too!