Replies

• faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 2 bottles of wine.
    Wednesday - 0

Kim.....I'm in! Does my time difference matter as I'm usually a day ahead?

Welcome to the new lushies. Yes you can lose weight and drink. In my past 'weigh in week' Wed to Thurs - I drank probably your weight in alcohol :laugh: ok so about 5-6 bottles of wine approx let's say and still lost .6 kg (1.3lbs) this week LOL!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Way too much wine Sunday

No drinks Monday

2 Miller Lites last night

No drinks tonight =]
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've had a good day today. Gorgeous spring day here the UK, it got to 24°c in the sunshine on my patio so I got a chance to wear my new 3/4 length jeans :bigsmile: size 10 and I had to put a belt on them as they started to fall down! Tonight I opened a bottle of red wine to put some in my pasta sauce and I haven't drunk any :noway: Unfortunately the weather forecaster just said it's going to turn colder and frosty again by the weekend :frown: hey ho even a little bit of sun recharges the batteries.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Biggest loser contest would be no good to me as I'm not losing any more, now if it was a biggest drinker contest that'd be entirely different :wink: :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Biggest loser contest would be no good to me as I'm not losing any more, now if it was a biggest drinker contest that'd be entirely different :wink: :drinker:

Haha that's excellent. I agree with your previous post as well. It's been cloudy all week here again, actually snowed again today. But as soon as there is one day of sunshine, I feel fantastic, even if it's not warm out. We did have two days last week of pure sun and warm temps, it was bliss and my 3 pups definitely loved being outside all day.
  • sftb
    sftb Posts: 40
    Options
    I just found this group...woohoo! I always feel a bit sheepish when I post on MFP that I budget calories (or sometimes go over) for wine because inevitably I will be admonished for slowing my weight loss.

I have found my people! :bigsmile:

I echo that thought! LOL! I, too, feel sheepish adding my alcohol into my daily nutrition consumption, but...it is a reality. Ever since the family to a vacation to Europe in 2009, I got used to enjoying a daily glass of "grape therapy" at the end of the day (darn European life...I LOVE it!). Now I'm down to nothing on Mondays (typically), Tuesdays (most of the time) and Wednesdays (when I'm strong) LOL! Great to know there are others who appreciate this nutritional category of empty calories! :happy:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Agreed.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Agreed.

hmmm, that might be part of the challenges:devil:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Don't know if I can do it either right now.....just sayin'. We got a bid on mom's second house that'll we will take. (She past Dec. 12 after a courageous, but short battle with cancer. So I will be busy with that....... I guess when I have other things like that, I can't concentrate on myself......
    But, I am determined to keep off the lbs. that I have lost so far! And the no smoking is going really great! I'm a hangin' in there.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Don't know if I can do it either right now.....just sayin'. We got a bid on mom's second house that'll we will take. (She past Dec. 12 after a courageous, but short battle with cancer. So I will be busy with that....... I guess when I have other things like that, I can't concentrate on myself......
    But, I am determined to keep off the lbs. that I have lost so far! And the no smoking is going really great! I'm a hangin' in there.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I admire you for being able to stay focused during this time. I went totally off my routine when we lost my mom and that was the start of my weight gain. Keep up the maintenance and keep staying away from the smoking. I'm proud of you!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sunday, 0 drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks

ooooo, I'm on a roll......

Terri, your right, it does seem like a lot longer than 4 days:cry:

I work Thursday thru Sunday the PM shift (3 to 11)...I've requested off tomorrow and plan to work Fri thru Sun...so, the alcohol consumption should be somewhat under control.

Hopin' the scale will appreciate my sacrifices and show me some love:love:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kat, I don't know if there is really such as thing as too much wine...I will have to think about that:tongue:

Yvonne, I would not even want to be in a contest like that:noway:

Terri & Pam, sorry that you have lost your moms:flowerforyou: I can't even imagine *big hugs*
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Kat, I don't know if there is really such as thing as too much wine...I will have to think about that:tongue:

Yvonne, I would not even want to be in a contest like that:noway:

Terri & Pam, sorry that you have lost your moms:flowerforyou: I can't even imagine *big hugs*

Haha too much for me is when I have a hangover. Although the amount that causes one can be very different depending on a few factors. I see quite a few glasses on Friday as well as Saturday. Also caved tonight and had a bottle of beer and a little over half a glass of wine =\
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Went to a salon opening event last night. I must have drunk the best part of a bottle of champagne, nibbled a few canapés, got a glamorous updo and took home a fabulous goodie bag. It's a tough life!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Went to a salon opening event last night. I must have drunk the best part of a bottle of champagne, nibbled a few canapés, got a glamorous updo and took home a fabulous goodie bag. It's a tough life!

I absolutely love champagne! I like to just randomly get some to make a seemingly normal night feel special. =]
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    started out last night with moderation, I finished the other half a bottle of wine that I had started on Tuesday, but somehow I ended up opening another bottle and proceeded to finish it. So 1 and a half bottles fo wine last night. Not so moderate. Geeeesh!
  • sftb
    sftb Posts: 40
    Options

Sounds wonderful! I say...champagne is the new water! Have to indulge every now and then :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin...it is , what it is...they just go down so easy
    Berry, sounds like you had a great pampering night

The scale moved again last night to 175.0...down 3 lbs this week so far...here's to hoping that I don't manage to screw it up this week...just need to stay away from the booze, log my calories and exercise...easy, right? S*cks, is what it is....
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so joining this. I'm personally a beer gal. I've taken to only drink on Fri/Sat nights (literally, no more during the day at family things) so that has made a ton of difference. Heh I've been known to drink my calories too. I've been really watching my sodium so I really have to watch how many I have anymore.
  • elizabeth9474
    Options
    sisterlilbunny-- Why are you watching the sodium? (Sorry, I'm NEW & trying to figure the weight loss secrets!) :)