Before MFP...name a bad food habit you'd like to admit...

Options

Replies

• tinalina81
    Options
    CHEESE
    I would(and still could) eat so much cheese. Just eating chunks of it alone or with crackers. Cheese and crackers are still a weakness of mine if they are in front of me.
    [/quote]
    This is so me... I could eat cheese with everything. And before I watched what I ate I ignored that fact it was so high in fat. Now I eat it still with crackers but like 1 or 2 oz
  • Rockin23
    Rockin23 Posts: 59
    Options
    I would open up a box of cheez its pour it in a big container and add to it a 99 cent bag of hot cheetos and lots of tapatio sauce and eat it all in one sitting. I would do that probably once a week.
  • Hammie18
    Hammie18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, something I used to call "second dinner." It's when I eat dinner at home, and then meet up with my friends somewhere and eat dinner...AGAIN! Haven't done that in forever.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I was already on a solid weight loss journey prior to MFP, but prior to that, EVERYTHING was bad. A typical order at Miccy Deez [nutz] was 20 piece chicken nuggets, a bucket of fries [when they used to offer that], Double Quarter Pounder with cheese, 2 Filet o' Fish, a large Coke, and an Oreo McFlurry... Yup.. that was a typical lunch...
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Bleh! Just reading this thread makes me feel bloated thinking about all the stuff I used to eat! :sick:

Typical after school "snack":
    1 bag of any kind of chips (the big bags, not the snack packs)
    2 rows of oreo cookies with milk, or a few bars of those old "oreo snack bar things"
    chocolate bar
    banana, usually with like 3 tbsp. of peanut butter.

Yes, I used to eat ALL THAT after school, before swim practice. I figured, oh, I'll just work it off. Swimming might be a good burn, but not that good :grumble:
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I was never really a gorger, but my habits prior to this year were generally bad. If I ate breakfast in the morning, it was usually one of two things: homemade blueberry muffins or homemade cranberry-orange scones and coffee with sugar. No nutritional value other than refined sugar and saturated fat.

If I hadn’t baked anything, I wouldn’t eat. So by lunch I would be ravenous and usually grab fast food. Jack in the Box: Big Cheeseburger, fries, oreo cookie shake.

This would leave me feeling so full, I’d often skip eating the rest of the day.

Not that it mattered, because I hadn’t actually eaten any real “food” the entire day.
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    hmm. how about Frito scoops dipped in MAYONAISE! gross!!!! And I was addicted to fries dipped in ketchup mixed with mayonaise. Ugh, makes me gag just thinking about it.
  • Jazzy_Maria
    Jazzy_Maria Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'd cook a whole box of kraft mac & cheese.... and eat it all myself...

also, at one point in college I was getting chinese take out like 3-4 times a week... and I wouldn't even split what I got into more than one meal!!! WOW!!!!!!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Soda! I used to drink so much of that stuff. Now I stick to water, tea, and milk(:

You're not the only one. I used to throw back at least 3-4 20 oz. bottles of Diet Mtn. Dew PER DAY....quit drinking soda cold turkey after a kidney infection and I don't even miss it. It tastes foreign to me now.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Any kind of soda tastes way too sweet now. I don't even miss it anymore.
  • daphne_gets_fit
    daphne_gets_fit Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I once ate an ENTIRE medium pizza from Domino's in one sitting, I felt so bad afterwards I didn't even tell anyone I just threw the box away.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I once ate an ENTIRE medium pizza from Domino's in one sitting, I felt so bad afterwards I didn't even tell anyone I just threw the box away.

Once? I used to do this about 3 times a week! :noway:
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    A six pack of Coke a day, and still wonder why I was so thirsty all the time.

A pint of ice cream three or four days a week, and wonder why I was getting so fat.

A box of cereal, for dinner, an entire box, with half a gallon of milk.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Cooking (and eating) and entire pound of bacon for breakfast.

Ice cream - 1 half gallon carton = 2 servings, one for me and one for my guy... topped with the entire jar of hot fudge and an entire container of reddi-whip - oh, and sprinkles too.
    Sometimes I'd just buy the big 5 gallon pails of ice cream (strawberry swirl!!) and sit and eat it on the couch until I could no longer eat anymore.

and some of you mentioned pizza.... medium?? HA! I'd eat an extra large 18" all by myself (followed by ice cream of course)

I had so many bad habits it's not funny.... of course, that's WHY I was overweight!

(now I must go read all these past pages of habits!)
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Take out food is my #1 friend and enemy :)
    I could eat it everyday, twice a day...I know I still could, but I don't, so I am happy with that!
    I also enjoyed Pepsi, chips, baked goods.....who am I kidding.....salty, sweet, it didn't matter, I wanted everything, all the time!!

I am so glad that I found MFP, it has totally changed my life! Now I have proper portion sizes and better food in general. I know I could very easily go back to those eating habits because I just loved the taste of that food, I cannot lie and say that I think it is gross now. I know it is bad, but I still want it, lol!! Thankfully, I want to lose weight more :)
  • desiree0625
    desiree0625 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would go to my mom's house, dig through an entire box of lucky charms picking out the marshmallows, ALL the marshmallows, put them in a bowl and eat them like popcorn while watching a movie. I would get early morning pissed off phone calls from her because all the marshmallows were missing when she poured her cereal. Lol, but gross. Can't believe I did that.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I would go to my mom's house, dig through an entire box of lucky charms picking out the marshmallows, ALL the marshmallows, put them in a bowl and eat them like popcorn while watching a movie. I would get early morning pissed off phone calls from her because all the marshmallows were missing when she poured her cereal. Lol, but gross. Can't believe I did that.

I still do that sometimes :blushing:

But I'm the mom, so I just throw away the rest of the cereal when they're gone.

:ohwell:
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Things I have had in the past. I remember distinctly:
    4(FOUR) McDonalds McChicken Burgers, Large Fries and A MILKSHAKE, at like 11 or 12am/pm then I went to bed. I went.. to bed. it's no wonder I was almost 200lbs at age 15. Oi.

Another would be ..

* Like half a tub of icecream, that Reese Peanut Butter kind for Breakfast
    * An ENTIRE COKE BOTTLE 2l, and an entire bag of BBQ Old Dutch Chips
    * 2/3 bowls of Vanilla and Caramel Icecream
    * 4 Slices of Dominos Pizza, 2 Cheese Bread Sticks, and even chocolate. if I had it..
    Ontop of all of that, no exercise, slept in the daytime..oi

NOW, It's better
    + Like 1/2C or 1 cup of icecream, preferably lower in calories/fat
    + Diet pepsi, and one can/bottle a day if I can(I know I know.. artificial sweeteners)
    + 2 slices, and maybe a small Cheesy Bread - but I usually opt in for Thin Crust
    and exercise 3/6 days a week.

:)
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    There is a store in my area that sells just the marshmallows!
    My bad habits were every week when I went to the grocery store I would get a candy bar or doughnut and dig through the bags until I found it and eat it in the car. Or I would go to KFC after the grocery shopping. And on Sunday before church i'd get two doughnuts and a chocolate milk.