100 Push-up challenge! Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Found this on the website regarding the exhaustion test:

At the end of Week 2 it will be time to check your strength and perform an exhaustion test. In simple terms, perform as many good-form push ups as you can comfortably manage before you physically can't do another rep. Stress your system by all means, but please don't go beyond the safety limit. The number of push ups you complete will determine which level of the program you'll start in Week 3. Perform this test within a couple of days of completing Week 2. Good luck!

Looks like I will be even further behind than I thought given the "extra" day needed. Planning on doing W2D2 tonight!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    W2D3: 39. 17 on the last set.

Maybe you guys are right about the exhaustion test. I have no idea. But a few more push-ups this week won't hurt us anyway, right? So everybody do your exhaustion test today or tomorrow (or whenever you hit W2D3). You need 16 or more in order to continue to week 3.

I'm going to do my test later this evening, actually, because we'll (hopefully) be at the zoo all day tomorrow.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    So - w2D3 - 32 total, 10 max. It is stating to get easier. Still hard but getting easier. Plank pose in yoga last night was a breeze after 2 weeks of this.

So, should I repeat week 2 or do the low for week 2? What do you guys think?
  • ajbeans
    Options
    So - w2D3 - 32 total, 10 max. It is stating to get easier. Still hard but getting easier. Plank pose in yoga last night was a breeze after 2 weeks of this.

So, should I repeat week 2 or do the low for week 2? What do you guys think?

The site says that you should push for 16, and if you can't do 16, to repeat week 2. That's what I would do, personally. But it's up to you. You could always try out day 1 of week 3, and if it's too much you could slip back to week 2.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    I read again about the exhaustion test, and it says to perform it "within a couple of days of completing week 2." Which doesnt' make sense to me, because if you do it a couple of days later, and then have to wait at least a day, then you're starting week 3 late. So I'm going to just do mine tomorrow. And yes, I know I said I was doing it tonight, but I'm really too tired. I tried and failed, and I know I can do more if I have enough sleep. I'll do it in the morning before we leave.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    W2 D3 - Total 83 Max: 22 (all toes)

I believe that the exhaustion test is supposed to be separate, so I'm going to do it tomorrow.

AWESOME job everyone!!! Four weeks to go and we're going strong!! woot! woot!
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Exhaustion Test - 24 (I broke form so I'm going with 24, I got up to 30 with some not so deep ones at the end). Very excited! Looks like I'm in column two again next week. I didn't even think I could come close to 20 pushups on my toes, this is an awesome program.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    W2D3!!

Pushups: 65 (modified max 20 BOOYAH!!!!!)
    Situps: 98 (holy crud monkeys)
    Squats: 90

I will try my max tomorrow. I'll be excited if I can get 20 again. Any my typing is shot because my arms keep moving. LOL!
  • mmtiernan
    Options
    Exhaustion Test = 23 (all toes). Pushes me down to column 2 - does that mean I've lost ground since I was in column 3 for the first two weeks? Weird, since it is 9 more push ups than my initial test. I have to assume I'm doing okay because I definitely feel stronger! I also do weight lifting, so that could be affecting my test.

Week 3 starts tomorrow ladies!! Everyone ready and raring to go??!!??
  • mmtiernan
    Options
    W3 D1: Total = 77 Max = 20 (all toes)
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    knees.

w1d1: 45 push ups : 10-12-7-7-9
    w1d2: 50 : 10-12-8-8-12
    w1d3: 64 : 11-15-9-9-13-20

w2d1: 70 : 14-14-10-10-15-22
    w2d2: 78 : 14-16-12-12-17-24
    w2d3: 83 : 16-17-14-14- 22

did my week 2 day 3 on saturday so tonoight will be my exhaustion test to see where i am! i'm pretty excited to see how far i've come in only two weeks.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm sorry to do this, but I need to take a computer break for a while. I am still planning to continue on with the challenge, but I'm not going to be able to post here. I'll be back in a few days probably. Keep up the good work! You're all doing great!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Hope everything is ok AJ!

MM ~ Not sure? I've just been following column two the whole time, are we supposed to redo the test each week? I can tell I am getting stronger though I love it!

W3C2D1: 80, 19 max, an additional 6 on my toes!
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    W2D2: 29 total pushups (half regular/half on knees)
    W2D2: 85 total squats
    W5D2: 260 total situps

Today I did a total of 38 pushups thanks to the Hundred Pushups iPhone app. (Week 2, Day 3, Level 1) #100Pushups (half&half)

Today I did a total of 95 squats thanks to the TwoHundred Squats iPhone app. (Week 2, Day 3, Level 2) #200Squats

Today I did a total of 279 situps thanks to the TwoHundred Situps iPhone app. (Week 5, Day 3, Level 2) #200Situps
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do my day 1 tomorrow. And ouch, I'm column 1. Probably could get column 2 but my last one was so bad form it wasn't even funny.
  • mmtiernan
    Options

MM ~ Not sure? I've just been following column two the whole time, are we supposed to redo the test each week? I can tell I am getting stronger though I love it!

Kat - you are supposed to do an "exhaustion" test at the end of weeks 2, 4 and 6. You want to do it separate from the workout so you aren't already fatigued.

I did the exhaustion test the day after my day 3 push up sets, but I think that was a mistake because I didn't give my arms a day break in between to recover since I also lift weights (and that same weekend happened to be serious bicep work out, so I think that kind of did me in!). Having said that - I'm actually kind of grateful for column 2 this morning 'cause I'm not sure my arms could have handled column 3!!

Fantastic job everyone!!!

AJ - hope you are back with us soon!! : (
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am starting week 2 again.

W2D1 (again) - 4,4,6,4,4,13

But it was a little easier than last week. And I did more max than last week.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

Kat - you are supposed to do an "exhaustion" test at the end of weeks 2, 4 and 6. You want to do it separate from the workout so you aren't already fatigued.

I did the exhaustion test the day after my day 3 push up sets, but I think that was a mistake because I didn't give my arms a day break in between to recover since I also lift weights (and that same weekend happened to be serious bicep work out, so I think that kind of did me in!). Having said that - I'm actually kind of grateful for column 2 this morning 'cause I'm not sure my arms could have handled column 3!!

Fantastic job everyone!!!

AJ - hope you are back with us soon!! : (

LOL! Oops!! Maybe I should do it today and see if it will bump me down to column 1...column 2 is hard! LOL
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The computer ate my post. :(

W3D1 - 80 Total, 25 Max

We've lost a lot of people since we started, who all is still participating? I know AJ is taking a short break but it seems like we lost several people from week one.

Vaness, Bunny & Holly - Great job!!

Katie - I agree, column two is hard!! Didn't help that I forgot until 9:30 last night, my body was tired when I was done. You're doing awesome, can't wait to see how amazing our arms look when we are done. :)

mmtiernan - I was tired when I did the test so I can't imagine how tired you were after lifting weights, wow. Great job!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    The computer ate my post. :(

W3D1 - 80 Total, 25 Max

We've lost a lot of people since we started, who all is still participating? I know AJ is taking a short break but it seems like we lost several people from week one.

Vaness, Bunny & Holly - Great job!!

Katie - I agree, column two is hard!! Didn't help that I forgot until 9:30 last night, my body was tired when I was done. You're doing awesome, can't wait to see how amazing our arms look when we are done. :)

mmtiernan - I was tired when I did the test so I can't imagine how tired you were after lifting weights, wow. Great job!

Hey ladies!! With all that has been going on I have been slacking majorly. Will likely start over from the beginning since it has been nearly a week since I did W2D1. Sorry for dropping out on you all. Keep up the great work!!!!!