What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I completed my first 5k-YAY!!

I posted a blog about it for any of you who would like to check it out! I couldn't figure out how to get pictures on it but if you would like to check it out on myspace. Here is the link

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=267670606
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :yawn: be back to catch up in the morning when I'm awake:yawn: :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I posted a blog about it for any of you who would like to check it out! I couldn't figure out how to get pictures on it but if you would like to check it out on myspace. Here is the link

Oh man giggles, that is wonderful. 5 k YAY is right!
    for you ....only mr banana dance will do!!
    0002013F.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ok, well my day is about done ... I've stayed under my calories, which were a LOT fewer today because I ended up taking a day off from exercise. But that is probably good because I want to keep the old bod guessing what I'm up to!

0002006E.gif

How has everybody else been doing today??

I had some salty munchies tonight-- my 5 older kids went to the Nets game, my 2 younger girls went to a "candy festival" at a friend's church, so I stayed home with Joshua and Caleb, the 2 year old and 11 month old-- and we had peanuts and popcorn while watching "Angels in the Outfield." My body hates sodium, and my calorie count was higher than it should be, so I'll probably suffer tomorrow especially in the absence of exercise today-- but? Whaddyagonnado?

All in all, not a great day, but not awful.

Marla sometimes just giving ourselves a break it something to be proud of. Watching a good moving with the little ones is good for ya too!
    Chin up dear girl. Peanuts have good protien and fat!! and popcorn....loaded with fiber! Lots of water today!!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ok, well my day is about done ... I've stayed under my calories, which were a LOT fewer today because I ended up taking a day off from exercise. But that is probably good because I want to keep the old bod guessing what I'm up to!

0002006E.gif

I would say it was a great day for you, with all the exercise you get during the week!
    did you go dancing friday night? I bet you had a lot of fun!

I was 'dancin with my se-elf' yesterday and I had a blast! Turned up the stereo, it was below 80 so I opened all the windows for fresh air, and burned 360 cals in 35 minutes!! WHOOP! then did strength training.
    I am proud that I felt like do-do yesterday but still stuck to my guns and did my exercise. I figured I will feel that way with or without the ex, just feel worse cuz if I didnt do it ( Oh mother, thanks for the Irish guilt....visions of people who cant dance swimming in my brain)

Have a great weekend!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Yeah!! Pretty Chick is back!!

How'd you do with daylight savings time!? Tired or refreshed?
    0002016B.gif
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

I was 'dancin with my se-elf'

Oh, oh, oh-oh!!

(now that song is in my head :laugh: )

Thanks for the encouragement-- and the reminder for the water--

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I was 'dancin with my se-elf'

Oh, oh, oh-oh!!

(now that song is in my head :laugh: )

Thanks for the encouragement-- and the reminder for the water--

Hope everyone has a great day!

LOL!
    You to Marla,
    :heart: Jeannie
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

0002006E.gif

I had some salty munchies tonight-- my 5 older kids went to the Nets game, my 2 younger girls went to a "candy festival" at a friend's church, so I stayed home with Joshua and Caleb, the 2 year old and 11 month old-- and we had peanuts and popcorn while watching "Angels in the Outfield." My body hates sodium, and my calorie count was higher than it should be, so I'll probably suffer tomorrow especially in the absence of exercise today-- but? Whaddyagonnado?

All in all, not a great day, but not awful.

Awww ... I think that snuggling on the couch with a couple of sweet babies watching a movie sounds like just the thing! :heart: :heart: :heart: And you definitely could have made a LOT worse choices with the food ... so like Jeannie said ... drink your water today & move on... :drinker:

Sigh ... that made me think about my babies. I probably won't have any little ones to snuggle with for another 3 or 4 years (Lord willin' and the Yaz keeps working for DD :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

I hope you have a great day today!!
  • tresa1234
    Options

That is AWESOME, Giggles! That is a great accomplishment! You should feel really proud of yourself!!

I tried to see the myspace page but I don't have a myspace and you have to be a friend to see it ... but anyway ... congratulations!! I hope I'm fit enough to do that someday!!

000202DC.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options

Hey there, Beautiful! Glad to see your lovely face on your avatar again! :heart:

How's everything going??

I like your quote ... so very true!!

0002025D.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options

I would say it was a great day for you, with all the exercise you get during the week!
    did you go dancing friday night? I bet you had a lot of fun!

I was 'dancin with my se-elf' yesterday and I had a blast! Turned up the stereo, it was below 80 so I opened all the windows for fresh air, and burned 360 cals in 35 minutes!! WHOOP! then did strength training.
    I am proud that I felt like do-do yesterday but still stuck to my guns and did my exercise. I figured I will feel that way with or without the ex, just feel worse cuz if I didnt do it ( Oh mother, thanks for the Irish guilt....visions of people who cant dance swimming in my brain)

Have a great weekend!!

We DID go dancing Friday night and it was SO much fun ... the kiddos are now teaching a beginner & intermediate lesson back to back so we did them both ... and still couldn't quite do the new moves (that they started teaching last week ... tandem charleston ... oh so not very easy!!!) but anyway, we'll get it one of these days. Then they had a costume party/dance (we went as ourselves ... scary enough!! ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ) and danced around for quite a while longer. They had the belly dance teacher come in and do a demonstration and I was amazed at how that girl could control every little muscle in her body ... oh my goodness ... made me want to take a belly dancing class!! Maybe someday...

YAY JEANNIE ... personal dance parties are the best!!! I am so PROUD of you for doing such a workout when you didn't feel well!! signs-yourock2.gif

I hope it made you feel better all over ... & that you are feeling fine today!!

00020144.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks Tresa! Had a fine day.

Stood in line for 6 hours to vote. Only in Florida, I swear.

I am proud that I voted, that I wore my HRM and burned 1385 calories standing in line, that I gave my chair to someone in line that had surgery last month, and I exercised the entire time. bending, stretching, calf raises, yoga poses, balancing. Whew!

0002010E.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Thanks Tresa! Had a fine day.

Stood in line for 6 hours to vote. Only in Florida, I swear.

I am proud that I voted, that I wore my HRM and burned 1385 calories standing in line, that I gave my chair to someone in line that had surgery last month, and I exercised the entire time. bending, stretching, calf raises, yoga poses, balancing. Whew!

0002010E.gif

Oh my goodness! You did your civic duty, helped a stranger, and stood there for SIX hours?!?! and you exercised the whole time!?!?!?!

Well ... most definitely rockon5nk.gifGS_7ece3a084a93ef65562dcf7acb1baf5a.pngsigns-yourock2.gif

I'm speechless!!! LOL ... now how are you going to eat all those calories ... hmm ... I think I could probably come up with something! c_laugh.gifc_laugh.gifc_laugh.gif

Glad you're back! Now take a seat and start eating! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I went for a lovely long walk today out at our church's property. And I learned something ... I had enough calories for one of those skinny cow type ice cream sandwiches, but after I ate it I have been starving the rest of the evening. I think I do better staying away from that much sugar without some protein with it... but I'm still ok on calories.

I'm about to go to bed. This time change has had me thinking it was midnight since about 6:30 tonight!

Nitey nite all ... let's hear how your days went & I'll catch up with yas sometime tomorrow! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Yeah!! Pretty Chick is back!!

How'd you do with daylight savings time!? Tired or refreshed?
    0002016B.gif
    CONFUSED....time changes make me confused:grumble: :laugh: But I do love the feeling that I have longer in the day than my mind thinks I do... HUH?:blushing: :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    What made me proud....

went to chinese buffet - was going to get the you pick we cook that way I could limit what went into what I was eating - told them no butter - had this a thousand times before and butter is the only fat Well not today - they put the shrimp on the grill with no butter but then added a TON of oil to the veggies-well i didn't eat a single bite-came home and ate a smarter choice here!

I think my husband thinks I am losing my mind I am so obsessive about what I won't eat.
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Wow ... that is so impressive! GOOD for you!! I don't think I'd have had the strength to sit there and watch everybody else eat/smell all that good food and not eat at all.

You have a WHOLE LOT to be proud of, Chrissy!!!

000201F6.gif
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    After a down week last week, I dusted myself off today and I must say...... I freakin ROCK!!!!! I worked out harder than ever before!!!! I feel awesome today and filled with a new sense of positivity!!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,935 Member
    Options
    What made me proud....

went to chinese buffet - was going to get the you pick we cook that way I could limit what went into what I was eating - told them no butter - had this a thousand times before and butter is the only fat Well not today - they put the shrimp on the grill with no butter but then added a TON of oil to the veggies-well i didn't eat a single bite-came home and ate a smarter choice here!

I think my husband thinks I am losing my mind I am so obsessive about what I won't eat.

My family and I went to a buffet on Sunday. After the hubby and kids were settled in I headed straight to the salad "island". I made myself a huge salad, fat free dressing and got nice and full. After finishing that I ate a tiny bit of potatoes, turkey and gravy. I felt so good. And, NO DESSERT of my own, just a bite of each of the kids' ice cream. Yay me!!! My husband thought I'd lost my mind when I came back with salad.

Today, I walked 96 stairs to our office instead of jumping on the elevator when a co-worker held it for me. And, the scale granted me a 1lb weight loss this morning!

Happy Monday everyone!

Kati
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    It's not much, but I'm at work today.... feeling kind of icky, and tired too. Really wanted to call in, but here I am. Of course, it seems I'm not really working, since I'm tooling around here. But only while my boss is out to lunch!:laugh: :drinker: :laugh:
    -Robin