Pacific Northwest peeps look here!

Options

Replies

• wanitalilly
    wanitalilly Posts: 108
    Options
    Anyone here doing the Beat the Bridge?? Or the Portland Warrior Dash? I'm doing both..
  • innerexp
    innerexp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

Seattle representing here :) Anyone a member of Olympic Athletic Club in Ballard? I'd love to meet some new workout partners!

~Jenn
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Anyone here doing the Beat the Bridge?? Or the Portland Warrior Dash? I'm doing both..

I've been thinking about doing warrior dash. That's in Sept., correct? I've never been much of a runner but I'd love to start training for such an event.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options

Another Washingtonian here (down by Tacoma). I'm doing both the July dash in Issaquah and the Sept dash down in Hillsborough, OR. There is also a Seattle Mud Run in June that a friend is trying to talk me into but don't think I will be doing that one.

www.survivormudrun.com
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options

Another Washingtonian here (down by Tacoma). I'm doing both the July dash in Issaquah and the Sept dash down in Hillsborough, OR. There is also a Seattle Mud Run in June that a friend is trying to talk me into but don't think I will be doing that one.

www.survivormudrun.com

There's a dash in our area? I might have to look into that. I'm doing the Tacoma City Marathon, 5k portion, on May 1st.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I want to do the Warrior Dash in Hillsboro in September!!!

We should make a team and get themed outfits and do it together! Viking MFPs or something!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    In the central Willamette Valley near Corvallis Oregon. HELP! In my Golden years and need to build and stop the decay but it is so hard to get motivated with all this rain. Love walking the dog and was able to get my daily walks in during December but since then it's hit and miss. Could use motivating friends.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    In the central Willamette Valley near Corvallis Oregon. HELP! In my Golden years and need to build and stop the decay but it is so hard to get motivated with all this rain. Love walking the dog and was able to get my daily walks in during December but since then it's hit and miss. Could use motivating friends.

Feel free to add anyone in this thread. I'm friends with a good chunk of them and they are very motivated(ing). I say buy rain gear and get your butt in gear. If we wait for sun we'd never get any exercise!
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm from the Willamette Valley, only an hour from the Pacific Ocean. Lots of rain here as usual this time of year. Yesterday I was in Bed Bath and Beyond and they had a "happy light" on. It looks so much like the sun shining, it made me HAPPY just looking at it so I bought one. I've really enjoyed it so far. I put it in the window sill right by the computer desk and from the corner of my eye it looks like the sun is streaming through the window. Yea, I know wierd. People from Phoenix are laughing I know.
    What we will do here to trick the mind! Our summers are perfect if we can just make it through this rainy month!! It isn't something you get "used" to, I've always lived in the N.West. When I visit a sunny area I always think about moving but then I realize when I get back home we have so many things in the N.West to be thankful for!! And when it does sunshine, it is paradise!!
  • wanitalilly
    Options
    I'm friending you! Look for the couch to 5k...its a new runners training program. You can also find great programs on Hal Higdons website! Good luck!
  • wanitalilly
    Options

We should make a team and get themed outfits and do it together! Viking MFPs or something!

WE SHOULD!!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    IT'S SUNNY!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOFREAKINHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(just thought I'd post this. In case some of you are stuck in the bowels of an office or house and you think its still raining here in the Pac NW)

:drinker:
  • Laceylala
    Options

WE SHOULD!!!
    Okay I'm in...who else is down to do the WD in Hillsboro in September??
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    Yes it is!

Oh, wait, now it's overcast again.

Oh, now it's sunny!!!

Oh, no, a cloud. :tongue:
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Yes it is!

Oh, wait, now it's overcast again.

Oh, now it's sunny!!!

Oh, no, a cloud. :tongue:
    The weather right now is INSANE! On my way to the gym I was sunny... then it started hailing HEAVY while I walking in, Then it hailed and poured for a good 25 minutes.... then overcast. By the time I left it was ALL BLUE skies and sunny again! HAHA I was thinking I may take a walk- but it might be dangerous. Who knows what's next! ;)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    PNDub. Where even the weather is Bipolar.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I'm friending you! Look for the couch to 5k...its a new runners training program. You can also find great programs on Hal Higdons website! Good luck!
    I am on day 3 of c25k But i am a dork and I keep doing right after my killer circuits! hahah I will never be able to run at this rate! ;) I wish I was up for Warrior dash. This girl is afraid of heights, and has a connective tissue disorder! BLECH! Anyhow, I really enjoy watching them though and my man LOVES them. He did Muddy Buddy in Portland last fall and is doing it this year again. A blast!:-D
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Totally! It's crazy today (yes, crazier than usual). While I was eating breakfast the sun was shining bright and I thought to myself how nice it will be to finally ride to work in sunlight. By the time I left the house i was raining. And as I rode it got worse and worse, until at one point it was hailing and pelting me on the neck. Then it went back down to just rain again. Of course when I got in the building and took off all my soaking gear, looked out the window, and it was sunny again. :grumble:

Oh well. At least now I can check "ride motorcycle in the hail" off the todo list!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Totally! It's crazy today (yes, crazier than usual). While I was eating breakfast the sun was shining bright and I thought to myself how nice it will be to finally ride to work in sunlight. By the time I left the house i was raining. And as I rode it got worse and worse, until at one point it was hailing and pelting me on the neck. Then it went back down to just rain again. Of course when I got in the building and took off all my soaking gear, looked out the window, and it was sunny again. :grumble:

Oh well. At least now I can check "ride motorcycle in the hail" off the todo list!
    YUP! Nuts huh! luckily it mostly dumped while I was working out in the gym... then sunny for my walk back and now even sunnier.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options

Nov. 5th, 2009. That was my first ride in hail. It was also my first time piloting a motorcycle on the open road (not at an MSF course). Thank you PNW. Waterproof gear is an absolute must around here for the monsoon season.

Since then, rain, hail, sleet, snow, dust storm (rode through a few dust devils)...lots of weather options to ride in up here.

Can't wait to ride home in a few minutes.