100 Push-up challenge! Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• rockabyesarojane
    Options
    alright ladies. last night was my exhaustion test and i managed 35 consecutive push ups.

It's pretty crazy to think about where we were two weeks ago versus where we are now.

from 14 to 35 is more than double! i don't know about the rest of you but i am really pumped to see what we can do after week 4!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    W3D1

Pushups: 67
    Situps: 104
    Squats: 94

I need to look this up later but I think I might go to the middle column cause the first one didn't seem like enough. We'll see. ;D
  • sisterlilbunny
    Options
    Ok I am going to go with column 2. I added up the minimum and it's like 72 (and I just added it up, think I can remember??). I think I can do it. Wish me luck!!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to do a quick check in with you all...

As I mentioned in my last post, I have decided to start the challenge over from week 1 since it had been so long since I had done ANY working out.

Well, I am thrilled to report that my (second) initial test was this morning and I was able to do 19 modified (on my knees) pushups - that's 6 more than the first time!

Keep up the great work, all!! :drinker:
  • sisterlilbunny
    Options
    Awesome Tobi!!!!! ^5!
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sara-Jane - Wow, great job!! I'm also excited to see where we are in the coming weeks, this program rocks.

Tobi - Sounds like a good plan, you'll be so much stronger going in to this round, good luck (even though you won't need it!).

Bunny - Awesome that you jumped up a column, it's good to push when you know you need it, you're doing a fab job!

Hope you are all having a great week, I still need to do my PUs today, plan on doing that around 4. I'll post results later.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I feel like such a loser. I am on week 2, again, day 2. I did 5,6,4,4 and 10. It is still really hard. And I gained back 2 pounds over the last week. Arghhh...But my clothes fit a little better and my arms fit into my clothes a little better. Every day is so hard!
  • sisterlilbunny
    Options
    Cessnaholly, there is no shame with what you are doing! Look where you were when we started!! Everyone has a different make up eh? Keep at it and your arms are gonna rock!!
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    W3 D2 Total = 80 Max = 19 (all toes)

Holly - way to stick with it! It will get easier! Make sure you are taking a day in between to allow your muscles time to recover. It can be hard. There are several of us who have had to back off, but just stick with it! I lift weights and do the push ups on the same day - which makes it tougher and I gotta say my arms feel like they've been pummeled!! But I do it that way to make sure I get the rest day in between - and I dropped back a column. Hang in there and keep going - we're with you!!!

Tobi - Fantastic job on the 2nd exhaustion test! You are making progress!!

One more workout for the week Ladies!!! I think we need a name for our group, don't you?? Any ideas?

Michelle
  • sisterlilbunny
    Options
    W3D2!

Push-ups: 81
    Sit-ups: 121
    Squats: 107

Did it. Tired. But did it.

Booyah!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    w1d1: 45 : 10-12-7-7-9
    w1d2: 50 : 10-12-8-8-12
    w1d3: 64 : 11-15-9-9-13-20

w2d1: 70 : 14-14-10-10-15-22
    w2d2: 78 : 14-16-12-12-17-24
    w2d3: 83 : 16-17-14-14- 22

exhaustion test: 35

w3d1: 90: 14-18-14-14-30
  • cessnaholly
    Options
    Did better this time. Thanks for all the support fellow pushupers!

Is it ALWAYS going to be hard to do pushups?

W2 (again) D2 - 5,7,5,5 and 15
  • cessnaholly
    Options
    I meant W2 D3
  • mmtiernan
    Options
    W3 D3 = 90 Max = 23 (all toes)

Hope everyone else is still doing great with the challenge!! Can you believe we are already halfway? I can't believe that I did 90 full push ups today!! I can really see some great improvement in my arms - will definitely need to post pictures when we are done!
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Oops forgot to post my W3D2 & W3D3:
    W3D2: 83 (22Max)
    W3D3: 93 (26 Max)

Looking forward to next week. Not sure about you guys but I found D3 to be very hard this week. Might also be due to AFs arrival. Hope next week goes better. :)
  • sisterlilbunny
    Options
    Okay I failed and didn't get day three in this week. I will get it in here though, I'll just be a day behind y'all. :(
  • cessnaholly
    Options
    Ok. W3 D1 - 10, 12, 7, 7, and 15 max. I didn't think I would be able to do 10 - but whoo hoo. I would have given up if not part of this group. We rock! We should all post our "after arm" pics of one bicep when we are done.
  • mmtiernan
    Options
    W4 D1: 21 -25-21-21 Max 35

Before you get all impressed, they were all from the knees. I managed to wrench my back this weekend hauling items to the trash, and rather than missing the challenge (! no way !!) I went to the knees to protect my back and moved to column 3 because they were way too easy on column 2! So frustrating hurting my back!! That puts a serious crimp in my exercise routine!!!

Hope the rest of you are having a great week and pumping out the push ups!!

Michelle
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    well i missed a couple days here or there. so i'm a little more behind the rest of the crew. but i'm still going strong and giving it my all. here are my latest updates!

w1d1: 45 : 10-12-7-7-9
    w1d2: 50 : 10-12-8-8-12
    w1d3: 64 : 11-15-9-9-13-20

w2d1: 70 : 14-14-10-10-15-22
    w2d2: 78 : 14-16-12-12-17-24
    w2d3: 83 : 16-17-14-14- 22

exhaustion test: 35

w3d1: 90: 14-18-14-14-30
    w3d2:105:20-25-15-15-30

TONIGHT my assignment is a total of 120, but i'm going to aim for 125! WISH ME LUCK!
  • cessnaholly
    Options
    Hello all. We are all doing so well - and at our own speed. Glad we are supportive of each other. That makes all the difference.

W2D2 - 10, 12, 8 ,8, and 15.

These are all on my knees but my husband says that those count too. He was in the USN and can do like 1 million pushups so I'll buy into that.

To all of us - Yeehaw!