Sharon's Getting Ready for Swimsuit Season challenge

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Welcome katlondoncanuck and danngrz. There's nothing more involved then stating your goals and then logging in to this thread as often as possible to both share your progress and comment on others. We're just all working together to support and encourage each others success.

Hope you join us!
    Sharon
  • bebemc
    bebemc Posts: 38
    Options
    Looks like everyone is off to a great week. Boot camp and spin for me today. It is getting hot here in FL so the afternoon boot camp was very draining. Boot camp again tomorrow hopefully it we will get a breeze!
  • mistyrider
    Options
    Can i join you all?

I'm pretty new here (3 weeks, but about 10 days of that was a write off due to a death in the family). I've only lost 3 lbs, but have been doing the 30 Day Shred (day 8 today!) and am seeing some results there.

Would love some extra motivation :) Goals are in my siggy - really hoping to hit mini goal 1 by my next weigh in (Sunday).

So if you'll have me, count me in!!!
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    As I am going to the beach in late July, I would love to join your challenge. I just ordered Turbo Fire and am excited to get started. I also use a pilates reformer which is amazing.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies! art4fun69 I'm sure you'll LOVE Turbo Fire. It's been the BEST workout for me so far.

Quick post today. Got up super late so only had time for TF Fire 30 (used weighted gloves). Burned 316 cals. Need to do my C25K training as well later so should burn some more doing that. :smile:

Have a great Wednesday!
    -Anita
  • telcochik
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone! Turbo Fire day for me...Fire 55EZ in fact. HRM showed 521 calorie burn.

Welcome art4fun and Mistyrider! Becky it's great to see you!

Nice burn Anita!

Day 3 of my Shakeology plan and the scale was down again...plus how is it possible that chocolate and peanutbutter can taste so YUMMY and be so good for you? Today's shake came out more like ice cream...OMG to die for!

Have a great day.
    Sharon
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Weclome to all the newcomers on the thread! Feel free to friend me if you'd like some extra encouragement on your news feed...I have a slight MFP addiction and tend to comment often!

Hi Mistyrider! Welcome! We have similar weight loss goals...GOOD LUCK!

Great job with Turbo Fire Anita! You are doing awesome with your workouts!

Sharon - I have a feeling you won't have any trouble reaching goal at the rate you're going! Excellent!

As for me, I got my treadmill run in at 6am this morning! Watched some biggest loser on the DVR while I ran which was good motivation! 5.3 miles and 45 minutes is my personal best since re-starting my running journey 3 weeks ago! I'm off to work now but definitely plan to get in my P90X and a run tomorrow! Have a great Wednesday ladies!
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone and Happy Wednesday-

Today was my 3rd day of cardio core and balance and I must say that I was actually pretty tired when I finished today. My body (especially my hip flexors, quads, glutes, and shoulders, were sore and tight after. When I finished because I wanted to take advantage of the beautiful day we were having, I made the not so thought through decision to strap my daughter Carlisa into the jogging stroller and run uphill to my parents house who live about a mile up the road. My run turned into a brisk walk because my body was tired but I managed to burn 710 calories today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

-Felicia
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Happy Wednesday. Everyone is doing an amazing job. Welcome to the newbies. I had a wonderful surprise this morning. I have conquered my plateau (for those that don't know I have been on a plateau for 3 weeks now). I was down another 0.8 lbs which brings my total to 35.6 lbs. I was super excited. Turbojam did the trick. I wasn't able to do my long Turbojam last night, so I did the short version (20 mins ) burning about 243 cal. Tonight I am going to strive for the long Cardio Party (40 mins) as long as I can get my babies to bed early. It will burn about 483 calories. Plus, I am taking my babies outside since it is a nice day. I hope everyone had a great rest of the day.
  • yarnhoarder
    yarnhoarder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge to help stay motivated :) I'm starting Slim in 6 tomorrow.
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed Turbo Fire 30 And Upper 20 Today, burned 430 cals:bigsmile: , tomorrow is 55 EZ And Abs 10, hope everyone is having a great wednesday
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, yesterday I tried something different and threw in 30ds level one, burning 180 cals. energy has been down so much, everyone seems to be sick here :( I was thinking that was low, but I guess if you multiply it by 3 for an hour workout, its pretty good. just use to those higher burns since they are longer workouts.

hope everyone has a good hard workout today!
  • sas16
    Options
    Today I did TF HIIT 15 and CLX's Lean Circuit 3 & I've Got Abs. My arms & shoulders are screamin! Burned 401 calories.

Have a great day!!
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Today I did a 45 minute yoga session, and it was hard with tough poses. I think I burn more than the calculator says, but oh well, I am still getting up and doing something. After yoga I did 15 minute weight training on my arms mixed with a butt workout. I burned 190 calories and I haven't even done my elliptical yet today. I'm thinking about starting c25k. I haven't decided on a schedule yet or which day to start. Every little step counts.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hey Gang! Looks like this thread is really picking up some steam. I'm so happy that each and every one of you made the commitment to join and share. We're all in for a treat this summer with our new HOT bodies and phenomenal attitudes about health and fitness. WTG I am so proud to be a part of this group!

Today I did CLX Lean Circuit 2 (shoulders and back)...OMG my shoulders are SCREAMING! Double chocolate peanutbutter and strawberries was today's Shakeology recipe for breakfast. Lesson learned...hubby made kick a** crab cakes last night but I should have stopped at eating 1 instead of 2 because the scale was up 0.5lb. Anyway, I'm still down 1 lb overall so far this week so we'll see how the weigh in goes on Saturday.

Welcome yarnhoarder! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Slim in 6.

Great job on the yoga Kelli...I am so bad at yoga that I don't do it.

Amazing work Anita...that's a lot of workout you crammed in to one day!

Feel better soon Chrissie!

Great job as always Moraima! You are a ROCKSTAR!

Have a great Thursday everyone!
    Sharon
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Hello ladies! Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

Today I only got in 30 minutes on the treadmill because I just didn't want to get my butt up and moving this morning. So by the time I hit the treadmill, 30 minutes and little man was awake! But better than nothing. Then during his nap got in my back and biceps routine. Love this one! Used 12 lb weights for everything which is good for me! My goal is to increase up to 15 lbs by the end of this next 30 days.

Everyone is doing awesome with their workouts! Keep up the fantastic work.

And just curious...any one have any swim suits in mind that they are planning to buy?! I want to see them if you do! I'll try to find a picture of mine!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    I am not looking for anything specific for a bathing suit. I just want a tankini in a smaller size (last year I was a 1X). I am hoping to be a size 10/12 when I go to buy one. I haven't really started looking yet though.
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed Turbo Fire 55 Ez and Abs 10, burned 508 a little lower then usual, tomorrow is fire 60 and Stretch 10, hope everyone is having a fantastic evening :flowerforyou:
  • sas16
    Options
    Happy Friday! Today was TF Fire 60 and HRM says I burned 583 calories! Sweat kept pouring into my eyes. I was drenched after that workout! Felt good though!

Have a great day!
    -Anita
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    I did my short workout last night (20 mins) burning about 242 cal. I was late getting to my workout, so I couldn't do the long one. I had a nice surprise this morning...I stepped on the scale, and I have lost another 0.6 lbs which brings my total to 36.2 lbs. I am headed towards that 40 lb mark; I will be ecstatic when I hit it because then I am 3/4 of the way to my goal. I am planning on trying a new workout tonight with Chalene that focuses on my abs (40 mins). It will all depend on time and when I can get my babies to bed. I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!! The weekend is right around the corner.