Who wants to start Jillians 30 Day Shred with me?

Options

Replies

• Mandmboys
    Options
    I am in!!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    I just finished day 4 of level 1. My stamina was better and I was able to do more high impact work tonight. I also held a can of tomatos (14oz) in each hand as weights tonight. The other 3 nights I didn't use any weight. I could def feel the difference.

right on!!!! I did day 3 today. Got hubby to do it too. I wish my weights were heavier for some of the workouts and lighter for others. My shin is killing me though... i think i get shin splints? ugh! I am just icing it right away and pushing through the pain.
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Day 3 down!! I'm not sure it's getting any easier for me, I'm trying to push harder. Think I might like to use less weight. Started with 4 lbs and really felt it today in my shoulders. I'm kinda sore in the morning but it's better after walking 2 miles in the morning to get me going. I don't do my "shredding" until I come home from work at 5:30 and it's kind of a pick me up after sitting all day.

I'm not sure I will have even the modified routine down really well after just 10 days, do you have to move to level 2 after 10 days or can you stay on level 1 until your really comfortable with it.

Didn't lose any more weight yet, kinda bummed about that but will definitely keep going:smile: . Really hoping to see some measurement results at day 10 even if there isn't any weight loss.
  • kellibean13
    kellibean13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Day 4, 30 Day Shred: complete! (and I even bumped up my intensity!) I shouldn't be surprised that a full 8 hours of sleep makes working out SO much better! :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Everyone's doing an awesome job....Its hard and I'm sore but it is a good sore and by day 10 we will all be doing this work out like its nothing.....then it will be on to Level 2 lol

Welcome to all the newbies :flowerforyou:
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Day four - done :-)
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Day 4, 30 Day Shred: complete! (and I even bumped up my intensity!) I shouldn't be surprised that a full 8 hours of sleep makes working out SO much better! :)

Way to bump it up.
  • michelle_d06
    Options
    Bump
  • AnaBellaMarieXo
    Options
    Ok im starting today bought my weights and downloaded the dvd Lol im a little late but ill be posting before and after pics :) how is it? do we do this everyday? i need some tips on how everyone does it

Thanks !
    -Ana
  • MsSouthernBelle5
    MsSouthernBelle5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm a little new to MFP as well and so far I've just been trying to find a place to fit in. Do you all mind if I join you? I admit I have been doing the shred for a couple of weeks, but I can use the motivation and it definitely won't hurt to keep going. I was so excited that I didn't even check the entire thread so forgive me if I ask questions that have been answered previously.

Welcome to the challenge! Are you on Level 2?!
    Kim

I am not on level 2 because I don't have the dvd. I am doing it through Comcast on demand and they only have level 1 up now. I will be getting the dvd's to start when you all make it to that level. I love the idea of having us on working it together.
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 2.....it was much better than Day 1...
    I did all of the jumping jacks with no substituting this time...I am so proud of me. I did one set of wall push ups and and then the girl push-ups and I was able to do 10 in a row...way better than the 5 I could barely do on Monday
    Time to get me some 3lbs weights though for now I am using two cans of peas :blushing:

and to top it all off I did it right after 40 minutes of Zumba Woo Hoo!!!.....didnt think I could do it but I told myself I can let myself get more days behind the group....so glad I joined this group...now I have an extra push to do this workout

Great job!!! So glad that you are enjoying it.
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I completed Day 4 this morning before work and plan on doing my daily 4 mile walk this evening. I was able to do a little better at it today. It is amazing at the endurance change in just a few workouts. So thankful for this group. Y'all motivate me along with my sis who is doing this too.

Barb
  • kellibean13
    kellibean13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good job, everyone! It's awesome to be part of such an inspiring and dedicated group! It's tough to do this every day, but I expect that our before and after pics will be AMAZING! :happy:
  • Nina_Crowson
    Options
    Im actually quite excited to do day 4 today! I like knowing im ahlfway to the next level. My pushups look a bit better, i still look like a hot mess doing jumping jacks, I swear im going to give myself a black eye. lol.
    But th ebest part of the shred? When you get to the cool down stretching, it feels AMAZING to stretch the sore muscles! Like better than sex good...maybe. lol.
    Im doing the shred along with walking a mile uphill, or the elipitical at 5 resistance for 15 mins & weight lifting.
    I can not wait to see results!!
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Okay I just had to post this! It made me CRACK UP!!

"Day 3 - I coupled the 30 Day Shred with a 10K run this morning. Many people have asked if the Shred is going to replace my normal workouts. NO! I have a 15 mile trail run in 1 month, and although I do believe this is a great workout, I also know it does not replace running 20 – 25 miles a week. So, I view the Shred as a "supplement" to my training. However, I think it could be an excellent stand-alone workout for others! I had a great time this morning "shredding." Jillian, you are truly growing on me…I just love the "You can do it!" attitude. However, the fitness models irritate me. Anita, you make it look too easy. I can’t even breathe during the modified workouts and there you are, bouncing around like you’re on crack. Oh, Anita!! I’m still doing modified push-ups for most of the push-ups, but I’m trying to slowly switch to the real thing."

--http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/2009/03/30-day-shred-challenge.html
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    This group is keeping me motivated too. Love it. About to do day 4.

-Sugar, I downloaded Zumba and did all 45 minutes yesterday. It was fun. Thanks :)
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Something I LOVE about the Shred is that Jillian makes you do cardio, i am panting and close to passing out, lol. Then I am so thankfull for the "rest" I get with strength, till i think my arms and legs are about to fall off, she switches it up again. It's perfect!
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    Options
    I found myself talking back to the DVD LOL
    When Jillian was like YOU CAN DO THIS
    I was like YEAH! lol...then I wanted to punch her and run away by the end of it :(
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Something I LOVE about the Shred is that Jillian makes you do cardio, i am panting and close to passing out, lol. Then I am so thankfull for the "rest" I get with strength, till i think my arms and legs are about to fall off, she switches it up again. It's perfect!

I'm with you. I did day 4 this morning (yay me!). It was easier today, but still not easy by a long shot. Didn't take any breaks, managed to actually do the butt-kick jog. Never in my life would I have thought that I couldn't do cardio for 2 minutes. It feels like an eternity. Just when I'm ready to pass out, she moves on. I almost look forward to the ab work because I get to lay down.

I'm not quite as sore today as I have been, but still find myself making unitentional "old lady" moans when I try to stand after sitting for a while. This dvd should knock a good 10 years off my age.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    This group is keeping me motivated too. Love it. About to do day 4.

-Sugar, I downloaded Zumba and did all 45 minutes yesterday. It was fun. Thanks :)

i ddint even know you could download it.......please do share :blushing: