You're about to buy a doughnut .......................

Replies

• parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    how much/how long will I have to exercise to burn that off (if I haven't allotted the calories)
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    I haven't had a doughnut in forever... but considering getting one of the pumpkin ones at Dunkin! o:)
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    i know that donuts (or whatever) are going to be there the next day and the day after, so i wont be missing anything if i dont get one today. If it is a seasonal treat, then i will make room in my daily plan.

This. Sometimes I think we imagine this is the last donut, cookie, whatever we will ever have the chance to enjoy - when it is not, at least not here in the U.S. :)

• Reyreygirl
    Reyreygirl Posts: 19 Member
    edited October 2014
    Is it worth it? Sometimes I decide yes and sometimes I decide no. Depending on how well i've been working out.
  • GoingSlightlyMad
    GoingSlightlyMad Posts: 190 Member
    You buy it, you eat it, you enjoy the crap out of it and then you log it and move on with your life.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    I live across the street from a Dunkin' Donuts. I have these crises all the time. Usually I just remind myself that the place will still be there tomorrow so if I still want a donut I can work it into my tomorrow calories. I seldom still want it that much the next day.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    If I was craving a donut and didn't want to eat a donut, I would not be somewhere that sells donuts. Problem solved.
  • Not a donut fan, but I get the point :smile: If I'm craving something, I work out how many calories it would be and if it fits into my day. If not, I have to decide if I want to exercise that day to make up the calories to eat whatever it is. Usually the answer is "no".
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    the taste of it in my mouth
  • lisaducharme54
    lisaducharme54 Posts: 32 Member
    I decided to turn my back and walk the other direction. Sure the doughnut will taste good but after a couple hours I'll feel terrible it's just a temporary high!
    Lisa
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Pretty sure the made from scratch pumpkin donuts I had this weekend were worth every single calorie!
  • alazio
    alazio Posts: 44 Member
    I agree with others that if you can spare the calories, do it. But I assume you are talking about when there are no calories to spare, and you're about to do it anyway. I try to replace the impulse with something else impulsive...could be as simple as making a coffee run instead of a donut run, or something bigger like shopping for a new pair of jeans (perhaps a pair I could not have fit into before). Then I congratulate myself heavily for thinking like a skinny person :-)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I had doughnuts for breakfast today. Bacon for lunch today. White rice for dinner today. And cookies for dessert today. I eat what I want, when I want it. I just don't OVER indulge, I simply satisfy myself. Depriving sets you up for binges.
    It may set you up for binges. Other people can eliminate things like that.

People do switch to eating healthy food and succeed! It happens.

If you need bacon, donuts and cookies every day in order to lose weight, that is GREAT for you. But it isn't great for every single person.

Some people have to eliminate certain foods in order to avoid binging.

Some people don't view skipping the donut as depriving themselves. They think of it as giving themselves a healthier lifestyle. It's a gift and a gain, not a deprivation.

Everyone has to follow their own path.

I believe the point the posters is making is that you can eat the foods you like and lose weight...deprivation of donuts, or whatever your treat is, is not necessary...
    Since they said, "Depriving sets you up for binges," I thought that might have been the point.

That's what I was addressing there - what they actually said.

I agree that skipping isn't necessary for everyone, but it is for some, of course.

You should see what your doctor thinks.
    lakers_oh_snap.gif
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    shai74 wrote: »
    I either make it fit, or I understand it's a treat. I so rarely have doughnuts anymore that having one and going a little over isn't going to be the end of my progress.

And who the hell would argue with this......

bite.jpg

Each to their own I supposed. That picture makes me want to gag. I can't look at food without thinking about what's in it, and there's nothing good in that. Not to mention the sick, headachy feeling I know I'd get from too much sugar.

This on the other hand ...

bacon-2.jpg

maple+bar.jpg

Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Bar.

/thread

EEK!! Why would you destroy perfectly delicious bacon like that?!?!

Oh who am I kidding, it'd probably taste delicious. Sadly I'm like shai74 and while I can enjoy eating super sweet things my tummy tends to feel queasy afterwards, so I can only have a bite or 2 unless I want to feel icky. Boooo!

So yeah, I'd rather have the plate of bacon. Though last time I ate a pound of bacon pretty much at once I didn't feel so hot either, so maybe just some of the plate of bacon.

Life is so difficult!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    No way, I enjoy every single delicious bite of said donut. The hardest part is choosing which one I want!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQXgbcFiwe1E8fNzWZvslgkuQZQR0NXHID0XHRYx5xuNd2HaiY

drool.gif
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    I don't buy the doughnut. I get a whole dozen of the munchkins instead, sit in a dark corner and throw things at people who want me to share.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    I dont eat donuts often, because I really like the fresh ones, and those are not sold in my town. If I want a donut, I'll buy a half dozen flavors, and make it a "special breakfast" for the whole family.

We typically eat donuts on Christmas morning, as a special treat. Also on the occasional trip out to the amish bakery.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I went to voodoo, got that. Not that good. Was not worth the 15 minute line at 1am.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Basically, if I want it, I either work it in to my day today, or I make sure there is room tomorrow.

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    If I want one I make it fit in my day......because donuts are part of life!!!!