40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    It worked, now, I need to figure out how to make it smaller.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    Great photo!

I am going to go lift, now.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids, Hope all of you are well on this fine Tuesday. It is rather warm today. My PT took it to me as usual today. She is increasing my weights and I can feel myself getting stronger each week. Last night she gave us 4 circuits at extreme fit to complete and I was really surprised I was not sore this morning.

I am really proud of all of your loses and the things you are doing to stay on track. Keep up the great job.

Have a great day.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. I had Jacob this morning. We had fun as usual, but I hate dropping him off lately. :cry: I would rather hang out with him than go to work. Stinks being a responsible adult sometimes! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Hubs has been making small strides. They were able to get him out of bed and into a recliner today with the use of a lift. Hopefully they can try a little more each day so he can get out of there as soon as possible.
    Being stress and other things this week, I am having some difficulty staying on track with the food. The chocolate is everywhere this week since everyone is bringing in left over or over stock of Halloween candy. I have been more resistant to this in the past, but it is not working so well this week. Trying to be diligent about exercising though.

Sdereski- love the pic of your grand daughter!
    - Here is one of Jacob:
    - halloweenjake_zps6e137eaa.jpg
  • KellySue67
    Options
    I never know how to make them smaller either- I thought I had it before I put it up, but it is big!
  • moogplayer
    moogplayer Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    These are my people!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Great picture, KellySue!

• Beeps2011
    Options
    Here is a picture of me from Halloween Day....after I took my measurements and hopped on the scale.

Progress!

4wufblible7t.jpg
  • jneesy
    jneesy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hello
    just started on this site but have been on the healthy path for about 9 months now i'm 44 and a truck driver when 2013 came in i weighed 345 lbs was a 3 pack a day smoker and led an all around crappy lifestyle i don't know what clicked (mortality i guess) but i changed kicked the smokes and dropped to about a 1500 calorie a day diet i've struggled a little bit at times but just weighed myself and was 290 lbs (and feel a world better) its nice to have a place to talk to people about this because all my friends think i'm insane
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Kids.

My boss had to be out so I had office relief today. I came in at 0800 instead of my usual 1500. There has been a steady stream of voters coming through, but the phone has been dead. Not that I'm complaining, but you can only read so many posts on sports blogs before you drift off to sleep. The polls close at 1900, then I will put up the tables and chairs. After that I will go on up to the courthouse to wait for Margie to get though with the vote counting.

My bad back picked today to hurt. I've had a bad back for almost 30 years, but it's been months since I've had any kind of back pain. This morning when I got out of the car here at work, I yelled it hurt so bad. I have no idea what I did to it. I did about 3/4 of my regular cardio before work, and it didn't hurt then. {although my shoulder was hurting when I got up. I guess I slept too hard} Getting old is not for the weak.

I loved the kid's pictures. Very cute. Also the one of Beep's powerful back and shoulders. Some serious definition there.

Welcome to the new guys. jneesy, great job losing weight. I think the guys who don't try are the ones who are insane. Good luck to you in your lifestyle change.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you guys hare having a good day.

Larro
  • BaldheadSlick
    BaldheadSlick Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to hang around here as this looks like where I need to be. Folks who know what it's like to juggle family, work and pain to get in the gym or outside.

I'm just trying to drop some body fat for an upcoming trip and by the new year, I expect to hit cruise control and just focus on keeping it off. However, sitting on my butt all day and the winter makes this quite a challenge, but everything's a challenge so there's always something.

So greetings everyone and I look forward to learning quite a bit.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    46 here. Is dieting and the idiotically low macros frustrating for everyone else as it is for me? I swear the 20 somethings can eat double my calories for maintenance!
  • webtracer
    webtracer Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I'm 43 ... on the downhill slide to 44. LOL

Used to work out a lot. Starting to get back into the groove ... as of last week. Saw some pictures of myself and was quite shocked. Time to change!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Hump Day! Got my butt outta bed this am and made it to the gym for some cardio- good times! :sweat_smile:
    - Welcome to all the new folks! Stick around we can be interesting!
    - Hubs had a good day yesterday! Therapy got him out of bed with the lift and he spent the day in a recliner- first time out of bed in two weeks! He got to do the majority of his therapy in the therapy room instead of his room and only needed pain meds before therapy and then later in the evening when he got back into bed (therapy meds given at 8:30 and he got back into bed around 7:30). Looking for continued progress so he can get out before thanksgiving!! He has a list of food items that he wants when he does get out though- He says the food is awful there!!!

So, I had an interesting experience the other day. For those of you who are new- I have lost 100lbs in a little less than two years. I still have about 30 to go to be considered in IBW range for my height- 5'2". Any how, I have this pooch of stubborn :angry: belly fat and someone asked when I was due!! I know that this person doesn't know me well, but I really felt deflated at that moment. I joked it off with that person, but left feeling a bit discouraged :disappointed: Am I being over-sensitive?? It certainly has been an emotional few weeks for me so it could just be, but man! so much work to still have someone ask a question like that!!

Oh, and the house- what a process! The electric has been inspected and turned on. The gas company is coming tomorrow and they will pressure test the lines and turn the gas on. I have to call to get the water turned on today and the house has not been officially inspected yet! I am not patient with this stuff and wish that it was all done yesterday!!

Have a good day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Do people REALLY still stupidly ask the "when are you due?" Question?!?! Dumb.

On a positive note, you look young enough to procreate!

Please don't let the insensitivity of one person wreck your day....you have done an AMAZING thing and I salute you!

• Beeps2011
    Options
    I lift, today!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    jneesy wrote: »
    hello
    just started on this site but have been on the healthy path for about 9 months now i'm 44 and a truck driver when 2013 came in i weighed 345 lbs was a 3 pack a day smoker and led an all around crappy lifestyle i don't know what clicked (mortality i guess) but i changed kicked the smokes and dropped to about a 1500 calorie a day diet i've struggled a little bit at times but just weighed myself and was 290 lbs (and feel a world better) its nice to have a place to talk to people about this because all my friends think i'm insane

this is so awesome! Good for you!

• larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

I'm three loads in on the laundry detail. My back is still hurting but I was able to do all my normal AM workout except the AbRocker. I got my two miles of walking in at work yesterday, so I'm hoping for the same today. My cleaning lady can't come today, so it will be another two weeks. She is so booked up that if she has to skip a day, she can't make it up. That means we may have to live with dusty blinds for a while.

Kelly Sue, glad your DH is showing progress. I think the bad food is part of their gameplan. They want you to hate it so bad you will do anything to get out of there. And don't let jerks get you down. You have done an amazing job, and will continue to do so.

BHSlick, Jeff, WTracker, welcome.

Beeps, you rock. {lift} BOOM!

The dryer buzzer is calling my name, so I have to run fold towels. Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Sure the two frost we had earlier this week toasted the flowerbed, but it's 83F today and not even noon yet. I walked the trash up to the road without a shirt. #Iheartflorida

10354155_839044426140682_4905454845051053814_n.jpg?oh=76e7c13514ffe1f697b56a9f13438e4c&oe=54DF77E9&__gda__=1423677265_87969bdf50cb1c9dfccd998eb0cb547b
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi all.

I've been down sick for the last couple days, but I'm starting to feel human again. Sigh.

I procrastinated this year and didn't mail in my mail-in ballot, so had to run over to a polling place last night and drop it off. I'm glad this election over. The never ending political robo calls will finally stop.

We should be getting into the mid to upper 70's today. Perfect walking weather. I'm going to take a walk around the capitol park in the next hour or so. I need it.

It looks like the construction on our master bathroom will FINALLY be finished on Friday. This has been a long project and we are ready for it to be done so we can get back to normal. Yesterday my poor little dog was a shivering ball of nerves because the construction guys were there, then the gardeners showed up, then the pool guy came. Way to many invaders on his territory!

I made some yummy turkey soup this weekend for my weekly "pot-of-something" and I've been eating a cup of that every day. Soup just sounds so good this time of year. My next soup will be butternut squash, I think.

I made reservations for my Dad and I at a restaurant for Thanksgiving. He and I have been doing that for the last few years, since my mom passed on, because we just don't need to cook up a bunch of food for just the 2 of us. We enjoy going out, having a good meal, and just relaxing. This year there aren't as many restaurants open, so I wound up reserving a table at a more upscale place than we are used to. Last year we went to Black Angus. Won't do that again. The service was great, but the food was just awful. I'll be making some Holiday Yams to bring to an office potluck, but that's about it.

We wound up having about 20 trick-or-treaters on Halloween this year. The rain stopped just long enough for the kids to make their rounds. I have tons of candy left over, so I've brought it in to work. Last year we took our leftovers to a Dental office that was collecting candy.

Well, I better get back to work. Have a great day everyone. :)