Just a "drive by" HELLO!
  • RockMe777
    RockMe777 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I need this club! Can I join??
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    Hi, just checking in. Hope every one is having a merry break and fun with family and friends. Not been getting any decent exercise apart from dog walking but eating still on track.

Looking forward to the new year
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

welcome to the newcomers :flowerforyou: davidm777, the more the merrier!!

jonnyman - any movement is good!

Quick poll: who stayed focused during the holidays, either with eating or exercise, and who took a complete break??

Yesterday was an awesome birthday for me... I lounged around, got a good workout in, had an amazing dinner, a fabulous bath and was tucked in bed at a reasonable hour, what more can a girl ask for!

Today, I will get in some leg work and then head out for a run with the winterized running gear Santa brought for me.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Welcome all new comers.

Hope you are doing well and in good spirits.

Whatabroad,,,,I stayed focus, and took additional classes at the gym because I knew everyone would be in holiday mode. It was awesome to have almost the whole gym to myself.

I trained with my trainer this morning and it was hard but worth it. I have 2 more weeks along with 2 more weigh ins before the 8 week holiday challenge is over. I am hoping for another 2-3lb loss.

What are your upcoming fitness goals? How do you plan to achieve them?

For those of you who go to the gym, will you have a special feature for New Year's Day? My gym is offering a 75 minute extreme bootcamp and yes I am signed up for it.

Until next time cool kids.

Have an awesome day.
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    WhatABroad - Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great day! :flowerforyou:

I didn't lose any weight over the holidays, but didn't gain any either. In my book, that's a point in the win column.
    I also logged everything, even really UGLY days because that's what works for me in staying on track. For some, taking a complete break from logging and everything else works just fine. Sadly, I'm not in that boat. :laugh:

My husband's birthday is New Year's Eve and my father's is New Year's Day, so I see cake in my future! :love:
    I'm not quite finished with the holiday fun just yet!

caramel - I think my gym has all kinds of special things going for January 1st. Your extreme bootcamp sounds fun!

For 2014, I'm going to be tackling my emotional eating head on. This has always been a trouble spot for me in an otherwise fairly healthy lifestyle. I plan on doing some research and reading on the topic and getting some tools to help me when I feel stressed, tired, or overwhelmed. This will keep me very busy.

Best wishes to all of you for a happy, healthy 2014!! :smile:
  • enipla
    enipla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

DH and I headed up to the mountains today. I carried extra weight in my pack for the extra workout.. Since there is not a lot of snow right now we hiked and carried our snowshoes on our packs. We hiked for a good 4.5-5 hours. Felt great . As for the holidays I did not lose any weight but I didn't gain any either.

Whatabroad-Happy belated birthday.

1968sammuel- Have fun with the birthdays coming up.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    We did a 7-course tasting menu at a fancy-pants restaurant for hubby's bday.

I ate only half of each plate that arrived - and my husband ate his own portion plus my half! Everything was deeeeeeee-lish, but I was just so sick of eating!

Anyway, it was a super-fun time and we really liked the food.

Today feels like a "no eating" day - we are traveling home! Mind you, that doesn't mean "no calories", as I sit here with plenty o' Bailey's in my coffee. Forgive me - that's what it takes for me to survive these holidays!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hello cool kids hope you are well,

Beeps nice to see you back. Glad you had a nice time.

I weighed in today and lost 3lbs exactly. Talk about excitement. My trainer told me how proud he was and of course I blushed like a kid.

How many of you utilize your employer's wellness program if applicable? January 1st I max out each year for some of my personal training. I take advantage of everything they offer. Why not? It's free.

The year is almost over. Geez I was just getting used to writing and saying 2013.

Hugs to you all.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids! Made it to the gym today and did cardio plus arms, shoulders,& back. Yahoo! I bought a fitbit flex over the weekend and hoping it turns out to be a worthwhile investment. Time will tell.

I think overall, I stayed fairly focused. I logged pretty much everything and continued to make it to the gym when I could as well. I probably could have done a bit better, but I didn't gain any weight- I actually lost a bit so I am pleased with myself. Now to get through New Year's. We don't drink, but friends of ours have a big party at their house every year and it is a big food fest! Lots of homemade foods and goodies. I want to try to get to the gym tomorrow morning since I don't have Jake at the house- Mommy is on school vacation until the 6th. Hopefully I can motivate myself to get up and go in the morning.

Have a good day!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Today it is back to logging and counting and exercising and ALL of IT! I'm ready....here we go!
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Way to go caramel and KellySue! Losing during the holidays is very impressive! :flowerforyou:

Welcome back Beeps!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Monday cool kids, hope everyone is well and ready to get back into high gear.

Welcome back beeps, its been lonely without you.

I have extreme fit class followed by yoga.

Thanks for the congrats 1968samuel. I appreciate it.

Have a great day cool kids.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi, hi, hi!!!! How did all the holidays go?!??!? Who is making what sort of new year's resolution?!?!?!? Spill some details, peeps!!

I got my lifting in-and-done, today, and it took 90 FRICKIN' MINUTES!!

BOOM!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Beeps I decided months ago that my next large goal is to have a photo shoot in August. My short term is to push myself even harder with circuit training, boxing, TRX class and weight training. My trainer knows how much I hate running, but I have chose to embrace it to get better at it.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

welcome back Beeps, sounds like an amazing dinner!

Congrats to KellySue and caramel for losing during the holidays! my scale was up a couple days due to the shock of the carbs I was consuming but came right back down again. Looking at my calendar, my grumpiness and puffy feeling makes sense, Aunt Flo is coming for her visit soon. =|

Today was weigh in for a 15 week weight loss group I joined. My goal is to get down to 182, an 8lb loss... in all actuality, that was where I wanted to weigh in at for the end of 2013, 180lbs. I got side tracked a couple times and then switched my focus to weight lifting after my half marathon but still ate like I was burning 600 - 1000 cals regularly so that also set me back a few weeks as well!! lol

I have set out a couple long term 2014 goals for myself but still need to iron them out before announcing them. My goals for January are to lose 2.5lbs, eat an apple everyday and to set up a reminder to get up every hour and walk around for at least 2 minutes. I have one right now for water so I am just going to add another!

After work is chest & arms and a 30 minute speed interval run.

Have an awesome night everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    photoshoots are SO MUCH FUN, caramel....yahoo!!! I actually want to get some professional head-shots done - I should do that sometime in June, maybe. (Except all the photogs will be busy with weddings.) So, maybe I should aim for March/April, instead!

WhataBroad - I didn't even bother weighing today....probably won't weigh until weeks' end, if at all this week. Can't be good news, so why bother??? Also, congrats on meeting your 2013 goals! BOOM!
  • enipla
    enipla Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was going to take today off from my workout...I am such a creature of habit as I always do one right after work. Well, today I was so tired I took a nap instead with the idea I would not do one. After my short power nap I was feeling much better and did a mini workout in the basement ( 20min spin and about 20 min weights and 10 core) Happy I was able to get one in.

Part of my problem is that I like to have dinner ready and on the table for DH when he gets home so if I push my workout later it is too hard to accomplish that. He by no means expects it...but appreciates it.

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss. Keep it up!!
  • I'm in my 40s. I'm new and just gonna jump in. I'm looking for new friends for motivation and support. Please add me, if u would like to make a new friend. Thank you. :-)
  • devodev44
    devodev44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've certainly cleared the 40 bar and this might be some extra motivation for 2014.