Just for today -- anyone want to join me on a 10 week "Just for today"

Options

Replies

• cgerm1105
    Options
    Just for today, I will log all food eaten.
    Just for today, I will drink more water.
    Just for today, I will not let work stress me out.

Thank you for this thread ...
  • THR2013
    Options
    I love this! Needing some help this month as well.

Just for today I will:
    1. Eat all the fresh vegetables I brought with me to work today
    2. Drink 64 oz of water
    3. log all my food

This is my first time using these message boards; i joined MFP after two major hip surgeries last winter, and I'm still working on getting stronger and healthier as part of the recovery. Love this thread :smile:
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! I was able to stay on track with everything yesterday.

Just for today I will eat healthy leftovers from last night and NOT pick up something new and convenient (i.e. unhealthy) just because last night's dinner won't "taste as good the next day".

Just for today I will pack up all of the leftover Halloween candy to bring to work tomorrow to get it out of my sight!

Just for today I will do SOMETHING to work out when I get home and not allow myself to use "cold and snowing" as an excuse.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

For tomorrow:

Just for today, I will say no to carbs...

I'm a little late because I've been super busy with a client visit at work. Basically, I have no time to my own. And I didn't get on the computer at home last night, and the app doesn't allow you to this section. At any rate, I made it through the day without carbs which was VERY difficult as lunch was provided, and we all went out to dinner last night.

Today:

Just for today: I will get on the elliptical tonight OR if it's not raining go for a long walk to get some exercise in.

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I was just pointed to this thread so if it's all right, I'm going to post my goal for tomorrow. I've long wanted to take a class at my gym and tomorrow at 9:00 am they have a yoga class. I am going to go do yoga tomorrow morning.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,974 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to get a run in but I was able to get an evening walk in plus an extra 5 mins on the gazelle! They had a Candy Dish at work with mini bags of M&M's. I did have JUST ONE bag, yay for me!

Just for Toady (11/7)

1. Don't over eat at the buffet tomorrow night! Portion control!!!!!!!
    2. Get an early workout done!
    3. Remember how far you've came, I CAN get back to maintenance!!!!
    4. Water, water!
  • ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will...

1. Walk to the bus stop before work (DONE!)
    2. Only eat what I brought with me
    3. Take a 30 minute walk at lunch
    4. Stay within my calorie limit, even though I'm going to a hockey game tonight.

Great thread!
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I did okay yesterday. Forgot to drink my water until I remembered this thread and then got back on track.

For today
    1. Will drink my water (3 cups down so far)
    2. Exercise after work and stay within my calories. Was called into work at 3 am this morning to deal with something so I didn't get my normal sleep or morning exercise. These are the things that normally throw me off my plan. I will stay on plan and acknowledge that body is actually craving sleep/rest when it starts to crave sugar later today.
    3. Be positive and productive.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    I was so stressed yesterday - many things with our daughters disability, and seeing doctors. I did OK, just not my best.

so. today is a new day. Just for today...
    1. I will work on getting in all my water. I think I eat when I am actually thirsty
    2. I will log every bite I eat - no matter what.
    3. I will get in a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise
    4. I will not worry about things I have no control over.
  • losingrae
    Options
    I didn't feel like exercising at all last night, but I didn't want to report that I didn't complete my one JFT, so I forced myself to walk. It was a beautiful evening too, cool, no rain. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Just for today, once I again I will get some form of exercise in.
    Just for today, I will eat no carbs.

Everyone enjoy your Friday!
  • TheBlizz35
    TheBlizz35 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will drink at least 8 glasses of water
    Just for today, I will call the local gym and finally sign up
    Just for today, I will walk the dog for at least 30 min.
  • anndisme2
    anndisme2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this thread. It's inspired me! I've decided to do two JFTs each day....one related to weight loss, and the other a personal goal. Extra long to-do lists stress me out, but I think this is do-able!

1. Just for today, I will log all my foods.

2. Just for today, I will be more patient with the kids!
    (Twin 4 y.o.s and a 2 y.o - mornings and bedtimes can get crazy...but if Mommy keeps her cool, it's soooooooooooo much better!)

• losingrae
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for today, once I again I will get some form of exercise in.
    Just for today, I will eat no carbs.

Everyone enjoy your Friday!

I didn't do an evening exercise, but I did walk on my lunch and the one break I took. I did walk from the restaurant to the arcade too. :)
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    sorry I missed yesterday but as of this morning am down 1 pound over the last week....really love this mentality of just for today :-)

so.......
    Just for today I will drink my 64 ounces of water
    Just for today I will prelogg my food and follow my diary
    Just for today I will run on my break and feel proud of my accomplishment!

Thanks for listening friends! Happy Saturday :smiley:

<3
    Ang
  • ncwc1
    ncwc1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Just decided I'd give MFP and logging and caring about myself a try again. Not very good with the following throughness or the keep goingness. Found this post and it sounded perfect. Very small goals, just for today. So my JFT goals are:
    -log my food, just for today
    -to take a deep breath, or 3, sit with the discomfort I know I will have when I...weigh myself for the first time in almost a year.
    -to go for the walk/run I have planned
    -to do my yoga video
    -and most importantly, to remember and commit to at least signing on to MFP tomorrow and posting here.
    THanks for the motivation and the idea!! It's great!
  • losingrae
    Options
    ncwc1 --- you can do it!

Weekends are always the hardest for me, as they are for most people, our normal routine changes:

Just for today, I will drink my water
    Just for today, I will log my food

Enjoy your Saturday!
  • mytime6630
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This was todays list:
    1. I will work on getting in all my water. I think I eat when I am actually thirsty ---- DONE
    2. I will log every bite I eat - no matter what --- DONE
    3. I will get in a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise ---- DONE
    4. I will not worry about things I have no control over.
    DONE

I decided to check back tonit and write how I did. Even though I did not have the best day food-wise, it is encouraging to see what I DID do correctly today. I tend to always feel like I have failed, because again today, I got into ice cream, and ate too much. BUT -- I went on a 6 mile walk today, I mowed the grass, and I worked hard at not worrying about things I cannot control. And I am working hard on my water. So, instead of being a failure today, it made me feel a little better knowing that even though I did not eat as I had wanted, I can check off all the things that I DID do, and that can make me feel like in some small way, I did succeed.

So tomorrow morning, I will start my list, and work harder at checking off each item on my JFT list, and one thing that will be on my list -- NO SUGAR!

I hope you guys all had good days as well. I don't feel nearly as alone in this struggle when I see others lists. Thanks all for helping me take this one day at a time! I am loving all the suggestions of things we can do, just one day at a time!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    anndisme2 wrote: »
    Glad I found this thread. It's inspired me! I've decided to do two JFTs each day....one related to weight loss, and the other a personal goal. Extra long to-do lists stress me out, but I think this is do-able!

1. Just for today, I will log all my foods.

2. Just for today, I will be more patient with the kids!
    (Twin 4 y.o.s and a 2 y.o - mornings and bedtimes can get crazy...but if Mommy keeps her cool, it's soooooooooooo much better!)

I love the idea of having one for weight loss, and one for personal goal. What a great idea!
  • mindybachitt
    Options
    this is a perfect thread for me. i don't know if i could continue if it was for more than just one day. just for today, i will stick to my food plan NO MATTER WHAT, and to do some form of exercise. also, i too have difficulty with night time snacking. just for today, i will not snack at night, and i will stop all eating by 7pm.
  • ncwc1
    ncwc1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Woo hoo! This is so super helpful. My JFT yesterday was to log my food for the first time (in a long, long time), and come in around my calorie goal. And I did it! I woke up super, super happy today. And I even exercised yetserday, which is a total plus. My other JFT yesterday was to make sure I logged on today. And here I am. Day #2. Happy about that. So my JFT is: -to log food again all day today
    -to cook something for the week for dinner and count calories so I can log it later
    -make lunches for the week and log them
    -go to the gym seriously. seriously.
    -go for a longer walk with the canine
    -and, of course, to remind myself tonight to log on tomorrow before I go to work