Just for today -- anyone want to join me on a 10 week "Just for today"

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    ncwc1 wrote: »
    Woo hoo! This is so super helpful. My JFT yesterday was to log my food for the first time (in a long, long time), and come in around my calorie goal. And I did it! I woke up super, super happy today. And I even exercised yetserday, which is a total plus. My other JFT yesterday was to make sure I logged on today. And here I am. Day #2. Happy about that. So my JFT is: -to log food again all day today
    -to cook something for the week for dinner and count calories so I can log it later
    -make lunches for the week and log them
    -go to the gym seriously. seriously.
    -go for a longer walk with the canine
    -and, of course, to remind myself tonight to log on tomorrow before I go to work

GREAT JOB!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I woke up this morning with a renewed commitment. I am only 15 lbs from being out of being considered "overweight" . I don't want to go backwards, which is what usually happens. So I am again committed to keep this up until I reach that goal - no matter how long it takes!

So JUST FOR TODAY
    1. I will once again log everything I eat - no matter what. Even if I am embarassed (as I was yesterday with the 3 ice cream drumsticks). I will be accountable.
    2. I will get out and go for another nice long walk, before the cold weather gets here
    3. I will work harder at drinking more water
    4. If I want to grab something to eat, I will instead grab a stick of chewing gum.

Good luck everyone!
  • cuddlesmom17
    cuddlesmom17 Posts: 12 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I love this idea! I have been on and off with MFP for over a year. Today, I start all over.

So.... JUST FOR TODAY....

1.) I will start logging my food.
    2.) I will not turn on the TV and plop down in front of it until 7PM.
    3.) I will plan my meals for the week.

This will be a very difficult holiday season for me since I lost my mom in July. She was my motivation. She is the one that was my "Good for you" cheerleader. It is time to start doing things for me... making myself feel good and caring about what I look like again. So, just for today.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Saturday:
    Just for today, I will drink my water-first time done on a weekend in a long time
    Just for today, I will log my food- done

Sunday
    Just for today, I will drink my water
    Just for today, I will log my food.

My weekend mantra :)

• ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I'm going to start doing this everyday and hopefully it can help to keep me on track.
    Just for today...
    1. I will drink 10 cups of water.
    2. I will get the rest I need to get rid of my illness.
    3. I will eat within my calorie goal.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,955 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Sun
    JFT, I will make time for my exercise
    JFT, I will make healthy food choices
    JFT, I will remember to drink water!
    JFT, Make a to do list to keep focus!

Remember the basics!!!

Sorry I've been MIA but with the move in Feb, just so much to do!!! Keep up the wonderful job everyone! Remember sometimes, WE have to take ONE DAY AT A TIME! We can do this!!!!!!!
  • losingrae
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Sunday
    Just for today, I will drink my water
    Just for today, I will log my food.

I drank 10 glasses of water and logged all of my food. YAY! First weekend in a long time I can say that I did both of these. Next weekend, it will tackling the exercise. :blush:
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will actually drink enough water. Just for today I will eat 5 fruits and veggies.
  • losingrae
    Options
    Happy Monday to all! Hopefully, we see more people on here now that the weekend is over ;)

JFT - I will log and stay within my calorie budget.

That's all I can give today. Every other Monday is a long workday for me, and I struggle with getting in exercise as well as sticking to healthy eating. When you're tired, everything is harder.
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. Hope you don't mind if I join in.

Just for today.....

I will log every nibble, bite, crumb I put into my mouth.
    I will exercise twice today
    I will remember to take my vitamins
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just for today

1. I am going to chew gum when I "feel" hungry, and wait to grab something to eat
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water. And drink a glass of water before going and getting something to eat
    3. Get out for a long walk today before the weather turns
    4. log everything that I put in my mouth
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Well I did my JFT for today! Here is tomorrow's and it is the same as today's. I will drink 8-8oz glasses of water. I will eat 6 fruits and veggies.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    anndisme2 wrote: »
    Glad I found this thread. It's inspired me! I've decided to do two JFTs each day....one related to weight loss, and the other a personal goal. Extra long to-do lists stress me out, but I think this is do-able!

1. Just for today, I will log all my foods.

2. Just for today, I will be more patient with the kids!
    (Twin 4 y.o.s and a 2 y.o - mornings and bedtimes can get crazy...but if Mommy keeps her cool, it's soooooooooooo much better!)

I love the idea of having one for weight loss, and one for personal goal. What a great idea!

I also love this idea!

JFT: I not snack AFTER 7 pm
    JFT: I WILL start crocheting again tonight! I started a blanket about 6 months ago but been crazy busy with work! Hey, now I have lots of time, yay for me!!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I love this idea. Hope you don't mind if I join in.

Just for today.....

I will log every nibble, bite, crumb I put into my mouth.
    I will exercise twice today
    I will remember to take my vitamins

Welcome to the group!!!!!

• kscm02
    kscm02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow Joan, this idea is an inspiration. I'm sitting here mentally complaining that I'm at my highest weight ever and its not going anywhere. I think I'd like to try this Just for today and see if I can help myself overcome my mindless over eating one day at a time. So even though its already 7:50pm here I will do a Just for today for the rest of tonight. I will drink 2 glasses of water and stay out of the last of the girls Halloween candy. And come back again tomorrow morning to make a fresh start.
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just for today-
    I will log all my food
    Exercise at least 30 minutes
    Drink minimally 8 glasses of water
    Don't eat after dinner.
  • losingrae
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

JFT - I will log and stay within my calorie budget.

I logged everything. I did not stay within my calorie budget. Had a bit of a binge episode tonight. However, I am making progress because I did log my binge. Usually, I would hide it. "Baby steps, Bob"

Good night all. See you tomorrow.
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a great day and I managed to pull off a .2lbs loss after having such a rough week, sooooooo

Just for today..

I will not snack after dinner (this is a big one for me)
    I will exercise twice
    I will eat fruit/veggies instead of processed snacks
  • Cindoka
    Options
    Just for today I'll use the stairs of my work place to go up
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am just joining...

Just for today I will exercise...I swim
    Just for today I will not have a glass of wine before or after dinner
    Just for today I will be very mindful and weigh and measure everything I eat and drink
    Just for today I will do it...just for today....