Just for today -- anyone want to join me on a 10 week "Just for today"

Options

Replies

• ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just found this and would like to join....

Just for today, I will run/walk 30 minutes.
    Just for today, I will drink 64 oz of water.
    Just for today, I will not have a glass of wine after dinner.
  • lydiamather1
    lydiamather1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is great! I'm new to MFP and any way to keep on track is helpful.

Just for today I will take breaks from my homework and exercise for 10 minutes.
    Just for today I will run even though it's cold.
    Just for today I will strength train for 30 minutes (something I find a bit boring).
  • LovingLifeLivingHealthy
    Options
    Joining in. . I need motivation and support.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    After yesterday's fail:

Just for today, I will log everything
    Just for today, I will stay within my calorie limit
    Just for today, I will go out and walk super fast or maybe even jog :)

• clszewczyk
    clszewczyk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh this is Just the post I needed to read today! Good Job everyone!
  • bnchristiansen
    bnchristiansen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I have such a hard time just keeping track of daily stuff and get so overwhelmed. I love the idea of focusing on one day at a time. I am getting married next October and I want to lose 30 pounds before my final dress fitting. :)

Just for today, I'm going to take a walk with my finance and dog for at least a mile.
    Just for today, I'm going to avoid sweets (cookies, chocolate candy.)
    Just for today, I'm going to drink at least 8 cups of water.

Just focusing on today.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,226 Member
    Options

11/10
    JFT: I not snack AFTER 7 pm
    JFT: I WILL start crocheting again tonight! I started a blanket about 6 months ago but been crazy busy with work! Hey, now I have lots of time, yay for me!!!!

Done Done Done
    11/11

JFT - I will get my Gazelle workout done tonight NO matter how tired I am!!!!
    JFT- I WILL continue my crochet project!!! :):)

• karaokewife
    Options
    Just for today I will not allow others to sabotage my goals.
    Just for today, I will ignore the box of Thin Mints in the freezer (brought home by someone else).
    Just for today, I will say "I choose not to eat ..." instead of "I cannot eat ..."
  • losingrae
    Options
    Just for today, I will say "I choose not to eat ..." instead of "I cannot eat ..."

I really like that!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,218 Member
    Options
    I am struggling SO much, and this is why I need to get on here everyday, and at least make an attempt to keep on trying. I have a lot of personal things going on with my daughter, who has mental illness. I want to eat for comfort, but I know I need to find other ways to deal with all this.

Here was my list from yesterday. I didn't do everything, but, I DID do some of these things! So trying to look at the positives, instead of the negatives

3. Get out for a long walk today before the weather turns DONE -- I Walked almost 5 miles yesterday. I went for a walk in the afternoon to soak up the sunshine, and another walk with a good friend in the evening.
    4. log everything that I put in my mouth - DONE -- I even logged the Buster Bar from Dairy queen!

SO JUST for today

1. I will work again on trying to get in the habit of chewing gum instead of eating
    2. I will concentrate harder on getting in my water
    3. No matter what, everything I eat I will log in my journal
    4. I will check off these things, so tomorrow morning, when I post my just for today list, I will have completed all these item.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    11/10
    JFT: I not snack AFTER 7 pm
    JFT: I WILL start crocheting again tonight! I started a blanket about 6 months ago but been crazy busy with work! Hey, now I have lots of time, yay for me!!!!

Done Done Done
    11/11

JFT - I will get my Gazelle workout done tonight NO matter how tired I am!!!!
    JFT- I WILL continue my crochet project!!! :):)

Great!! I would love to learn to crochet - great way to keep the hands busy instead of eating!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I love this idea! I have such a hard time just keeping track of daily stuff and get so overwhelmed. I love the idea of focusing on one day at a time. I am getting married next October and I want to lose 30 pounds before my final dress fitting. :)

Just for today, I'm going to take a walk with my finance and dog for at least a mile.
    Just for today, I'm going to avoid sweets (cookies, chocolate candy.)
    Just for today, I'm going to drink at least 8 cups of water.

Just focusing on today.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Next October will be here before you know it! I know you can do this - one day at a time!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Love to have you join us! I get inspired by others lists of just for today things!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Chewing my gum right now so I don't get into those marshmallows that are for hot chocolate!!
  • kscm02
    kscm02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Succeeded in my first goals yesterday of not eating after dinner and drinking 2 glasses of water instead.
    So again just for today (I laugh that I'm doing these so late in the day)
    Just for today....I will log everything I eat/drink
    Just for today I will get to my 10000 steps on app on my phone
    Just for today I will not go over my calorie goal on MFP
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i am NOT going to get into the delicous tubs of meat in the refrigerator
  • LovingLifeLivingHealthy
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

Love to have you join us! I get inspired by others lists of just for today things!

Thank you Joan! I hope you didn't get into the marshmallows!! I like the dessert gum. .mint chocolate chip. It does help! :) I didn't write any just for today's yet. I've done mfp b4. I think following WW. .the points works best for me and easy tracking but wanted to join here for the support. To log my weight changes, etc.
  • losingrae
    Options
    Just for today, I will try not to let the increase on the scale throw me into a funk that results in "comfort eating." It's just the body settling.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    Just for today, I will try not to let the increase on the scale throw me into a funk that results in "comfort eating." It's just the body settling.

You c an do this! I know I have to not look at the scale when I have a bad day. It is just too discouraging!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just for today --
    1. I will chew gum instead of eating. I did really good yesterday doing this. And Mint Choc Chip gum!! I will have to look for that.
    2. I will concentrate on water water water!!
    3. I will, like losingrae is doing, not let the scale define my success!