Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Hello and welcome to the thread that acknowledges alcohol. We like it.
smiley-eatdrink060.gif Most of us drink it. We struggle with the effect it has on our weight loss. We support each other when we strive to control it. We support each other when we fail to control it.

This is a support zone. Not a judging zone.

Here's to a new month and I have about 3 weeks before my alcoholic stupor arrives while I am in St. Thomas. I need to get things under control so the bikinis will look good.

Welcome to all the new lushes to the thread. we are all here to support.

If you wish to read our previous goings on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/221405-like-minded-lushes-april-2011?page=10#posts-3035238

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy May Day!
    DH and I have been celebrating our 2nd anniversary all weekend (it is actually tomorrow May 2nd) So lots of drinking going on.
    He gave me flowers :flowerforyou:
    and really nice champagne.smiley-eatdrink060.gif
    and then he gave me diamond and saphire earrings. :bigsmile:
    Today we are having brunch with my father and his lady and then DH and I will be spending the rest of the day just truly enjoying each others company. I love him soooooo much.:love::love: :love:

I hope that May is a great month for everyone. the sun is shining so I am in an incredibly good mood this morning. :happy:

Then tomorrow I will be good all week, I promise.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, R! It is an occasion to certainly enjoy - CHEERS! :drinker:
    I'm going to go back to idea of cutting back on weekday drinking. Leg injury = less working out = fewer calories to splurge on alcohol.
    Though it works out well for others, even pre-earned alcohol calories are somewhat questionable for me. :sad:
    Going to go back to making the alcohol a weekend thing.
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    great thread thankyou for inviting everyone new to thread but i will get up to speed fast
    pat
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    happy 2nd hopefully many more to come hope the weekend is great and you have a wonderful month
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Happy May Day!
    DH and I have been celebrating our 2nd anniversary all weekend (it is actually tomorrow May 2nd) So lots of drinking going on.
    He gave me flowers :flowerforyou:
    and really nice champagne.smiley-eatdrink060.gif
    and then he gave me diamond and saphire earrings. :bigsmile:
    Today we are having brunch with my father and his lady and then DH and I will be spending the rest of the day just truly enjoying each others company. I love him soooooo much.:love::love: :love:

I hope that May is a great month for everyone. the sun is shining so I am in an incredibly good mood this morning. :happy:

Then tomorrow I will be good all week, I promise.

April flew by!

Hope you have wonderful rest of your anniversary weekend and a great time on your anniversary. It's so refreshing to see others so in love when it seems that every other couple is either divorcing or breaking up. Seems like nobody stays together anymore.

9 drinks for me last night :frown: it was great to just hang out with the boyfriend though and watch the fights :smile: It's a rest day for me so no working out, maybe a stretch but that's it. May have some drinks later on, we'll see!! Boyfriend is doing his work now so we can spend the rest of the day together, in the meantime, I'm sitting out in the sun with the pups :glasses:

Have a fabulous day everyone! :smile:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap, its May already! Only a month left of school for the kids and then it's time to camp.. Wooooohoooo :) I actually have two camping trips planned for this month. I'm a little nervous though cause I usually start drinking at like 10am when i'm camping. I'm gonna have to figure out a way to cut that back some.

So, my husband and I drank almost a fifth last night and i'm feelin' kinda crappy but its an awesome day out today and is suppose to be pretty warm so i'm thinkin' i need to pack up the kids and my pup and go for a walk at the park!

Hey, congrats on your second anniversary! My second it coming up too... Its so nice to have someone around that you truely love and know that your loved back unconditionally :)
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm so glad I found this thread! Happily into 2 margaritas for my birthday celebration...thinking of getting a little exercise, even with a small buzz on! Time to dance!!
    **clink** Cheers!
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Bumpety bump.... yes that was the sound of empty beer bottles falling over :drinker:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Glad you had an awesome day Robin :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    May 1 and back from Napa, had a fabulous time and went to some great vineyards but it is May 1 and my challenge is to go without drinking until May 14-I will drink on my friend's wedding that day! But I will check in here with my progress and help from the lushes who abstain. One day at a time, as they say:)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    bumping....need to totally detox after this weekend...I am a super lush:embarassed:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I am starting Round 2 of the Fit-n-Trim Elimination contest...I am looking for 14 to 18 people to start on Wednesday morning for the first weigh-in. If you are interested, I will send you the information

Losing team will eliminate one person with the lowest percentage of body weight.

The person with the highest percentage of weight loss gets an advantage for the next week. This will have some twists as the weeks go on. The advantages will include immunity; weight advantage and disadvantage, trading players. This might not be for you if your feelings get hurt easily; or, you hate losing; or, you have low self-esteem. This is supposed to be fun and good natured.

Criteria to enter:
    1) You need to lose 20 or more pounds
    2) You have a digital scale
    3) You have a digital camera
    4) You can weigh in any day of the week (weekdays & weekends)
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Ate and drank so terribly this weekend that I couldn't even bare to log the booze :)

Oh well, I was planning on that one. New month, time to get back on it!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Robin!!!!!!!! So glad you had a great weekend!!!
    My husband and I also had a may wedding, the 18th, 4yrs. Love is grand isn't it :heart:

I had a booze filled saturday night-5-6 beers?? and 3-4 vodka tonics?? plus lots of food. Didn't feel too bad though had a killer workout saturday morning. But yesterday, I had no excuse for eating 1/2 pizza and fries, HUNGOVERS make me think its ok to splurge :frown:
    No drinks for me tonight, still drying out. Need to rehydrate

Hope we all survive our mondays!!!!
  • missxena
    missxena Posts: 70
    Options
    bump
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm detoxing this week, fo'sho. Back later to regale you with stories about my trip.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0 drinks, that's one down, 13 to go!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Back for another try at this in May. April was SIL birthday, Easter and DH birthday month PLUS he quit his job (but found another!)
    New job will require some evening hours which we are both hoping will get us out of the 3 hour happy hour habit.

Kim, I might be interested in the challenge, can you please send me the info?

Happy Anniversary Robin!