225/135 Max-Rep Bench Press "Club"

Options

Replies

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Perfect Friday! Down to the basement for loud tunes, Squats and calf raises...Then upstairs to a eye of round beef roast, potatoes and carrots that have been in the crock pot since 6 am.... Enjoying this thread too, Turning into a good place to just talk about lifting!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    beef... haven't had breakfast or lunch yet...
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I'm good for 6-8 reps depending on the day. Back in 99/00, I'd have been good for twenty or so, but my 1rm was 360 lbs at the time. I'm not sure what it would be today (I haven't bothered to test since I started lifting again), but it's not anywhere close to that much.
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Gotta eat bro! J\K I think I'm addicted to the smell of the crock pot and chicken roasting in the oven...lol
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    I'm good for 6-8 reps depending on the day. Back in 99/00, I'd have been good for twenty or so, but my 1rm was 360 lbs at the time. I'm not sure what it would be today (I haven't bothered to test since I started lifting again), but it's not anywhere close to that much.

360 is impressive!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

You even fast bro?
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • dbmata
    Options

You even fast bro?

Just work getting in the way of eating normally, now I've got an hour on the trainer scheduled for now. Meh.
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    They mostly just make great dou*chbag indicators.

Nice :)
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Perhaps Jason wasn't adequately recovered when he went back and that kind threw his planned progression out of whack or he was headed for a plateau at the time when he tested his 1RM?
    I find it hard to tell. Granted I'm not following an actual program, but at the same time I've only been lifting consistently for about 6 weeks, so I didn't think I should be slowing down just yet.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    They mostly just make great dou*chbag indicators.
    hahaha every good bro needs one though, bro

of course they do- which is why I own 3.

One to wear- one to wash and one extra just in case my bro friends leave one at home!!! Of course being that prepared makes me extra dou*chy but at least people know!
  • dbmata
    Options
    Perhaps Jason wasn't adequately recovered when he went back and that kind threw his planned progression out of whack or he was headed for a plateau at the time when he tested his 1RM?
    I find it hard to tell. Granted I'm not following an actual program, but at the same time I've only been lifting consistently for about 6 weeks, so I didn't think I should be slowing down just yet.
    Follow a program.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Mongolian Grill is perfect.
  • ChrisR46
    Options
    I'm currently off with an injury (partially torn quad tendon) which is keeping me out of the gym. My bench is, relatively speaking, my strongest lift. With good form, I've been able to press:

315x1
    300x3
    275x6
    225x12
    I haven't tested my max in about 2 months now, so I'm guessing that if I had not injured myself, I'd be pressing about 330x1
    Pressing movements come naturally to me, due in part to short arms.
    I'm 5'7", 204lbs
    Also, first post, so hello everyone, lol!
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    ChrisR46 wrote: »
    I'm currently off with an injury (partially torn quad tendon) which is keeping me out of the gym. My bench is, relatively speaking, my strongest lift. With good form, I've been able to press:

315x1
    300x3
    275x6
    225x12
    I haven't tested my max in about 2 months now, so I'm guessing that if I had not injured myself, I'd be pressing about 330x1
    I'm 5'7", 204lbs

Welcome, and way to rock the bench.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Strong first post. lol. Wilkommen.

Based on your numbers, I wonder...
  • ChrisR46
    Options
    Thanks guys! It's my favourite lift, and the one that I progress on the quickest. My deadlift is very weak compared to my bench and squat as I injured my lower back a few years ago, so it helps to have a strong bench press to even the discrepancy a bit, haha.
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    Mongolian Grill is perfect.

Never been, My wife loves it tho...
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    ChrisR46 wrote: »

315x1
    300x3
    275x6
    225x12
    I'm 5'7", 204lbs

Nice lifts!

• redfisher1974
    Options
    Thought i'd take some measurements to see how I'm doing, And to my surprise my neck, arms and calfs are all the same size, Not huge by no means but I feel good about my symmetry!