225/135 Max-Rep Bench Press "Club"

Options

Replies

• civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    They mostly just make great dou*chbag indicators.
    hahaha every good bro needs one though, bro

of course they do- which is why I own 3.

One to wear- one to wash and one extra just in case my bro friends leave one at home!!! Of course being that prepared makes me extra dou*chy but at least people know!
    Level up!
    image.jpg
  • civilizedworm
    Options
    ChrisR46 wrote: »
    I'm currently off with an injury (partially torn quad tendon) which is keeping me out of the gym. My bench is, relatively speaking, my strongest lift. With good form, I've been able to press:

315x1
    300x3
    275x6
    225x12
    I haven't tested my max in about 2 months now, so I'm guessing that if I had not injured myself, I'd be pressing about 330x1
    Pressing movements come naturally to me, due in part to short arms.
    I'm 5'7", 204lbs
    Also, first post, so hello everyone, lol!

***Drool***
  • civilizedworm
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    beef... haven't had breakfast or lunch yet...

You even fast bro?

Just work getting in the way of eating normally, now I've got an hour on the trainer scheduled for now. Meh.
    Sometimes I am not sure if it is the almost reckless eating I can indulge in, or lifting itself, I enjoy more.

The food ramp is always loaded, and the volume up to 11 on the food amp because 10 isn't usually enough.
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm currently off with an injury (partially torn quad tendon) which is keeping me out of the gym. My bench is, relatively speaking, my strongest lift. With good form, I've been able to press:

315x1
    300x3
    275x6
    225x12
    I haven't tested my max in about 2 months now, so I'm guessing that if I had not injured myself, I'd be pressing about 330x1
    I'm 5'7", 204lbs

***Drool***

Great numbers - but remember, we crave bench videos especially from new first time posts :wink:
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    HaHa ^
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    LOL, those ropes are in the gym I go to. And that video about sums it up. ^^^
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    When its done playing it comes up with a bunch of vids...Click the banned ads one, Funny stuff!
  • ChrisR46
    Options

315x1
    300x3
    275x6
    225x12
    I'm 5'7", 204lbs

***Drool***

Great numbers - but remember, we crave bench videos especially from new first time posts :wink:

lol, I know I know, but I dont record my lifts, and I'm not likely to for at least 2 more months, as I'm off with an injury. Can't really bench properly if I can't bend my right knee, and use that all important leg drive!

I really have no reason to inflate my lifts, but I understand where you're coming from. If it helps, my deadlift is pathetically weak in comparison, sitting at a paltry 385-390 1rm. I injured my lower back a few years ago, so I have a tough time doing that movement, even sumo.

Cheers!

***Drool***

Haha, thanks! My bench press is basically my only noteworthy lift, I think. I have no clue what my max squat is, but it's sub 400. I have done 315 for 5 fairly easy reps, but do not think I could crush a 4 plate squat yet.

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    When its done playing it comes up with a bunch of vids...Click the banned ads one, Funny stuff!

That's what I did too. The last one...I doubt that ever played in the US.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Yeah the first one was for Planet Fitness LOL.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I love the "burn" commercial from PF.

Well, no workout today. Delts and obliques are toast. Feeling just like a warmed over corpse. Guess I'll just hit up a bike session later tonight.
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm with you db though I really should get on some HIIT this evening..should...could...will.
  • dbmata
    Options
    My will was there, but ended up opting for rest. After 2gr of Aleve I'm functional. lol. This was my first big upper body workout since a two week layoff due to illness. I'm surprised the DOMS are so frickin' bad.

Cautionary tale: Don't take two weeks off.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    My will was there, but ended up opting for rest. After 2gr of Aleve I'm functional. lol. This was my first big upper body workout since a two week layoff due to illness. I'm surprised the DOMS are so frickin' bad.

Cautionary tale: Don't take two weeks off.

Taking two weeks off is akin to taking three scoops of pre-workout. Not advised. One week off or two scoops is the limit. Anything higher is no man's land.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I've found 10 days is about all I can do. I'm pleasantly sore after the first workout- but not completely immobile the following two days... and I haven't lost so much strength I have to "start over".. I just have to struggle through weights I was fine with previously.
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    I always gain strength after time off. That being said One week would be tops for me too.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I always gain strength after time off. That being said One week would be tops for me too.

When you're sick though... *sigh*

I did PR squat since being back though, so strength increase by 30#. lol
  • redfisher1974
    edited November 2014
    Options

Yeah being sick does not help with the lifts, Does help with weight loss sometimes..lol
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Sounds like a rebound effect due to the rest period.